NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The above video is a new commentary from Fred. This video has changed my perspective on many things. I think this is the Fred people have been wanting to see more of.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I just came here to post this as well. Hopefully this puts to rest the questions about Fred and his motives. To me, the video very clearly shows a father in distress over 11 years later, still desperate to find his missing daughter. It also sounds like he doesn't know much more than everyone else, and that he hasn't received any significant information from the police. He also seems to still believe that it was an abduction of some sort, though he was not naive about her possibly drinking and walking from the car to avoid getting in trouble.

I found it very telling that he lists in specific order to first e-mail them with any information, then contact the FBI, and lastly the NH State Police.

I watched the new video on Unsolved.com and definitely saw a distressed father still looking for answers about his missing daughter.

People elsewhere still insist he is somehow involved but if he is, Fred Murray deserves an Oscars for his performance. That is a pained father if I've ever seen one. If anything, the only thing he's guilty of is trying to preserve a wholesome image of his daughter. In the end, most parents would do the same.

I wish nothing more than for that man to get some closure before he takes his last breath.

I just wish there was some way for the surrounding wilderness to be searched for human remains. We all know how cases sit for years and years unsolved until some hunter or hiker stumbles across some remains. I think this is the case here - just a matter of remains having not been found.

Pop in to check periodically always hoping for her to be found. Like nyc pointed out, usually hunters or hikers will find someone and I hope that happens. Otherwise I suspect foul play, esp since the dogs tracked her scent no farther than the road which makes me feel she was picked up.

I'm really surprised that people are so impressed with his statement on Unsolved. What did he say that he didn't say back in 2004 or in various news articles?

* he was distressed then and he's distressed now
* he blamed law enforcement then, and he blames them now
* people in these various Maura Murray threads and elsewhere have questioned the rag in the muffler, he didn't address that.
* people don't believe the $4,000.00, 8 ATM transactions, looking for a new car and he didn't address any of that. He could've explained why he went to 8 ATM's rather than write a check or go into a bank, he could've named the car dealership.
* people have claimed Maura had an eating disorder he could've confirmed or denied that
* he could've explained her mood/affect the night they had dinner with Kate M.
* What information is Kate M or Sara withholding.
* Why did Maura go to his hotel after the party instead of going back to the dorm.
* He didn't address any of Maura's illegal activities ( cc fraud / identity theft )
* He didn't address if the boxes in Maura's room were packed or hadn't yet been unpacked
* He didn't address if there was an email from Billy on top of the boxes alluding to his affairs and if any trouble existed in their relationship.
* People in these threads and elsewhere have questioned why it took him 2 years to be interviewed and why he had lawyers present and he didn't address that.

The only real difference that I see between this video and videos from 2004 is the year of the video. Unfortunately being distressed and clearly grieving doesn't answer questions.

I don't think Fred is guilty or had anything to do with Maura's disappearance, but I do think he has information that might shed light on why Maura left.

I have not done much research into this case as it is like Amy Bradley - brings out the crazy theories.

To me what we have here is a girl who was under pressure and had made some mistakes in her life. For whatever reason she decides to get away from it all for a while - quite possibly given her history drinking and driving en route. She has an accident, panics and then simply runs off into the night (drunk, slightly drunk - straight - it matters not). She was adept at running and at cross country so it seems reasonably logical, maybe she thought she could survive for 12-15 hours while the booze breaks down then later she could come out feigning a head injury or something cause of the airbag and saying all the boxes of wine/booze etc broke cause of the accident..

She runs out into the woods and basically is out of her depth and just gets hypothermic and dies..I think she panicked and that panic cost her her life (and agree with most - her remains are likely to be close to where the car was).

Also just to add I don't know anything about her father but to me he always seemed like he wanted to find her.

I'm really surprised that people are so impressed with his statement on Unsolved. What did he say that he didn't say back in 2004 or in various news articles?

* people in these various Maura Murray threads and elsewhere have questioned the rag in the muffler, he didn't address that.
* people don't believe the $4,000.00, 8 ATM transactions, looking for a new car and he didn't address any of that. He could've explained why he went to 8 ATM's rather than write a check or go into a bank, he could've named the car dealership.
* people have claimed Maura had an eating disorder he could've confirmed or denied that
* Why did Maura go to his hotel after the party instead of going back to the dorm.
* He didn't address any of Maura's illegal activities ( cc fraud / identity theft )
* He didn't address if the boxes in Maura's room were packed or hadn't yet been unpacked
* He didn't address if there was an email from Billy on top of the boxes alluding to his affairs and if any trouble existed in their relationship.
* People in these threads and elsewhere have questioned why it took him 2 years to be interviewed and why he had lawyers present and he didn't address that.

The only real difference that I see between this video and videos from 2004 is the year of the video. Unfortunately being distressed and clearly grieving doesn't answer questions.

I don't think Fred is guilty or had anything to do with Maura's disappearance, but I do think he has information that might shed light on why Maura left.
You're right, he didn't, but, unlike before, he addresses us and admits that she was probably drinking that night. He also expands on why he thinks that the past doesn't matter, which has always frustrated me. That video just really made me understand him a bit better.

He's trying to find his daughter, not defend himself (or her) against a bunch of trash talking and conspiracy theories on a forum. Some things don't deserve being addressed in a public video that's just trying to keep the case fresh in people's minds.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20151221/NEWS03/151229850
Additionally, Kibby's defense team wants Smukler to provide it with more information about jailhouse informants who might have been offered consideration by the state in exchange for testimony about Kibby, as well the 250 pages of redacted materials the state had previously provided.

Young has said that the redactions were part of "a separate, independent case" against Kibby.

IMHO, I doubt Kibby was responsible, but still... :thinking:

I just wish there was some way for the surrounding wilderness to be searched for human remains. We all know how cases sit for years and years unsolved until some hunter or hiker stumbles across some remains. I think this is the case here - just a matter of remains having not been found.

If Maura remains are in the surrounding wilderness, the question is how far is she?

[video=youtube;ezcgPAptbIk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezcgPAptbIk[/video]
This video was posted on James Renner's blog. This is the Ammonoosuc River during the Ice Flow, it happens every year at the start of mud season, sometime in March. It would get rid of any evidence in it's way.

You have to listen to the above podcast that just came out. This man has been with Fred and working the case with the family for 11 years. So much I didn't know.

You have to listen to the above podcast that just came out. This man has been with Fred and working the case with the family for 11 years. So much I didn't know.

I haven't listened to this one yet, but from the past episode(s) that included him I got the feeling he was really playing up his connection to the family as more than it actually was. Didn't seem like the real deal to me. I'll give it a listen though.

I haven't listened to this one yet, but from the past episode(s) that included him I got the feeling he was really playing up his connection to the family as more than it actually was. Didn't seem like the real deal to me. I'll give it a listen though.
He said he just spent the past weekend with Fred, but maybe he is. It just taught me a few things I didn't know. Like Maura's car was towed to the tow guys personal garage and sat there for four days until Fred came. It also started and ran even with the airbags deployed. The car was unlocked. They had a accident reenactment and were told she didn't hit a tree. The cop made Fred remove the rag in the tire, which was an old hospital rag that Fred kept in the trunk when he used to own the car.

Does anybody know where Maura's car is as of 2015? Has it been scrapped since or sold for pieces? I can't imagine a car sitting at the NH state police barracks for 11 and a half years.

It was actually just sitting there until earlier this year. Apparently it is gone, now, though I don't think that's been confirmed yet.

Thanks James, would love to know whatever happened to Maura's car since. Apparently someone could afford keeping it in a garage or somewhere untouched for all these years.

I certainly hope some storage arrangements are made. It's kind of an odd dilemma - surely the car has been checked thoroughly but being an unsolved case one would think they would continue to preserve it.

At this point I wouldn't think any thing left in the car has any value as new evidence, but you never know. But the key to discovering Maura's fate, imo, probably is not going to come from an item per say but rather an individual.

Having finished listening to all the podcasts, I'm wondering if former policeman James Conrad was trying to point the finger in the direction of Chief of Police Jeff Williams or Sgt. Cecil Smith? And what about the towing guy (whose name escapes me at the moment), who had Maura's car in his personal garage at home for 4 days? Not saying they did anything, but Episodes 19 and 20 raises a lot of questions concerning all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper