Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
February 12, 2008

LYNN – A Lynn man died late Sunday after he was shot multiple times in the upper torso outside White Hen Pantry in Austin Square.Darlin Guzman, 28, of 33 Lincoln St., #37, succumbed to injuries shortly after the 11 p.m. shooting.Upon arrival, police found Guzman lying on the ground outside of the convenience store. He was treated at the scene and transported to Salem Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

<modsnip: Edited to comply with 10% copyright rule>

Lynn man dead after shooting - Itemlive

Last edited by a moderator:
February 12, 2008

LYNN – A Lynn man died late Sunday after he was shot multiple times in the upper torso outside White Hen Pantry in Austin Square.Darlin Guzman, 28, of 33 Lincoln St., #37, succumbed to injuries shortly after the 11 p.m. shooting.Upon arrival, police found Guzman lying on the ground outside of the convenience store. He was treated at the scene and transported to Salem Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

<modsnip: Edited to comply with 10% copyright rule>

Lynn man dead after shooting - Itemlive
Very very worrisome. This beast should never have been given this child.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not in the USA so my following of this case has been from what is posted here. Has their been any progress at all in locating HM? I see a lot of the MSM is about lookimg at back at how HM "feel through the cracks" but nothing on the investigation to find her.

I'm not in the USA so my following of this case has been from what is posted here. Has their been any progress at all in locating HM? I see a lot of the MSM is about lookimg at back at how HM "feel through the cracks" but nothing on the investigation to find her.
Apparently a lot of leads( 400+) but nothing yet.. crickets

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

Missing Harmony Montgomery’s father is a suspect in a murder from 2008, according to a report. Here is the latest on the missing 7-year-old…and the blame game among states and agencies that all failed the little girl. Reward up to almost 150k -- Call or text 603-203-6060.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1483992814287470596

(Video at link).

The media has the ability to dig through records and ask questions in regards to how this whole custody thing came to be, but that doesn't extend into the criminal investigation unfortunately.

So that's the angle we'll keep hearing about until there is a development on the Harmony front.

The media has the ability to dig through records and ask questions in regards to how this whole custody thing came to be, but that doesn't extend into the criminal investigation unfortunately.

So that's the angle we'll keep hearing about until there is a development on the Harmony front.

Hopefully they'll keep at it until we finally get some real changes in the way MA deals with children in troubled situations.

Massachusetts judge faces questions in case of missing 7-year-old Harmony Montgomery

BOSTON — The team at 5 Investigates tracked down a Massachusetts judge under fire in the case of 7-year-old Harmony Montgomery, the New Hampshire girl who has been missing for two years.

At issue is the judge’s decision to grant custody of the child, Harmony Montgomery, to her father, who has a documented history of criminal activity, much of it violent.

Sources told 5 Investigates the judge is Mark Newman, who retired in August 2019, six months after he granted custody to Harmony's father, Adam Montgomery, who was living in New Hampshire at the time.
83D8960D-2AE9-4A3F-BFDE-011C1C7A5A1F.jpeg

Newman did not respond when we asked him about his custody decision in the case.

Newman sat on the bench for almost 17 years and received many awards for his work. He was the First Justice of the Essex County Juvenile Court in 2019 when he made the controversial ruling in Harmony's case. He sat as a judge in that court from 2002 until his retirement three years ago.

<snip>

“This is an appalling, appalling decision,” said Child Advocate Maureen Flatley about Newman’s decision to give custody of Harmony to her father. She said it should have been obvious that placing Harmony with her father would put her in harm’s way.

“If anybody suggested that this child might be appropriately placed with a father that had a criminal record that included shooting somebody, they really need to have their head examined," Flatley said.

Massachusetts judge faces questions in case of missing 7-year-old Harmony Montgomery

BOSTON — The team at 5 Investigates tracked down a Massachusetts judge under fire in the case of 7-year-old Harmony Montgomery, the New Hampshire girl who has been missing for two years.

At issue is the judge’s decision to grant custody of the child, Harmony Montgomery, to her father, who has a documented history of criminal activity, much of it violent.

Sources told 5 Investigates the judge is Mark Newman, who retired in August 2019, six months after he granted custody to Harmony's father, Adam Montgomery, who was living in New Hampshire at the time.
View attachment 330705

Newman did not respond when we asked him about his custody decision in the case.

Newman sat on the bench for almost 17 years and received many awards for his work. He was the First Justice of the Essex County Juvenile Court in 2019 when he made the controversial ruling in Harmony's case. He sat as a judge in that court from 2002 until his retirement three years ago.

<snip>

“This is an appalling, appalling decision,” said Child Advocate Maureen Flatley about Newman’s decision to give custody of Harmony to her father. She said it should have been obvious that placing Harmony with her father would put her in harm’s way.

