NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched all the episodes. Still feel we aren't much closer at finding Maura than before the show. I don't have my hopes up for the rest of the series especially after watching the useless one on Natalie Holloway.

However, I do find it interesting that Cecil now says he was driving the SUV opposed to a sedan. It seemed like he was saying this more from a likelihood than a stated fact though. If he did drive the SUV, that would likely corroberate Witness A's claim of seeing 001 parked nose to nose. But what would that mean?

I still don't think Butch Atwood had anything to do with it. His wife would have ratted him out. There would have been more evidence. He would have had scratches on him, would have been huffing and puffing when police spoke to him as he's old, obese and in poor health.

I don't understand why Cecil wasn't pressed more in the interview. There should have been all sorts of follow up questions about the SUV. I also don't put much stock in Cecil's nervous behavior in the interview. I'd be nervous too even if I knew nothing and was innocent. I also think they edited the show to create suspense with the interview.

Still a mystery. Anything is possible. Thinking the succumbed to the elements in the woods is making a comeback.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I completely agree with you. The most important thing from this series so far to me is that it is a "criminal" investigation. I do believe they have a suspect or suspects in mind but may not have enough evidence for an arrest.
I think this is a strong possibility too. In many jurisdictions LE is very adamant about securing enough evidence to pursue a case. If they are 90% sure of a conviction they will move on with it but when the likelihood is lower, they may hold back until they are more confident.

Strezlin, maybe around 2007, threw out some number like they felt they were 75% sure they could bring changes to someone. However this was all a result of Fred taking on the state of NH in court to get access to documents for the investigation. Whether or not they are truly that confident, I don't know, but more or less they simply wanted to keep that information out of Fred's hands.

If I remember correctly one of the PIs working the case sort of led on that Rick Forcier was being looked at very closely by police. Obviously we don't have the full details here, so whether or not that is a dead end road, I'm not sure.

Whether or not there is a focus on one individual or numerous people, I'd like to think LE have someone in mind on their radar.

Way too late, I assume. But I would start visiting garages in the area and ask if anyone remembers damaged vehicles needing repair in the days after Maura's disappearance. Maura was wearing dark clothing, at night, while possibly walking along the highway.

I find myself thinking more and more about Mr112Dirtbag. I know he's apparently not a suspect, but there's just one thing that keeps me thinking - that ski resort ticket dated two days after she went missing, which he held onto for so long.

Why keep that ticket? Surely news of her going missing wouldn't have hit the news that fast to give him time to set up an elaborate prank for eight years later.

I'm not convinced by the 'golf course matching the face' theory, but I can't deny that MSpaint face drawing gives me the creeps. I showed it to my partner without telling him what it was, and it made him uneasy too.

I was so convinced that Natalee Halloway's case was going to be solved based on the Oxygen show previews and then it wasn't, so I hesitate to think the same with MM.

I've seen some comments of Maggie online the last few days, and she certainly is pushing that the answer the show comes up with is the only right one. IMHO, until remains are found, we'll never likely know. The implication is that someone who was deceased had something to do with her disappearance, and I don't think there's going to be a way to fully determine that.

I noticed that, too, though I don't know what the significance is. I don't know why I think this, but I think that all the kids may have called him "Fred." Maybe I've heard of Julie or Maura calling him Fred? I can't remember. Calling parents by first names was sort of in vogue among certain parents when I was a kid and some people I know also do it when talking about their parents even when they call their parents "mom" and "dad" to their faces, to avoid saying, "my dad, my dad, my dad" over and over. It was never something we did in my family, so I always find it jarring, but families differ.
Maura and her brother had the same mother, but different fathers, so Fred was not the youngest brother's dad. I'm sorry; I forget his name. I almost said Kyle, but I feel like that might not be it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I've seen some comments of Maggie online the last few days, and she certainly is pushing that the answer the show comes up with is the only right one. IMHO, until remains are found, we'll never likely know. The implication is that someone who was deceased had something to do with her disappearance, and I don't think there's going to be a way to fully determine that.

After watching episode 4 I think it's apparent the show isn't going to solve this case. However, if it gets the wheels turning and renews interest in both the public and LE that is a good thing and could certainly lead to new clues.

