GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And why would a perp, intent upon taking her, leave the flashers on to draw attention? Flashers are meant to draw attention, the last thing most criminals are looking for IMHO. If he was ripping her out of the car don't you think he could have/would have reached in and shut the flashers off? If she were in trouble she would not have stopped at this place for help and the fact that the car was running when found rules out car trouble as a reason for the flashers IMO. If it were a car jacking, why didn't they take the car? Because of the baby? If so, this will be the first carjacking in Conway. Ever. And carjackings do not usually end in a disappearance of the driver.....

I *guess* I could go with the theory that the perp didn't want to hurt the baby and hoped the baby would be found, but I only think that could be the case if the perp was the one dumping the car. That is entirely possible, but they knew where she lived, you'd think the smarter thing to do would have been to drive her car back to her house (or leave it there) and pretend like nothing happened, knowing she had roommates, knowing the baby would be found there.

It *could* have been a car-jacking and they realized baby was in the back after the fact, but usually during a car-jacking, they don't abduct the driver and hide them. Usually they either shoot them on the spot or leave them on the side of the road. The baby in the car in a parking lot makes sense with a car-jacking scenario, but the area and the rest of the clues so far don't fit.

The "car trouble" could have been that this other driver hit her car, consistent with possible car damage seen in the photos, but that's the only reason I can think of for her to stop there and would be the perfect way to get her out of the car. The question still remains why? I think a lot more will come to light when we know who the owner of the second car they are processing is.

The more I think about it, the more I think she had to have known she was in some kind of trouble before she exited the vehicle or why would she have put her flashers on IN a parking lot? Maybe the side of the road, but in a parking lot? Not likely.

Unless the perp was driving her car and put the flashers on to draw attention to the fact the baby was in there.

Whatever the case is, one thing we know for sure is the person really wanted the baby to be ok (leaving the heat on, door ajar, flashers on, etc) and be found.

I *guess* I could go with the theory that the perp didn't want to hurt the baby and hoped the baby would be found, but I only think that could be the case if the perp was the one dumping the car. That is entirely possible, but they knew where she lived, you'd think the smarter thing to do would have been to drive her car back to her house (or leave it there) and pretend like nothing happened, knowing she had roommates, knowing the baby would be found there.

It *could* have been a car-jacking and they realized baby was in the back after the fact, but usually during a car-jacking, they don't abduct the driver and hide them. Usually they either shoot them on the spot or leave them on the side of the road. The baby in the car in a parking lot makes sense with a car-jacking scenario, but the area and the rest of the clues so far don't fit.

The "car trouble" could have been that this other driver hit her car, consistent with possible car damage seen in the photos, but that's the only reason I can think of for her to stop there and would be the perfect way to get her out of the car. The question still remains why? I think a lot more will come to light when we know who the owner of the second car they are processing is.

I haven't seen that alleged damage to the car. I've looked at the photos but didn't see any. Many, many cars around here have little dents and dings. Running off the road in the winter is very common, for everyone. At some point many people stop fixing all the little boo-boos and let them go to a point. And the road to Cranmore is not well travelled....at all. Only those who live up there. It is not a cut through to get to anything. I'm trying to say that a small ding on the car wouldn't necessarily mean someone else hit her unless the family can verify that it is a new dent.

Driving the car back home would have been a good idea but very risky, provided they know where she lives..... That is a 1 1/2 hour drive through traffic though, excellent chance of being seen or caught on a camera somewhere.

I have hope that since they found another car to process, they have a good lead. :crossfingers:

I haven't seen that alleged damage to the car. I've looked at the photos but didn't see any. Many, many cars around here have little dents and dings. Running off the road in the winter is very common, for everyone. At some point many people stop fixing all the little boo-boos and let them go to a point. And the road to Cranmore is not well travelled....at all. Only those who live up there. It is not a cut through to get to anything. I'm trying to say that a small ding on the car wouldn't necessarily mean someone else hit her unless the family can verify that it is a new dent.