“If anybody suggested that this child might be appropriately placed with a father that had a criminal record that included shooting somebody, they really need to have their head examined,"
Flatley said.

This is obvious to everyone- so why ? That decision makes no sense and the I am assuming the judge was a sensible person.
Many layers -will the investigation reveal the truth to the public? OR like so often.. stop short , find a fall guy and leave it at that.
1st thing one thinks of when a person in power makes a decision that is so obviously wrong, is there money in the decision?
OR debt payback for the decision?( I know it sounds Soprano-ish.) MOO
Was there a massive DCY initiative to get kids (any way they can) out of the system - for a reason in 2019? If so why? MOO-

It's bizaar that a judge MN would , seemingly, blindly hand over a little girl to a dangerous, criminal, drug addict father, not need that assessment of AM prior to placement ( that would have revealed he was a criminal in NH TOO) nor issue and interstate compact to make sure Harmony was adjusting/school/dr etc.
There has to be a reason. Did The Judge skip looking at the paperwork and just signed or was it even his signature? Was he even present? Just wondering because this is so strange. MOO
And then he "retired" in 2019 hmmm , like the many suspicious situation you experience in your life aand you think to yourself sarcastically, "Of course that's the way it went.."

Very suspicious. MOO

Last edited:
This is obvious to everyone- so why ? That decision makes no sense and the I am assuming the judge was a sensible person.
Many layers -will the investigation reveal the truth the public? OR like so often.. stop short , find a fall guy and lie and leave it at that.
1st thing I think of when a person in power makes a decision that is so obviously wrong, is there money in the decision?
OR favor or debt payback for the decision?
Was there a massive DCY initiative to get kids (any way they can) out of the system - for a reason in 2019? If so why? MOO-
I wonder if MA will peel back the layers and if so IF it will reveal corruption inherent to the system to the public.
MOO
It's bazaar that a judge MN would blindly hand over a little girl to a dangerous, criminal, drug addict father, not need that assessment of AM prior to placement ( that would have revealed he was a criminal in NH TOO) nor issue and interstate compact to make sure Harmony was adjusting/school/dr etc.
There has to be a reason. Did The Judge skip looking at the paperwork and just signed or was it even his signature? Was he even present? Just wondering because this is so strange.
And then he "retired" in 2019 hmmm , like the many suspicious situation you experience in your life aand you think to yourself sarcastically, "Of course that's the way it went.."

Very suspicious. MOO

I don't think there's anything suspicious about a Judge retiring after 17 years on the bench. I don't think it was forced retirement given he's reportedly back working in Massachusetts courtrooms as a fill-in judge.

When all is said and done, I think we'll learn the court had a file that was very incomplete (i.e., missing NH history), and the why will eventually be answered...

I'm reminded of a case post bail reform with the push to grant non-violent offenders low bail to relieve overcrowding in jails and where the defendant's background check did not include Mexico (where he was a known drug cartel murderer). MOO

ETA: from the link...

Sources told 5 Investigates DCF was against this custody placement, but there are questions as to why Harmony was not eligible for adoption.

New Hampshire’s DCYF told 5 Investigates the department was waiting on information from Massachusetts to complete that ICPC, but never received it.

A spokesperson for the Massachusetts Trial Court said an ICPC is applicable in some cases, but not all.

Last edited:
From my personal experiences involved with foster care, I can tell you that children are returned to dangerous situations all the time. People just don't hear about it unless they go missing or are killed.

ETA: The goal is always to reunify kids with bio parents when possible. They believe that parents can be rehabilitated. Some can, but most can't. That is reality. There is a huge shortage of foster homes and places to put these kids. And the drug epidemic along with homelessness and poverty has put a huge strain on the system. Just to name a few reasons why this could happen.
There's still no excuse for what happened with Harmony and Oakley and all the other kids who have been sent to bio parents who are not capable of being safe parents.

Last edited:
I don't think there's anything suspicious about a Judge retiring after 17 years on the bench. I don't think it was forced retirement given he's reportedly back working in Massachusetts courtrooms as a fill-in judge.

When all is said and done, I think we'll learn the court had a file that was very incomplete (i.e., missing NH history), and the why will eventually be answered...

I'm reminded of a case post bail reform with the push to grant non-violent offenders low bail to relieve overcrowding in jails and where the defendant's background check did not include Mexico (where he was a known drug cartel murderer). MOO

ETA: from the link...

Sources told 5 Investigates DCF was against this custody placement, but there are questions as to why Harmony was not eligible for adoption.

New Hampshire’s DCYF told 5 Investigates the department was waiting on information from Massachusetts to complete that ICPC, but never received it.

A spokesperson for the Massachusetts Trial Court said an ICPC is applicable in some cases, but not all.
I don’t know, his record seems too much not to give pause , seems too much to omit, or be missing from the file so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member