But until there are any new revelations it's simply a game of weighing scant evidence and odds and trying to come to a reasonable conclusion. I'd like to see the show do more, but I'm sure they have their constraints and hopefully in the end at the very least it can paint a clear picture of the events surrounding her disappearance and allow for more focus on actual plausible scenarios.

If this is in fact foul play with a deceased suspect, I think with enough clues we can at least gather enough information to get some closure. Even if the person cannot be prosecuted, any details surely would help the family.

Fred, to me, is a really genuine and sincere guy. I grew up in New England he reminds me a bit of my grandfather. I think above all he deserves some closure in his lifetime.

After watching episode 4 I think it's apparent the show isn't going to solve this case. However, if it gets the wheels turning and renews interest in both the public and LE that is a good thing and could certainly lead to new clues.

But until there are any new revelations it's simply a game of weighing scant evidence and odds and trying to come to a reasonable conclusion. I'd like to see the show do more, but I'm sure they have their constraints and hopefully in the end at the very least it can paint a clear picture of the events surrounding her disappearance and allow for more focus on actual plausible scenarios.

If this is in fact foul play with a deceased suspect, I think with enough clues we can at least gather enough information to get some closure. Even if the person cannot be prosecuted, any details surely would help the family.

Fred, to me, is a really genuine and sincere guy. I grew up in New England he reminds me a bit of my grandfather. I think above all he deserves some closure in his lifetime.

I think the purpose of the docuseries isn't necessarily to SOLVE the case but to provide a bit of course-correction and dispel a lot of the rumors and innuendo that have cropped up around it. Bring it back to square one which, sometimes, is necessary when mythology replaces reality. In that regard, they've been doing a bang-up job. As a primer on the case, it works exceptionally well.

There will not be a "solving the case" until Maura surfaces willingly or unwillingly, or her remains are found. But I'm glad the Tv series is drawing attention to her case. Her family desperately needs answers.

I watched 4 episodes on YouTube and numbers 5&6 don't seem to be there! I like the investigation so far.

I watched 4 episodes on YouTube and 5&6 don't seem to be there! I like the investigation so far.

I watched 4 episodes on YouTube and numbers 5&6 don't seem to be there! I like the investigation so far.

I do too. I'm impressed she's been able to get people to agree to interviews.

I've watched online too and so far only four episodes are up.

I do too. I'm impressed she's been able to get people to agree to interviews.

I've watched online too and so far only four episodes are up.

I think the reason she was able to get all these interviews is due to Art Roderick and his connections.

I watched 4 episodes on YouTube and 5&6 don't seem to be there! I like the investigation so far.
I believe there's only 4 episodes thus far with new episodes on Saturday evening on Oxygen.

This show has really disappointed me, mainly because of Maggie and Art. They were on a FB Live tonight and basically said that internet sleuths need to stop with conspiracy theories, that they fully believe the police etc. All this while their big reveal in the last episode is coming from a man who started researching this case online, befriended the family, and has kept the case going for the last 13 years with no involvement from the police.

I'm not saying the police should be releasing information, as I understand why they protect things. I just don't think they hosts need to be preaching out against conspiracies... especially when they spent 2 full episodes devoted to James Renner's "theories" which were not based on facts.

They were on a FB Live tonight and basically said that internet sleuths need to stop with conspiracy theories
They're right. As we talked about earlier in this discussion, it's ruining cases.

I just don't think they hosts need to be preaching out against conspiracies...
I think sites need to preach against it more often.

especially when they spent 2 full episodes devoted to James Renner's "theories" which were not based on facts.
Yeah they're trying to have it both ways. They know some people are getting sick of it so they cater to them.....but then also cater to those who love the conspiracy talk.

Okay, this just occurred to me reading M. Freling's twitter. What if Maura hit her head during the crash (hence the windshield damage) and some passer-by picked her up. She had a head injury with gradual onset of symptoms (confusion, unconsciousness, it happens), causing her to pass out and die while in the custody of the passer by. What is the possibility of the p/b hiding her body? Maybe they do this because of some mistrust of police etc? This would make some sense if p/b had no idea of her head injury and perhaps some kind of criminal record. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro