NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here interested in rereading the blog from beginning to end and reworking some theories?

I was reading it the other day, along with the comments. The more I thought about it, the more I agreed with one commenter's theory that the Thursday night at work phone call that made Maura so upset did not really exist, that it was just ruse to make the subsequent email about a family emergency seem more legit.

It got me to thinking. We focus so much on that weekend before she disappeared, but maybe that weekend really did not have that much to do with her decision to disappear.

You think? Well, it won't work.

Not disparaging James. I should clarify my earlier note for those who do not know — On April 1, JR made a post promising a major announcement at midnight. The next day he confessed that the post was simply a tactic to track the IP addresses of people who visited his blog that night, some of whom have been threatening him and his family.

Anyone here interested in rereading the blog from beginning to end and reworking some theories?

I was reading it the other day, along with the comments. The more I thought about it, the more I agreed with one commenter's theory that the Thursday night at work phone call that made Maura so upset did not really exist, that it was just ruse to make the subsequent email about a family emergency seem more legit.

It got me to thinking. We focus so much on that weekend before she disappeared, but maybe that weekend really did not have that much to do with her decision to disappear.

I've read his blog at least 12 times. Nothing worth noting there that hasn't been mentioned here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should have been a little more clear: I do not think there is anything he can do with his blog that will flush out Maura (if she is still alive).

I just wish there was more substance on his blog. There used to be a lot of good stuff on there.

I've read his blog at least 12 times. Nothing worth noting there that hasn't been mentioned here.

I was thinking more of a rework. The problem is that so much stuff gets "lost" in the boards over time.

Maybe Maura needs her own forum. Sub threads for facts, rumors, theories, timelines, maps, etc.

I'll help out.

I was thinking he is probably just looking for something out there.

I was rereading Renner's blog from when it first started a couple years ago. Man, it was so quality back then. Now it is just him trying to figure out who is trolling the blog.

I agree. I keep coming back to this statement by Fred:

"I dont know what the matter is, or the trouble you think you might be in, but it isnt anything we cant solve...It's me, you can tell me, we'll work it out until we solve it".

Clearly, something happened. This was right at the beginning, before Fred started on the whole "local dirtbag" theory. So, initially he thinks she might think she is trouble, but then later insists that the days before her disappearance "dont matter". There is a missing piece of the puzzle right there IMHO.

I agree. I keep coming back to this statement by Fred:

"I dont know what the matter is, or the trouble you think you might be in, but it isnt anything we cant solve...It's me, you can tell me, we'll work it out until we solve it".

Clearly, something happened. This was right at the beginning, before Fred started on the whole "local dirtbag" theory. So, initially he thinks she might think she is trouble, but then later insists that the days before her disappearance "dont matter". There is a missing piece of the puzzle right there IMHO.

Maura's sister Kathleen also said something very similar only days after the crash.

The family is lying: they know something specific about Maura's life that they think triggered her disappearance.

I am starting to think that whatever it was, was something that happened before that weekend, and that the whole "traumatic phone call at work" was a set-up by Maura to hide her disappearance for a while.

I want to know what James Renner would do if MM came out of the shadows and appeared on his door step. I think he'd **** a brick and then blow her secret.

I for one think she died that night or soon after. All her training could have gone down the drain if she was drunk reducing the chance of survival.

What would be so traumatic to cause voluntarily go missing? Pregnant, rape, incest, AIDS?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Hitting someone with a car. Hurting someone. A big crime. Blackmail. Fear of her father. The list goes on and on.

I wonder if something happened over winter break, or if she had an epiphany or something during that time.

I think she did. I wonder what happened over break. That would be worth looking into.

I know there was talks of getting engaged. I don't know it was over the holidays though. Engaged to be engaged so to speak. Maybe the pressure got to her if she was sleeping with her track coach.

I haven't posted on Maura's thread in a while. Her case and the Teleka Patrick case bear some similarities. Both women disappeared after their cars went off the road. In Teleka's case, scent dogs tracked her scent back to the road. In Maura's case, dogs tracked her scent away from her car and up the road as well. I think a lot of theories that say Maura could still be alive are dependent on the fact that dogs tracked her scent on the roadway instead of off into the woods.
Unfortunately,Teleka was found in a body of water away from the road, ie, nowhere near where the scent dogs tracked her. I think this could be possible for Maura too. I am open to the possibility that she is still alive but I have a stronger inclination that she probably perished and just hasn't been found.
Both women were having some emotional issues. Both were driving alone at night in areas they were not 100% familiar with. It was also cold out.
I really wish Maura Murray was alive, but I feel like she most likely met the same fate as Teleka.

Regarding the honeypot trap on JR's blog: In addition to the comments we've read, there could be comments that only JR saw because they were in the moderation queue and he never allowed them to be published. I had the impression that his family was threatened, after reading a post where he specifically referenced his family.

My feeling about the trolls is that anyone that would threaten someone's life probably knows secrets about MM and decided they despised JR enough that committing a felony was justified. It's also possible there are just nutjobs throwing **** and reason has nothing to do with it.

Regarding the honeypot trap on JR's blog: In addition to the comments we've read, there could be comments that only JR saw because they were in the moderation queue and he never allowed them to be published. I had the impression that his family was threatened, after reading a post where he specifically referenced his family.

My feeling about the trolls is that anyone that would threaten someone's life probably knows secrets about MM and decided they despised JR enough that committing a felony was justified. It's also possible there are just nutjobs throwing **** and reason has nothing to do with it.

Yeah he got like a letter or email with a picture of his kid playing in his front yard. That would creep me out.

I recently read through the entirety of JR's blog. It is it the beating heart of this investigation. James talks with actual sources and visits real locations, and obviously has the skills to detect and disclose new information without threatening the future of the investigation.

It's apparent to me that JR is or has recently wrapped up the "meat" of his planned investigation. Hopefully there will be continued disclosures on his site, but my impression is that he may well have more important information that we won't discover until the book comes out. That could be just rational strategy to make sure people want to get the book, or (and?) it could be that revealing that information right now could severely harm any further stage of the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member