Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester NH Police

JAN 7, 2022 10:47AM ·

Reward has Increased to $94,000
The Manchester Police Department would like to extend their heartfelt gratitude to the many businesses and private citizens who have made generous pledges of monetary support since the investigation into Harmony Montgomery began.
At this point, we are pleased to announce that the reward has reached $94,000! In the past 24 hours we received 5 pledges, one of which was a private donation from Bernice Thomas of Nashua for $15,000.
Along with Ms. Thomas we have received a private offer of $10,000 from Jessica Popp of Vermont, $5000 from NH Executive Councilor Janet Stevens of District 3, $3000 from Alpha Bits Learning Center of Manchester, and Harmony Psychiatric Services of Salem has pledged $1000.
We cannot thank the community and those from surrounding states, cities, and towns enough for their generosity and support as we continue to investigate the disappearance of this 7 year old child. Your help is greatly appreciated and we hope this reward encourages people to come forward with valuable information.
If anyone has any tips in regards to Harmony Montgomery’s whereabouts, you are asked to call the dedicated tipline at 603-203-6060. It is manned 24/7 and can received both calls and text messages.

Where were AM and KM living from October 2019 to March/April 2021?

In a car? For a year and a half?
Whose car?

Without any money?! Were their friends letting them live free with them? A family of five?

They cut off all contact with relatives during that time including KM’s mother?
A lot yet to be uncovered in this tangled mess.

“She says she and other family members followed every lead they had and have made “more than 80 calls” to child and youth protective services both in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, but no one followed up with her.”

:(
Crystal says she and relatives called DCF/DCYF in Massachusetts and New Hampshire more than 80 times.

And another interesting detail is that in her e-mail to the mayor of Manchester about DCYF's inaction, she stated she was prepared to go to the press if no one could help her. A detective called her within hours and stated Manchester Police were looking into where Harmony is. A supervisor from DCYF called within 24 hours to say they were investigating.

I credit the adoptive fathers of Crystal's son for advising Crystal to contact the mayor and what to say. 80 calls to child protection services from concerned relatives were not followed up on. Blair Miller is a reporter. Reporters know who to contact to find something out and the wording that will elicit a response. My opionion is his professional expertise informed Crystal's e-mail to the mayor. Her diplomatically worded threat to go to the press for assistance spurred action.
‘No one listened to me’: Mother of Harmony Montgomery says child services in 2 states ‘failed her daughter’ | Manchester Ink Link

So 80 legitimate concern calls about Harmony and her being abused , missing etc were ignored? 80 calls is a lot of calls about Harmony who has been missing for 2+ years!Wow, no action until Crystal took a different route, what about the calls to DCYf made by all the caring people concerning abuse and neglect of children? Are they systematically ignored as a rule! 80 calls seems too many to ignore. Just wow

Manchester NH Police

JAN 7, 2022 10:47AM ·

Reward has Increased to $94,000
The Manchester Police Department would like to extend their heartfelt gratitude to the many businesses and private citizens who have made generous pledges of monetary support since the investigation into Harmony Montgomery began.
At this point, we are pleased to announce that the reward has reached $94,000! In the past 24 hours we received 5 pledges, one of which was a private donation from Bernice Thomas of Nashua for $15,000.
Along with Ms. Thomas we have received a private offer of $10,000 from Jessica Popp of Vermont, $5000 from NH Executive Councilor Janet Stevens of District 3, $3000 from Alpha Bits Learning Center of Manchester, and Harmony Psychiatric Services of Salem has pledged $1000.
We cannot thank the community and those from surrounding states, cities, and towns enough for their generosity and support as we continue to investigate the disappearance of this 7 year old child. Your help is greatly appreciated and we hope this reward encourages people to come forward with valuable information.
If anyone has any tips in regards to Harmony Montgomery’s whereabouts, you are asked to call the dedicated tipline at 603-203-6060. It is manned 24/7 and can received both calls and text messages.
This kind of money would certainly entice anyone who traveled in the same circles as Adam or Kayla to provide information they thought relevant. (Might prompt a few to concoct things too.)

But I doubt either Adam or Kayla talked about Harmony or even gave her much thought. She was a nuisance to them, aside from increased benefits. I doubt Adam was bonded with her. Once she was out of their daily lives, I think it's unlikely they gave her a second thought. Unfortunately, that means the people in their circles, people with similar substance abuse issues or living in transitional housing, won't have information that'd be helpful. JMO.

Anyone who followed the Gabby Petito case will be excited to see this:

Taking off for Manchester, New Hampshire to look into the disappearance of 7-year-old Harmony Montgomery. Tomorrow police are expected to continue searching the yard and home where she last lived. Tips — DM me.
E50D8CA1-77D8-4802-A53C-32E89956F824.jpeg

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1480361368582721537?s=21

This kind of money would certainly entice anyone who traveled in the same circles as Adam or Kayla to provide information they thought relevant. (Might prompt a few to concoct things too.)

