Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, @ClaireNC and @Bodhi. I've added the adoption of Harmony's brother to the timeline which is still ridiculously short on details. Hope LE has a LOT more than this to go on. MOO

Sometime in 2019 – Harmony was last enrolled in school in Massachusetts, but (as of 12/31/21) LE did not yet know which town.

July or Aug 2019 – A man who said he is the uncle of Harmony’s father reported an incident to DCYF. He said after he reported the incident his nephew stopped speaking to him.

Oct 2019Harmony was last seen during a police call for service in October of 2019 at a residence in Manchester.

Nov 22, 2019 - Boston 25's Blair Miller adopted Harmony's brother on National Adoption Day.

Dec 31, 2021LE said they received a report this week that Harmony has not been seen since late 2019.

The timing of the news release about Harmony may have limited public awareness. But starting tomorrow, I expect the story will take off on local social media pages in the region. Harmony's distinctive disability (blind in the right eye) will make it easier to identify her if she was given away in an unofficial adoption. It will reduce the number of suspected sightings reported to police.

I like this Police Chief.

Noting at the 10:22 mark (your second link), he says,

A message went out department-wide from myself that should the officers on their patrols this evening, or working at the front counter, or answering calls upstairs - get any and all tips. People are not to be forwarded to a voice mail, they're not to be put on hold. They're to be kept on the line until a detective can get on the phone, or an officer, or a person at the front counter can take a detailed statement on how we can get back in contact with that person.

Yes, indeed. In a word: WOW!
He must be just fed up with all these children who are treated like trash -- that may not be for Harmony, but...
And as usual, IMO, somebody knows something...

You can see she is such a sweet, fun, funny girl.

It's sad to think she didn't have contact with her extended relatives for so long. (Note I am not blaming them, just saying it's sad how isolated her life must have been.)

bbm
And that can be very dangerous for a child, as we have seen so, so many times.

The timing of the news release about Harmony may have limited public awareness. But starting tomorrow, I expect the story will take off on local social media pages in the region. Harmony's distinctive disability (blind in the right eye) will make it easier to identify her if she was given away in an unofficial adoption. It will reduce the number of suspected sightings reported to police.

I mean, I came straight to WS to see if there was a thread because I just read an article about Harmony on an Australian news website. So yep, the story is definitely out there now.

OH NOOOO!! Not another child missing that hasn't been seen in **gasp** 2 YEARS ?!?!?!?!

How does this even happen ??
I understand some family members have called CPS and asked for welfare checks but how did these checks/follow ups FAIL ??

Unacceptable. and now we have another young child missing.

I sure hope she is safe somewhere but I don't think she is. :(

JAN 2, 2022
New Hampshire police start investigation two years too late for missing child - KYMA
An attorney general's with the state confirms their office is helping with the investigation as local police are reportedly investigating new leads.

The Chief of Manchester Police Department has full confidence in his officers.

"I have detectives working on this that all have children of their own," said Chief Allen Aldenberg. "I do not doubt their level of commitment and we're going to stay at this 24/7."

Okay, to stay out of trouble, I looked up the rules for paywalled articles and we are allowed to briefly paraphrase but no copy/paste.

This article does give the address of the property but I am not posting it.

Police search Gilford Street property in connection to missing girl | Public Safety | unionleader.com
  • The house was cordoned off with tarps and police tape.
  • A tent was set up in the backyard.
  • A LE critical incident van was in the driveway.
  • The homeowner/resident was not home at the time but gave permission for the search.
  • LE was there for 5.5 - 6 hours.

Police search Gilford Street property in connection to missing girl

“Police searched a property on Gilford Street in Manchester on Sunday in connection to 7-year-old Harmony Montgomery, who has been missing since 2019.

Neighbors reported police cordoned off 77 Gilford St. with tarps and police tape. Drone footage on Twitter showed a tent set up in the backyard.

Police Chief Allen Aldenberg would not release any further information on the Gilford Street search late Sunday afternoon.

The last time Harmony was reported seen was in October 2019, when she was 5 years old, according to police.”

JAN 2, 2022
Boston 25 Washington Correspondent Blair Miller shares his personal connection to missing girl in NH – Boston 25 News
Boston 25 Washington correspondent Blair Miller and his husband Johnathon have adopted three boys. They adopted their youngest son, [redacted], through the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families.

[...]

Miller told anchor Kerry Kavanaugh [redacted] often asks about his sister. He said his family has unsuccessfully tried to reach Harmony since adopting [redacted] in November 2019.

Miller added he inquired with DCF about possibly adopting Harmony as well. He says a caseworker told him then Harmony had been reunited with her father.

[...]

From that article:
"Aldenberg said there was much the police were still trying to learn about Harmony's life — even where she lived, and with whom. He said she had last been enrolled in school in Massachusetts in 2019, but did not yet know which town."

I'm surprised they don't know the town - seems like pretty basic info - hopefully they find out tomorrow when the world is back at work and they then find this girl.

Oakley, Elijah, Jasman & Nicole Snyder…I fear there will be many more 4-7yr olds that were last seen pre-covid and are only now reported missing as we start to get together with relatives after 2yrs. JMO.
Orson and Orion(?) were reported missing by their parents but it seems LE could never determine if they had moved with the family during the pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ribut1932