Driving the car back home would have been a good idea but very risky, provided they know where she lives..... That is a 1 1/2 hour drive through traffic though, excellent chance of being seen or caught on a camera somewhere.

I have hope that since they found another car to process, they have a good lead. :crossfingers:

The officer on NG didn't dispute that there was body damage to the car and seemed to concur, but I guess more will be told by the other car. Maybe the other car has black paint on it.

Many of them are not from NH however Bike week in NH is not what people think. We have some pretty strict laws up here.

I know doctors/lawyers etc that get all dressed up for Bike week in their leathers and ride their harleys. I went once just to see what the hype was all about. Heck I have gone to County Fairs that were scarier than this :) and that was before all of the rules and laws were enacted for Bike week.

We have more highway deaths during this week than we do drug arrest because of it.

There's not that many 'Hells Angels' & similar local (or not) 'biker' gangs participating during this week? That's been the perception for so many yrs plus all kinds of trouble..Glad to hear it's not so bad now :)

A) "We believe there is blood evidence in the vehicle," Sheriff Christopher Conley told the Union Leader newspaper.

B) Over the weekend search and rescue teams and members of the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department searched the woods near the ski mountain where Dittmeyer's car was found. Cops said today they were confident Dittmeyer was not in the woods and called off the search.

"One thing we're good at in Northern New Hampshire is looking for people lost in woods," said Lt. Chris Perley, spokesman for the New Hampshire Police Department. 'We're confident the area is searched and we're not re-searching."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/blood-found-car-missing-mom-krista-dittmeyer/story?id=13459877

Blood "evidence" sounds to me like it's not old blood or very small amounts.

So...did they search thoroughly or did they have another reason to believe that she "was not in the woods"?

was the damage in the front of the car? ..I feel that she didn't drive to that area (either someone else drove or she was forced to drive there) of her own free will. It is not a direct route to any known acquaintance she might have and my thinking with the time of night/sub 40 degree temps/semi desolate area is she wouldn't willfully go there.

There's not that many 'Hells Angels' & similar local (or not) 'biker' gangs participating during this week? That's been the perception for so many yrs plus all kinds of trouble..Glad to hear it's not so bad now :)

We lived in NH for 16 years and still go up to the mountains once or twice a month for hiking and stuff -- there have been incidents during bike week, as there will be any time you get that many people camping in one spot and traveling on roads that were not designed for large crowds. But "all kinds of trouble" has been mostly too much beer and people pissing on other people's lawns and bikes making too much noise and stuff like that.

I mean, it's the kind of stuff that makes locals complain, not the kind of stuff that makes them stand in the door with their shotguns ready. So even if this had happened closer to Bike Week, I wouldn't think it had any connection.

was the damage in the front of the car? ..I feel that she didn't drive to that area (either someone else drove or she was forced to drive there) of her own free will. It is not a direct route to any known acquaintance she might have and my thinking with the time of night/sub 40 degree temps/semi desolate area is she wouldn't willfully go there.

Yes, the damage the NG caller and NG were pointing out was to the front of the car. It's not entirely consistent with being hit on purpose, but I suppose it could have happened if someone was trying to block her from driving away. I really don't feel like she was fleeing when she got to that point because there was too much deliberate action like putting the blinkers on, etc.

Then again...like others said, the damage could be old. The other car may tell the story.

it was quoted as "trace amounts"..

The fact that they are calling the blood "evidence" sounds to me like they feel like it's evidence of a crime, particularly if they are speaking openly about it, which the officer on NG said he couldn't do about mostly everything. I could be wrong.

I just watched the NG videos posted on the previous page, but the conversation with Perley is cut off and the second video is a duplicate of the first rather than the second half. I presume the caller who was talking about car damage was in the second half. Can anyone find that second half of that interview? TY!

Things I caught from the first piece:
1) LE doesn't know whether Krista was at Cranmore or only her vehicle.
2) The call to the parents was at 10:30, not 8:00 as previously mentioned, verified by Perley.
3) Krista was allegedly at her home in Portland during that call, but LE doesn't know if that is true or only what she said.
4) That call originated from her cell phone.
5) NG claims experts say the car would only run for four hours with the dome light on.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/maine-portland-dittmeyer-Conway-phone-records.html

Police in New Hampshire are analyzing the cellphone records of a Portland woman who went missing over the weekend.

~~snip~~

Police have executed three search warrants so far as part of their investigation into her disappearance. One was for Dittmeyer's Nissan Sentra, a second for another vehicle and the third for the phone records, Conway Police Lt. Christopher Perley said today.

Really need more information on who was, "scaring her"... Whoever made this point potentially has some much needed answers..
I'm really thinking she did not plan to go as far as this and a very possible scenario I'd that she was jarjacked/abducted/left somewhere from her home town and the perpetual left the car somewhere remote (and had the heart or was instructed to draw attention to the baby OR make the LE run around in circles by staging this distraction to give time to get as far away...

Something about the concept of a baby's patents splitting up and having to deal with the undeniable grief not only for themselves but for the baby, only to add a new girlfriend into the mix when its already an incredibly difficult situation.. Remembering the fact that Krista is barely out of her teen years (and assuming similar pressures and dispair, not to mmention possible anger and resentment felt by the dad, too)d the struggle it can be to juggle so many pressures at such a young age, I wonder if it was too much for either one them?
This applies to any new girlfriends/boyfriends too as jealousy can be incredibly powerful especially when the ex couple has such a concrete tie to eachother (baby) that remains regardless of their relationship status.

Have a nagging feeling whoever has been, "scaring" her not only is involved but knew her on a personal/emotional level and snapped, potentially luring her (either by threats, falsifying their identity or a combination of that and abduction (again, sparing the child)

...The baby has been spared and if one was to assume that this was done deliberately, does this not sound like a pootential personal/isolated attack of anger directed at Krista? Perhaps to take her out the picture?

I think back to so many cases where a person(s) has insecurities over what they perceive as a, "threat" and this has been the motive.. There are many scenarios where the jealousy can be triggered out of ones control for someone who has control issues or such and they snap and steal the baby (we all know how horrific those stories can get..) or attempts to eliminate their, "threat" whether its their ex, their ex's new partner, the mother, the baby/both etc..
To teach them a lesson or to stop them from moving on/replacing a parent/taking custody or filing a restraint .the list goes on...

Perley also said that her roommates DO know what time she left the house. I think where the video on CNN ends, Nancy was asking Lt. Perley if she had a land line at her home (Krista) and when he said he didn't have any idea, Nancy made a comment that it was strange that someone would use their cell phone to call the mother when she had a land line. I don't agree at all. I ONLY use my cell phone and the only reason we keep our landline is because we get it almost free AND I worry about 911 calls having to wait to ping from my cell, etc

the cell phone company records will reveal what tower the call went through narrowing her location at the time . The 10:30pm time of last call and the siting of her car in the parking lot really shrinks the time frame of her movements.

the cell phone company records will reveal what tower the call went through narrowing her location at the time . The 10:30pm time of last call and the siting of her car in the parking lot really shrinks the time frame of her movements.

I agree that the cell records will tell a lot, added to the fact that her roommates have probably filled in the timeline some as well. I hope they'll start sharing this info soon. there's not enough to "sleuth" on really and it sounds like there's quite a bit they know but aren't in the position to share just yet.

Perley also said that her roommates DO know what time she left the house. I think where the video on CNN ends, Nancy was asking Lt. Perley if she had a land line at her home (Krista) and when he said he didn't have any idea, Nancy made a comment that it was strange that someone would use their cell phone to call the mother when she had a land line. I don't agree at all. I ONLY use my cell phone and the only reason we keep our landline is because we get it almost free AND I worry about 911 calls having to wait to ping from my cell, etc

some people have all their quick dial numbers programmed just on the cell phones. Also with roommates, it can be a hassle using the house phone(others wanting to use it, third parties calling,etc.)

another question is "do the room mates know why she left the house"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member