NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I ever go missing Renner is the last guy I want looking into it. I've made some poor decisions in my 43 years (mostly in my teens and early 20s). Who wants that under a microscope, especially when it has nothing to do with the disappearance? And I certainly wouldn't want him coming after my loved ones simply because they wouldn't bow down and kiss his butt when he came in guns a blazin'. No thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I disappear, I either want Sarah Koenig or Payne Lindsay, please :)

The one thing that stuck with me from this first episode was that the town she went missing from has a lot of secrets or skeletons in their closets per the show and the town there believes she was abducted. It is important to keep the surrounding area town peoples opinions when thinking about a theory in my opinion. I never knew that part, I didn't know that all neighbors/town people think that she was abducted.

I also never knew that Maura's older sister was never interviewed by police before this oxygen series,crazy. How insufficient police in Aruba and again here in Maura's case...just shocking

I did catch that the sister did not mention the phone call where Maura was sobbing to her before she disappeared.
My boyfriend watched it with me and he does not know the amount I do from all the year on websleuths, etc. and he believes that she was abducted. He does know think she walked into the woods, or if around the crash site. He said why wouldn't they have found her by now, surely they would have found her body.

The episodes going forward seem to point to suggest that she may be alive (the previews). I do not believe this is the case.

I am leaning towards suicide or abduction.
I think Maura was going through a very hard time in her life (possible depressed) she may have felt that she disappointed her dad too much and too many times at that point in her life, nothing was going right in her life..she may have wanted to get away from it..whether a suicide was planned or not..the crash in the snow was not in the plans and whether she was abducted or decided to end it there something happened.
Will be interesting to watch these episodes..

Did anyone notice her younger brother calling him Fred instead of dad...I noticed it and thought it was very odd

I like how they tried to recreate the events with the timed events. It is huge that there is a hour difference. She could have done a lot in one hour.
Anyone has a theory why she got off at the exit?

Did anyone notice her younger brother calling him Fred instead of dad...I noticed it and thought it was very odd

I noticed that, too, though I don't know what the significance is. I don't know why I think this, but I think that all the kids may have called him "Fred." Maybe I've heard of Julie or Maura calling him Fred? I can't remember. Calling parents by first names was sort of in vogue among certain parents when I was a kid and some people I know also do it when talking about their parents even when they call their parents "mom" and "dad" to their faces, to avoid saying, "my dad, my dad, my dad" over and over. It was never something we did in my family, so I always find it jarring, but families differ.

I like how they tried to recreate the events with the timed events. It is huge that there is a hour difference. She could have done a lot in one hour.

I thought that was super-interesting, too. However, I had to wonder about whether Maura went slower because of the driving conditions and the time of day. It gets dark early in New England in February, so she was driving in the dark for a lot of the trip, if not most of it. So I think she could have been driving more slowly. Maybe there was an accident on I-91 that slowed traffic. Maybe she encountered more traffic heading out of the Amherst area at the time of day she left...add to that a stop to get gas and use the bathroom once or twice, and it's not that hard to account for an hour. Still, it did make me wonder, for sure!

I noticed that, too, though I don't know what the significance is. I don't know why I think this, but I think that all the kids may have called him "Fred." Maybe I've heard of Julie or Maura calling him Fred? I can't remember. Calling parents by first names was sort of in vogue among certain parents when I was a kid and some people I know also do it when talking about their parents even when they call their parents "mom" and "dad" to their faces, to avoid saying, "my dad, my dad, my dad" over and over. It was never something we did in my family, so I always find it jarring, but families differ.

I think if it was my friends calling my mom or dad by their first name, that's something I am used to. I personally and among my friends, would not call their parents by their first name, its a sign of disrespect as they are your mom or your dad. Just my own opinion on that. I wonder if he has a relationship with his dad, and if not perhaps he calls his dad by his first name.

I thought that was super-interesting, too. However, I had to wonder about whether Maura went slower because of the driving conditions and the time of day. It gets dark early in New England in February, so she was driving in the dark for a lot of the trip, if not most of it. So I think she could have been driving more slowly. Maybe there was an accident on I-91 that slowed traffic. Maybe she encountered more traffic heading out of the Amherst area at the time of day she left...add to that a stop to get gas and use the bathroom once or twice, and it's not that hard to account for an hour. Still, it did make me wonder, for sure!

Good point on perhaps she was driving slower and perhaps there was an accident or traffic :)

I noticed this too - very strange. IMO kids only do that when there is a negative childhood and dislike - i.e. Michael Jackson and all the Jackson siblings call their dad Joseph, and he was abusive to all of them.

I think she got off the exit for one or two reasons. Either she was lost or maybe she was looking for a gas station to use the restroom or fill up. A lot has been said about her car being a beater, in bad shape, but I wonder how much gas was in the tank.

Is there a report on how much gas was left in her gas tank in the car?? This might help us figure out if she got off at the exit for a gas station. But I think they mentioned it would be weird for her to get off at this exit for a gas station because it did not indicate on the highway that there was a gas station at this exit.

Is there a report on how much gas was left in her gas tank in the car?? This might help us figure out if she got off at the exit for a gas station. But I think they mentioned it would be weird for her to get off at this exit for a gas station because it did not indicate on the highway that there was a gas station at this exit.
I'm fairly certain it was indicated somehwere, either police report or the media, that the tank was near full, meaning she likely got gas recently.

I don't necessarily think much of the 1 hour discrepancy as reported on the show. She could have stopped for gas/food and also she was driving an old car with a bunch of booze in it. I don't think was driving fast under these circumstances.

I noticed this too - very strange. IMO kids only do that when there is a negative childhood and dislike - i.e. Michael Jackson and all the Jackson siblings call their dad Joseph, and he was abusive to all of them.

It is definitely not true that kids only do that when there's dislike/negative childhood. I have friends who were just taught to call their parents' that for whatever reason that made sense to the family at the time. What the case is in the Murray family is anyone's guess.

ETA: Armywife210 has pointed out that the brother is not Fred's child, so that explains it.

Maura's younger brother is not Fred's child.

Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is it weird? The four oldest kids belong to Fred. Laurie went on to have another kid that was not Fred's. The got divorced. It's not "ideal" but it happens.
The weirdest part about it was how I phrased it. Lol

I heard, and I can't be for sure where...that the reason she took the Exit 17 was because it did have 'services', , which made me think of a gas station or mini-mart of some kind.
I'm thinking it was on the oxygen channel series I watched last nite, when the FBI guy and that young lady were retracing her driving times.

I will just give my own baseless speculation. I fall back on the pregnancy angle.I know a lot of people don't agree.
It has been reported that Maura was known to have secretive relationships with men and not tell anyone. I think the upsetting phone call was about a positive pregnancy test. It could have happened at the New Years party for example. Between New Years and the day of the phone call is enough time to have a positive test IMO
I think she made plans to meet up with the father and make a decision about keeping it or not. I think she packed her room because she was undecided if she was coming back for classes or not.
I think she did get a room and maybe he (or someone else) registered the room. I think that is where the rest of the alcohol is. I think that could explain the timeline.
It could be that there was a disagreement and she left. He followed and after she crashed, he picked her up and subsequently got rid of her.

This is based on nothing. I know JR explored the NY party in his blog, but I am not going to name anyone. We are better than that here. It could have been any time and anyone.

I will ask if the red truck report was ever verified?

All JMO.

Steleheart I love your baseless speculation....lol

And of course a definate possibility.I have forgot much on the timelines etc. but does anyone know what direction Maura was heading on the Kancamagus???
Also what about this red truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member