Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone in recovery myself, I have to comment on using the term "slipped up." It's so - minimizing. Let's be honest and call it what it is, a relapse.

DCFS doesn't just decide they are not going to try and reunite children with their mother or father unless that parent repeatedly demonstrates failure to complete their treatment program.

When I think about the effort people put into their addiction, I wonder why they don't put that same kind of effort into their recovery.

To quote Dr. Phil, when you choose the behavior, you choose the consequence.

All of our dreams are on the other side of fear.

<modsnip> Our choices have more than immediate consequences and this sadly is an example of long term consequences of choices.

I'm so sorry Harmony. Praying you are found and justice comes swiftly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly his family was terrified deep down of him and what he could do, either then or later. What do you do when you know you have a violent psychopath for a relative?

It does sound like they reported the abuse, so then what went wrong that authorities didn't help her?

If I have a violent psychopath relative who I am terrified of, there wouldnt be any interaction occurring in order for them to even inform me that they had been treating their 5 year old like a punching bag.

The fact this happened to be casually discussed between family members leads me to believe that fear either wasnt a factor or was disregarded.
He also didnt come up with some sort of "she fell while playing" cover story- he felt comfortable enough simply telling it like it was to family. There must be a reason for that.
MOO

Heartbreaking to think that this whole situation could have been prevented had there been robust planning and appropriate channels of communication between MA and NH.

With regards to Dad being ‘approved’ as Harmony’s main carer, would there even be an assessment involved? In my country, his name on her birth certificate would give him parental rights would ultimately trump everything. Children’s services may even have sought him out to allow them to proceed with permanency planning as they’re legally obliged to do so.

IMO it may even be the case that Dad refused offers of ongoing support, engagement wouldn’t necessarily be statutory because he was her Dad, he held parental rights. His history alone would obviously have been cause for concern IMO, but as someone mentioned previously, if his convictions didn’t relate to child maltreatment, he was in an apparently stable relationship and had children with his new partner etc., then it may have seemed preferable that Harmony go live with him rather than continue in FC. If he had no current involvement with the justice system or substance misuse etc, then there would have been no grounds for a judge to order ongoing input from children’s services.

All my own musings and opinions as I try to wrap my head around how this poor child fell through the cracks.

It really seems to be a case of poor Harmony being out of sight, therefore out of mind. Where are you beautiful girl? :(
I appreciate your analysis! Clicking "like" wasn't enough. Thank you.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

What was the DCYF hearing about? And why was CS allowed to attend if she is no longer a custodial parent? I thought DCYF hearings were confidential. Is it related to her contacting DCYF and the Mayor's Office in November 2021?

ETA: I get that DCYF would hold a hearing and have AM there, since he is the custodial parent of a missing child. But don't quite understand why they allowed CS to be there, unless it was due to her contacting them in November.

Last edited by a moderator:
What was the DCYF hearing about? And why was CS allowed to attend if she is no longer a custodial parent? I thought DCYF hearings were confidential. Is it related to her contacting DCYF and the Mayor's Office in November 2021?

ETA: I get that DCYF would hold a hearing and have AM there, since he is the custodial parent of a missing child. But don't quite understand why they allowed CS to be there, unless it was due to her contacting them in November.
I'm wondering that too, since Crystal has no legal relationship to Harmony. Does the court have discretion on who is allowed in a custody hearing? Maybe one of our attorneys will weigh in.

I doubt he gives a rip. No remorse.
He’s probably smirking thinking he’s succeeded in the ultimate spite to her mother.
JMO
Agree! I very much doubt he is suicidal. Harmony was disposable to him, in my opinion. He is a vindictive, controlling misogynist. I bet he is enjoying punishing Crystal, regardless of who initiated their breakup. All JMO.

When will someone in Govt stand up for children and realize that many Bio-Donors are not capable staying sober, holding a job or raising a child. Harmony would be here today if one person at the courthouse or DCS bothered to even look at Dad's criminal and drug history. Crystal is completely unreliable and anything she claims is probably BS. She said once she found out Dad got custody she started "making phone calls"? 80 phone calls. To who?
Who did she THINK was going to get custody while she got thrown back into rehab again. Did any of these relatives that are now talking to the press and pointing fingers at state workers offer to take her in? I'm sorry, but this is the third or forth child in NH that has been either found living in squalor, had drugs in their systems or went missing in NH in the last few months. The system is broken and drug addicted parents should never be given custody.

I doubt he gives a rip. No remorse.
He’s probably smirking thinking he’s succeeded in the ultimate spite to her mother.
JMO
Yeah anyone who proudly states “I bashed her around that house” to describe what they did to their 5 year old child, has not an ounce of remorse. Zero.
I’m glad his 3 other little children are safe and away from him, and hope and pray they never had to endure any of his violent abuse.
Monster.

May today be the day sweet Harmony is found.

IMHOO

Yeah anyone who proudly states “I bashed her around that house” to describe what they did to their 5 year old child, has not an ounce of remorse. Zero.
I’m glad his 3 other little children are safe and away from him, and hope and pray they never had to endure any of his violent abuse.
Monster.

May today be the day sweet Harmony is found.

IMHOO
I hope KM (his ex wife, mother of the 3 little kids) is realizing that HER children could very well have been AM's next victims.

When will someone in Govt stand up for children and realize that many Bio-Donors are not capable staying sober, holding a job or raising a child. Harmony would be here today if one person at the courthouse or DCS bothered to even look at Dad's criminal and drug history. Crystal is completely unreliable and anything she claims is probably BS. She said once she found out Dad got custody she started "making phone calls"? 80 phone calls. To who?
Who did she THINK was going to get custody while she got thrown back into rehab again. Did any of these relatives that are now talking to the press and pointing fingers at state workers offer to take her in? I'm sorry, but this is the third or forth child in NH that has been either found living in squalor, had drugs in their systems or went missing in NH in the last few months. The system is broken and drug addicted parents should never be given custody.

Although parents have rights that need to be followed, Childrens Services professionals need to do a much better job at assessing the biological father's and biological mother's ability to care for their children and keep them safe. Children have rights, too, and as some of the most vulnerable members of our society, they need to be protected. Children in foster care should be assigned an advocate, a lawyer or other professional to represent them in placement decisions. Maybe some states already provide this. It would be costly to a state, but it seems that most social workers are required to attend to both the biological parents' rights because of the law, as well as the child's rights, they're in a difficult position. Also, with high caseloads, there are going to be children who fall between the cracks, like little Harmony.

I haven't followed this case as closely as some others, so maybe I have missed something. I understood that CS did not have custody but I have not read that her parental rights were severed. I understand that Harmony's dad was awarded physical primary custody but that doesn't mean CS has no place at this hearing? The man absconded with his child, blocked contact with her mother, and then when Harmony was noticed to be "missing" told authorities he gave her to CS.

Why on earth WOULDN'T she be allowed to attend? Just because one parent doesn't have custody doesn't mean they ceased being a parent in the eyes of the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly