Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand corrected! Looks like HUD cleaned out the house and yard but did not rehab the house. It needs extensive repairs and was uninsurable. That explains why HUD listed it for $120,000 and sold it for that price. It needed more than updating to the buyer's taste.

Here's the video of what the house looked like when HUD put it on the market dated April 1, 2020.

One room (living room, I think) has 3 patches to the drywall. The baseboard radiator cover is missing in one room. The flooring in the kitchen has a huge gouge in front of the fridge.

The listing advises that repairs will exceed $10,000. It cautions that carbon monoxide detectors are required by state law (which did not apply bc a federal agency was selling it). Here's more of the description accompanying the youtube video.

Repairs may include but not limited to structure, electrical, roof, HVAC, and plumbing; Inspection recommended, Defective paint surfaces, Roof is near the end of its useful life, inspection is recommended, Per PCR, plumbing system does not hold pressure, Repair bathroom sink and replace flooring, Needed repairs: kitchen countertop; doors; windows; trims and floor covering, Repair-secure electrical wires, Buyer is responsible for determining property’s water source and sanitary system or sanitary sewer public provider. HUD Case# 341-152370. Property is sold as is. Uninsurable. Lead Based Paint addendum required.​

While it is possible that the contractors who cleaned out the house would have noticed something amiss, they would have been in and out for a short time. I was assuming based on my experience with HUD houses that were rehabbed that several workers would have been there full-time for months going over everything.

I stand corrected! Looks like HUD cleaned out the house and yard but did not rehab the house. It needs extensive repairs and was uninsurable. That explains why HUD listed it for $120,000 and sold it for that price. It needed more than updating to the buyer's taste.

Here's the video of what the house looked like when HUD put it on the market dated April 1, 2020.

One room (living room, I think) has 3 patches to the drywall. The baseboard radiator cover is missing in one room. The flooring in the kitchen has a huge gouge in front of the fridge.

The listing advises that repairs will exceed $10,000. It cautions that carbon monoxide detectors are required by state law (which did not apply bc a federal agency was selling it). Here's more of the description accompanying the youtube video.

Repairs may include but not limited to structure, electrical, roof, HVAC, and plumbing; Inspection recommended, Defective paint surfaces, Roof is near the end of its useful life, inspection is recommended, Per PCR, plumbing system does not hold pressure, Repair bathroom sink and replace flooring, Needed repairs: kitchen countertop; doors; windows; trims and floor covering, Repair-secure electrical wires, Buyer is responsible for determining property’s water source and sanitary system or sanitary sewer public provider. HUD Case# 341-152370. Property is sold as is. Uninsurable. Lead Based Paint addendum required.​

While it is possible that the contractors who cleaned out the house would have noticed something amiss, they would have been in and out for a short time. I was assuming based on my experience with HUD houses that were rehabbed that several workers would have been there full-time for months going over everything.
Years ago we had a home a few blocks away that went HUD and our entire neighborhood was infested with rats from both the cleanup and the rehab. These homes can be a real mess.

Not much for backyard privacy, but inside, someone really wanted that refrigerator moved. I'd like to see the wall behind it.

JMO

That's disturbing. I keep hoping she'll be found alive. I don't know how her brother is going to take it if he can never see her again. Too many tragedies in this one.
Some cases have at least some hope, no matter how remote. For me, this absolutely isn't one of them.

A history of criminal behavior, to include horrific child abuse. She disappears, and he makes up a terrible cover story and lies to law enforcement.

I've seen this movie one too many times, and my hope today is they do in fact recover her body at that house.

If not, I hope they find evidence that corroborates the account of any witness who may be cooperating.

JAN 8, 2022
Harmony Montgomery Great Uncle Kevin Montgomery Is Furious at Arrests ‘Two Years Too Late’
[...]

... Harmony’s great uncle, is brimming rage and frustration at authorities moving “two years too late,” as he put it in an interview.

“Why weren’t charges filed back then?” Montgomery, the uncle of Harmony’s father Adam, told The Daily Beast Thursday, referring to a call he said he made to the state’s child welfare agency in 2019, along with a separate incident that involved police that year. “These charges stem from 2019 and that is my problem. We are where we are now because nobody took what we were saying seriously.”

“It’s infuriating. I’m frustrated,” Montgomery added.

[...]

“It’s all disgusting,” Montgomery said on Thursday. “Everything about this is horrible because my niece is missing. I love the police and think they are focusing on finding Harmony, but to know that charges are being filed for things that happened years ago? We’re way behind.”

Montgomery argued that the charges against his nephew should have come as early as July 2019—when he claimed he notified the state Division for Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) about Harmony.

[...]

Michael Rosenfield NBC10 Boston on Twitter
Breaking: Harmony Montgomery’s mother makes first public appearance and comments since her daughter’s mysterious disappearance made widespread headlines. Next at 6 @NBC10Boston.

5:53 PM · Jan 8, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
I just watched this live. Looks like law enforcement is still on scene.

Mom commented that she still believes Harmony is alive, because "a mother knows."

Said that she had been looking for her and will continue to look for her.

I just hope Harmony's mother finds the strenght to stay sober through these very hard times ahead of her. She has a baby who needs her, plus her other children. Regardless of what caused her parental rights to be removed, she's a desperate mother, she tried to find Harmony, she contacted schools, she tried to contact Harmony's father, she contacted DCYF/CPS. TO ME, it doesn't look like she didn't care about her daughter, quite the opposite.

I just watched this live. Looks like law enforcement is still on scene.

Mom commented that she still believes Harmony is alive, because "a mother knows."

Said that she had been looking for her and will continue to look for her.
I certainly hope she's right but sadly, I think her instincts are off. Harmony's going to need a miracle. MOO

JAN 8, 2021
Harmony Montgomery Search: Police at Missing Girl’s Last Known Home Saturday – NBC Boston
[...]

Crystal Sorey was at a park in Manchester with family and friends for a candlelight vigil, where the group said prayers and aimed to remind the public that Harmony is still missing.

She had this message for the 7-year-old girl: "Hi, baby. If you can see me and hear me, I want you to know that I never stopped looking for you and I won't stop fighting until I find you, okay? You stay strong and mommy's right here fighting for you. I love you!"

[...]

"I don't feel like she's gone. I just don't feel that in my heart," Sorey said. "Like, I don't feel like I lost her. And a mother knows, a mother knows if your baby's here or not. I know she's here."

[...]

The vigil was held after police searched the home, on Manchester's Gilford Street, where Harmony was last known to have lived.

[...]

Tim Callery on Twitter
Crystal Sorey says her last contact with Harmony was during a Facetime call on Easter of 2019. She says shortly after, Harmony's father and legal custodian, Adam Montgomery, cut all ties with her.
7:20 PM · Jan 8, 2022·Twitter Web App

Blair Miller on Twitter
A small vigil tonight for #HarmonyMontgomery - Since we can’t be there right now, Harmony and Jamison’s mom, Crystal, shared these with us. We all are praying to #BringHomeHarmony
FInmAevXEAUR2VI

7:02 PM · Jan 8, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members