GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would a conscientious mother wake a 14 mo old, put it in the car and drive 1 1/2 hours at that time of night? I don't know if this is normal behavior for her, but I find that very strange. Maybe that was what time she got off of her shift?

Please keep in mind that she had friends in the Conway area. She came here regularly to visit them.

Well we know she had friends there, but was it usual for her to go visit them at that early of an hour? Especially with the baby?

That's why I wish we knew for sure what her puroose was in being there. An overnight with a friend, and she was headed back? Heading to a friends for a day visit? Was she supposed to meet someone?

Just seems an odd time to take the baby and visit her friends down in Conway, early in a sat. Morning.

was she working that night and who was watching the child if she was?

Her phone records(cell and land line) may play a key role in this. Last contact at 8pm and then where? Was she in the car when the call was made or at home? If at home , what or who would make her leave with the baby? I'm thinking the car door being left ajar was done for the baby's sake , she was sleeping and the perp was afraid of waking her.

I agree that leaving the door slightly ajar was done for the baby's sake, but I think it was done so the interior light would stay on and so that someone approaching the vehicle would go to the driver door and hear/ see the baby. It is a natural response to want to look to see why the door is ajar in an unoccupied vehicle. MOO

Why would a conscientious mother wake a 14 mo old, put it in the car and drive 1 1/2 hours at that time of night? I don't know if this is normal behavior for her, but I find that very strange. Maybe that was what time she got off of her shift?

I'm coming in here late, but maybe her child woke up during the night and she was trying the old "car ride until they fall asleep" trick to get her back to sleep?

Well we know she had friends there, but was it usual for her to go visit them at that early of an hour? Especially with the baby?

That's why I wish we knew for sure what her puroose was in being there. An overnight with a friend, and she was headed back? Heading to a friends for a day visit? Was she supposed to meet someone?

Just seems an odd time to take the baby and visit her friends down in Conway, early in a sat. Morning.

I really wish we knew too.

FWIW she is young. It was the weekend. Perhaps she went to meet a love interest, or go to a party, baby fell asleep at the party or wherever she was and she packed up baby and left at a late time.

I do not find this unusual. My sister was the same age with a little one and used to do this kind of thing frequently.

post #59 mentions an article stating the car was observed in that parking spot for several hours. If that is so, all the theories about her driving in the early am are moot. The abduction/crime had most likely occurred between 8pm and midnight.

Do we have reason to believe that the baby was asleep at the time? At 14 months, my kids might be awake at any time of night if they were gassy, teething, had an earache, allergies or some other discomfort. Sometimes a ride in the car would actually put them back to sleep.

Krista could have been out of diapers, milk, or baby Tylenol and decided she had to put the baby in the car to run to the drugstore.

She may have been afraid to stay home for some reason, but it could have just as easily been one of those chaotic days that moms sometimes go through when they have to try to juggle work and home responsibilities.

MOO

post #59 mentions an article stating the car was observed in that parking spot for several hours. If that is so, all the theories about her driving in the early am are moot. The abduction/crime had most likely occurred between 8pm and midnight.
Wow! Guess the gas tank was nearly full when the car was left?
I wonder how much gas was left when it was found. If there was any gas receipt that might close in on a time the vehicle was left huh?
moo

I thought the NG interview with the local officer brought up an interesting point that there appears to be some body damage to Krista's car. I wonder if she was hit by the perp on the road and that's why she stopped?

Many of them are not from NH however Bike week in NH is not what people think. We have some pretty strict laws up here.

I know doctors/lawyers etc that get all dressed up for Bike week in their leathers and ride their harleys. I went once just to see what the hype was all about. Heck I have gone to County Fairs that were scarier than this :) and that was before all of the rules and laws were enacted for Bike week.

We have more highway deaths during this week than we do drug arrest because of it.

I can completely attest to this. I lived in NH for four years and have taken many drives through and to Conway..such a beautiful state to take a drive in. Conway is pretty laid back and biker week is not anything close to scary, so I feel bikers are completely unrelated. Also, yes...people, but to my amazement, being a city girl originally do NOT lock their doors...cars, house, or otherwise, and it always bothered me. Im just not that trusting, lol. I spend too much time on websleuths:crazy: to trust ANYONE.

Anyway, Maura's case has haunted me for reasons I do not (and cannot get into-TOS mainly) and this case reminds me so much of it. I'll be watching this one extra close, and hope that she is found safe!

Do we have reason to believe that the baby was asleep at the time? At 14 months, my kids might be awake at any time of night if they were gassy, teething, had an earache, allergies or some other discomfort. Sometimes a ride in the car would actually put them back to sleep.

Krista could have been out of diapers, milk, or baby Tylenol and decided she had to put the baby in the car to run to the drugstore.

She may have been afraid to stay home for some reason, but it could have just as easily been one of those chaotic days that moms sometimes go through when they have to try to juggle work and home responsibilities.

MOO

I understand what you are saying TGI, but I think they are now saying she was in Portland at home, because I read this morning the roommates told LE what time she left. Portland is a large city. If she needed anything she would have gotten it there. There is no reason to drive to Conway (an hour and a half away) unless someone called her to come, or she had arranged to meet some friends. Her mother lives in Bridgton, 23 miles away. The only reason to be in Conway was to see someone IMHO.

I thought the NG interview with the local officer brought up an interesting point that there appears to be some body damage to Krista's car. I wonder if she was hit by the perp on the road and that's why she stopped?

If she was hit by another vehicle, that might be another reason to leave the door ajar when she got out to check the damage. Maybe she felt like she might have to hurriedly get back in the car or wanted the baby to be able to hear her voice for reassurance while she was talking to the other driver.

I definitely think that she is the one who left the door ajar.

Not a moderator, but I wanted to warn you before you spend a lot of time on this. (Hopefully I'm allowed to do that.)

You won't be able to share information, websites, history, etc about a person (friends, baby daddy, etc) unless they are publicly named in the mainstream media.

You won't be able to share suspicions about them unless they are named a person of interest or suspect. That is basically the general rule.

Private messaging a moderator to see if you can share something is always an option as well (if you have the option to private message, I believe you need a certain number of posts first.)

I don't want you to go to a whole bunch of work only to find out you can't share what you found. Generally, if I find something like this I will finish it out, then save it for later, so I have it ready to go when the person is named.

Good luck. :seeya:

Thank you! I left her name out purposefully and hesitated to state what I found due to making assumptions on a person not of interest in the case :-) I appreciate your tactful approach to warning me though! I am all the wiser now! (Has links saved just in case) :-) <3

If she was hit by another vehicle, that might be another reason to leave the door ajar when she got out to check the damage. Maybe she felt like she might have to hurriedly get back in the car or wanted the baby to be able to hear her voice for reassurance while she was talking to the other driver.

I definitely think that she is the one who left the door ajar.

Yep. A mother would do that so that she didn't feel like she was really leaving her child alone.

I also wonder if they found any fake police lights in the other car. With all of the cases of perps impersonating police, and here in NC (not sure about NH) there are lots of unmarked police vehicles, I know that *I* get nervous about actually pulling over at night.

"This has clearly transitioned into a criminal investigation," said Conway Police Lt. Chris Perley. "She is a victim."

~~snip~~

But the investigation is still far from over.

&#8220;We&#8217;re still following up on leads,&#8221; Perley said, and police are waiting on forensic evidence State Police gathered at the scene.

~~snip~~

The investigation is a combined effort of the Conway Police Department, State Police and the Carroll County Attorney&#8217;s Office.

State Police was called in as a &#8220;manpower matter,&#8221; according to Perley, and because it has jurisdiction outside Conway. The county attorney was called in right away &#8220;because of the magnitude of the case,&#8221; he said.

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/node/461782

The more I think about it, the more I think she had to have known she was in some kind of trouble before she exited the vehicle or why would she have put her flashers on IN a parking lot? Maybe the side of the road, but in a parking lot? Not likely.

The more I think about it, the more I think she had to have known she was in some kind of trouble before she exited the vehicle or why would she have put her flashers on IN a parking lot? Maybe the side of the road, but in a parking lot? Not likely.

And why would a perp, intent upon taking her, leave the flashers on to draw attention? Flashers are meant to draw attention, the last thing most criminals are looking for IMHO. If he was ripping her out of the car don't you think he could have/would have reached in and shut the flashers off? If she were in trouble she would not have stopped at this place for help and the fact that the car was running when found rules out car trouble as a reason for the flashers IMO. If it were a car jacking, why didn't they take the car? Because of the baby? If so, this will be the first carjacking in Conway. Ever. And carjackings do not usually end in a disappearance of the driver.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ewreckk35