But I doubt either Adam or Kayla talked about Harmony or even gave her much thought. She was a nuisance to them, aside from increased benefits. I doubt Adam was bonded with her. Once she was out of their daily lives, I think it's unlikely they gave her a second thought. Unfortunately, that means the people in their circles, people with similar substance abuse issues or living in transitional housing, won't have information that'd be helpful. JMO.
Yeah, if anything, I'd expect false leads from that crowd in an effort to collect the reward.

I get the impression that law enforcement isn't just doing their due diligence with this search of the backyard though.

Tomorrow could be a big day.

So 80 legitimate concern calls about Harmony and her being abused , missing etc were ignored? 80 calls is a lot of calls about Harmony who has been missing for 2+ years!Wow, no action until Crystal took a different route, what about the calls to DCYf made by all the caring people concerning abuse and neglect of children? Are they systematically ignored as a rule! 80 calls seems too many to ignore. Just wow
We don't know if the calls were legitimate. We know that Harmony's family and other relatives state they contacted child protective services. Crystal had no legal relationship to Harmony. Even Adam's relatives had no right to contact with her or to know where she was. DCYF do not tell callers information about a child unless they have legal standing to that information.

It does not seem DCYF had a open case involving any of the children in Adam's or Kayla's. Since Adam and Kayla blocked all contact with relatives after October 2019, none of them could have current information about the children's welfare or whereabouts. If Crystal or Adam's relatives had concerns, I don't see how they could have had any allegations specific enough for DCYF to open a case. JMO. I don't know the legal standards are for DCYF involvement. I just know that DCYF cannot barge into a home at will and insert themselves. There must be credible allegations of abuse or neglect.

I am not defending DCYF in this case, just cautioning that we do not the details. DCYF cannot comment. Harmony's relatives can and are. Here, we accept the credibility of victims. Until we know otherwise, I take their word that they attempted to locate Harmony or asked about her welfare. I don't expect people have documentation unless they were fighting for custody. And DCYF cannot release any documentation. I trust the proper authorities in both states are investigating how the reuinification happened and how any reports they may have received were handled.

Where were AM and KM living from October 2019 to March/April 2021?

In a car? For a year and a half?
Whose car?

Without any money?! Were their friends letting them live free with them? A family of five?

They cut off all contact with relatives during that time including KM’s mother?
A lot yet to be uncovered in this tangled mess.

Locals discussed specific apartment buildings downtown on social media early on.

There are agencies like Families in Transition that help families find housings.

Yeah, if anything, I'd expect false leads from that crowd in an effort to collect the reward.

I get the impression that law enforcement isn't just doing their due diligence with this search of the backyard though.

Tomorrow could be a big day.
Here's hoping for a resolution! If this child is not alive, I hope her loved ones will have certainty soon.

JAN 9, 2022
Search at Manchester home where Harmony Montgomery was last seen continues (wmur.com)
[...]

Manchester police told News 9 they will continue searching the property on Gilford Street Monday. ...

[...]

"Our relationship with that side of the family, Harmony's caretakers, was strange. So we haven't gotten no pictures, no conversations, no nothing," KM said.

KM said he did speak up before Harmony's disappearance was announced.

"Some of the people that loved her the most, we had no rights when it came to parents. We had no rights. Things were done. Reports were made," KM said.

[...]

It sounds like the judge who gave custody to the father is the one who would have orderd an Interstate Protective Measure. According to this judge being interviewed in this article (not a judge involved in this case), she would normally require an Interstate Protective Measure in all cases where a child is being placed out of state. This deserves additional review, and should be mandatory, only with rare exceptions. But certainly with a biological mother and father with histories like these two have.

So, does anyone know more about this process? From my understanding, MA had jurisdiction over all 3 & it was solely a MA DCF case. Neither parent had permanent custody & foster case was involved.

Then what? Father moved to NH or Father rehabilitated himself in MA then moved to NH? The sequence of events there is critical to understanding who dropped the ball.

I lean toward MA. How did the Father get approved? Did they just want to lose a case & so figured he’s in NH & he wants her? That seems crazy.

Or did NH refuse the Interstate agreement? How does that work? MA was in the position of most knowledge & I just feel like they’re likely the ones who dropped the ball.

Which is particularly upsetting since I live in MA & recall all too many DCF failures followed by promises of reform.

So, does anyone know more about this process? From my understanding, MA had jurisdiction over all 3 & it was solely a MA DCF case. Neither parent had permanent custody & foster case was involved.

Then what? Father moved to NH or Father rehabilitated himself in MA then moved to NH? The sequence of events there is critical to understanding who dropped the ball.

I lean toward MA. How did the Father get approved? Did they just want to lose a case & so figured he’s in NH & he wants her? That seems crazy.

Or did NH refuse the Interstate agreement? How does that work? MA was in the position of most knowledge & I just feel like they’re likely the ones who dropped the ball.

Which is particularly upsetting since I live in MA & recall all too many DCF failures followed by promises of reform.
I doubt this will answer all of your questions but may be helpful.

25 Investigates: ‘System failure’ allowed NH girl’s disappearance to go unreported for two years – Boston 25 News
What’s unclear is whether Massachusetts DCF requested an ICPC and whether New Hampshire declined to do one. Under Massachusetts regulations, when a child is going to the custody of a biological parent an ICPC is not required. ICPC’s are usually invoked when children are placed for adoption or foster care across state lines.

I doubt this will answer all of your questions but may be helpful.

25 Investigates: ‘System failure’ allowed NH girl’s disappearance to go unreported for two years – Boston 25 News
What’s unclear is whether Massachusetts DCF requested an ICPC and whether New Hampshire declined to do one. Under Massachusetts regulations, when a child is going to the custody of a biological parent an ICPC is not required. ICPC’s are usually invoked when children are placed for adoption or foster care across state lines.

Thx!

I was also just wondering about the father getting custody. In most articles I read it almost sounded like the father was not part of the original MA DCF case. It only mentions her and her losing custody. I had wondered about the logistics there but now am wondering if he was never declared the father & thus had no custodial rights & also thus had no DCF case or file.

So then MA DCF what? Gets the adoption request, mother willing to surrender rights. How does the father get involved? Do they find him or does he seek custody? Does the state just say, “He’s the bio father. Never had a DCF case. Good to go”? Why/who didn’t want to let her be adopted with her 1/2 brother?

I feel like the Mother tried to do the best she could in the appalling circumstances. At least recognizing her inability to provide a stable life. And if it’s true that she & her family made repeated reports I think she is really a victim too. But someone at DCF could have prevented this IMO.

I just can't understand how this poor sweet girl was treated like this by her own father but to know so many reports of abuse were made and this poor girl was not saved just makes me so sad and angry I have tears forwhat this sweet child went through I will never understand there is so many evil people around us I am just lost for words I am so sorry sweet girl for the horrible life you had you deserved so much better

I wonder if she would have been saved if the relative(s) had called 911 about her black eye and her father admitting he abused her, instead of calling DCFS. (Or did they call 911?) Hindsight is 20/20, though :(.

I will be surprised if they find her buried in the yard. They have to dig, though. It reminds me of Orrin and Orson's case, when they were digging up that yard.

What type of family are you living in where you can openly admit to your other family members to knocking your 5 year old daughter around resulting in her having a black eye. I will never understand family dynamics like this. How did this guy not wind up with a black eye himself after admitting that information?!

Thx!

I was also just wondering about the father getting custody. In most articles I read it almost sounded like the father was not part of the original MA DCF case. It only mentions her and her losing custody. I had wondered about the logistics there but now am wondering if he was never declared the father & thus had no custodial rights & also thus had no DCF case or file.

So then MA DCF what? Gets the adoption request, mother willing to surrender rights. How does the father get involved? Do they find him or does he seek custody? Does the state just say, “He’s the bio father. Never had a DCF case. Good to go”? Why/who didn’t want to let her be adopted with her 1/2 brother?

I feel like the Mother tried to do the best she could in the appalling circumstances. At least recognizing her inability to provide a stable life. And if it’s true that she & her family made repeated reports I think she is really a victim too. But someone at DCF could have prevented this IMO.
Unfortunately, there’s still a big gap in the timeline from the time Harmony was born until her sperm donor was awarded custody in Feb 2019. As @Seattle1 pointed out earlier in the thread, AM was probably in jail when Harmony was born.

He was arrested in Jan 2014 for a probation violation and then arraigned in Mar 2014 and held without bail for shooting his heroin dealer in the head in Jan 2014 when CS was four months pregnant with Harmony. Harmony was born in Jun 2014 and shortly thereafter in Sept, AM was sentenced to 18 months likely being released around Aug 2015.

AFAIK, there’s been no mention as to whether or not CS and AM reunited when he was released but we know that AM and KM’s first child was born in June 2017, so he had moved on by at least the time that Harmony was three years old.

So, it’s really unclear what relationship AM had with Harmony, if any, during the first few years of her life or how he became involved with DCF. MOO

Last edited:
What type of family are you living in where you can openly admit to your other family members to knocking your 5 year old daughter around resulting in her having a black eye. I will never understand family dynamics like this. How did this guy not wind up with a black eye himself after admitting that information?!

I had the same thoughts. I can only guess that he himself grew up this way, and so did the family members he mentioned it to. I know how backwards that all sounds but I once knew a family where backhanding a kid in the mouth was considered appropriate discipline, and no one ever spoke out against it. :( I think it's probably a lot more common than we even realize.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member