NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how many of you are familiar with The 3 Missing Women case from Springfield, Mo (Hi U2 Forever). But there are several people who believe the 3 missing women are buried in cement in a parking garage of a hospital in Springfield that was supposedly under construction. Was there any construction going on near where Maura went missing? The fact that it's been mentioned they there were POI's with connections to construction and concrete companies near where Maura went missing is somewhat telling. I wonder how much they were investigated?

I don't know how many of you are familiar with The 3 Missing Women case from Springfield, Mo (Hi U2 Forever). But there are several people who believe the 3 missing women are buried in cement in a parking garage of a hospital in Springfield that was supposedly under construction. Was there any construction going on near where Maura went missing? The fact that it's been mentioned they there were POI's with connections to construction and concrete companies near where Maura went missing is somewhat telling. I wonder how much they were investigated?

In all fairness, the people calling for the parking garage in the Springfield 3 case to be dug up are doing so based on nothing more than the premonition of an anonymous internet “psychic.” In other words, it’s an urban legend.

In Maura’s case, though, this guy’s name has a way of continuing to turn up. Like I said, there *are* suspects and they need to be looked at again with fresh eyes. Too much time has been wasted already with conspiracy theories and Canadian goose chases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all fairness, the people calling for the parking garage in the Springfield 3 case to be dug up are doing so based on nothing more than the premonition of an anonymous internet “psychic.” In other words, it’s an urban legend.
Absolutely. Pure garbage.

It amazes me to see people who have supposedly thoroughly researched that case continually bring it up as if its some vital piece of evidence that will solve the case when all it was is a figment of one person's imagination.

Stuff like that ruins cases. This has been debunked so many times yet it doesn't stop people from mentioning it.

Most theories have some serial killer burying them at the garage.

Running in circles that don't exist.

No, the truck just sort of lurked alongside her, as if the driver were sizing her up.

Can you please provide a link to a main stream media article about this?

In Maura’s case, though, this guy’s name has a way of continuing to turn up. Like I said, there *are* suspects and they need to be looked at again with fresh eyes. Too much time has been wasted already with conspiracy theories and Canadian goose chases.

I am lauding all your posts, this is exactly the solid thinking that is needed. You are right on the money regarding all the theories that have run amok: they have wasted precious time. I have spent a few days reading the r/mauramurray threads on Reddit and they are rampant with the conspiracy/goose chase talk. It’s maddening. 9.9 times out of 10 when something happens to a person, it’s usually the simplest explanation, not the most fantastical and complicated.

I am lauding all your posts, this is exactly the solid thinking that is needed. You are right on the money regarding all the theories that have run amok: they have wasted precious time. I have spent a few days reading the r/mauramurray threads on Reddit and they are rampant with the conspiracy/goose chase talk. It’s maddening. 9.9 times out of 10 when something happens to a person, it’s usually the simplest explanation, not the most fantastical and complicated.

Thank you. And sadly, the simplest explanation for the disappearance of an attractive and vulnerable young woman walking down the road is foul play. I’d put that ahead of death by misadventure, even, because it happens so often.

As I always say, once Maura was separated from her car, there is nothing to distinguish her from the scores of women who are picked up and killed while out walking. We don’t know how far she made it on foot, though at least one witness puts it as a matter of miles, and that she was alone. It hardly stretches the bounds of credulity to think she may have met her end at the hands of an opportunistic predator and to scoff at the very idea is to insult the reality that women have to live with literally every day.

Can you please provide a link to a main stream media article about this?

I’d have to dig but I know that this witness has spoken to police as well as Clint Harting and if I’m not mistaken, she is quoted in the Boston Magazine article a few years back.

Just watched tonight's show... just disgusted. After 13 years, we're suddenly now being told a different police vehicle was used than the one in all the reports? Now the one that Witness A says she saw is the one they used... okay. So then why did they tell her way back in 2004 that she was wrong and that car was not there?

Just watched tonight's show... just disgusted. After 13 years, we're suddenly now being told a different police vehicle was used than the one in all the reports? Now the one that Witness A says she saw is the one they used... okay. So then why did they tell her way back in 2004 that she was wrong and that car was not there?

I agree, completely floored by this revelation. Also, HIGHLY suspect that oh yes the chiefs SUV was there (contrary to what we’ve been saying for 13 years) but the chief wasn’t driving his vehicle. Yeah, sounds right...

Yep; of course, the show won't call him on it, but so far all I'm seeing online is people fed up with the lies. For 13 years they've said Smith was driving the sedan. I have heard that the chief was sent off it in earlier after the car he was driving went into the ditch. So now they're going to say what? That none of that happened? That the police report had the wrong vehicle? The neighbors all saw the wrong vehicle? The only person who was right was Witness A, who they for some reason acted as if was lying for 13 years, but now they're going to say -oops we were all wrong, and she was right.

Come on.

Cecil was really quick to explain "why" he was using the SUV that night without even being questioned why. They only asked him about the rumors of 001 and witness A.

And the main problem is, this witness, who claims the 001 police SUV was there, is implying that the chief of police was 1st on the scene and did 'something bad' to Maura, and all the other cops are covering it up.

Well, what about all of the other witnesses who saw and spoke to Maura after the accident? Is the school bus driver lying? And the other neighbor that saw her walking away from her car?

And the main problem is, this witness, who claims the 001 police SUV was there, is implying that the chief of police was 1st on the scene and did 'something bad' to Maura, and all the other cops are covering it up.
Oh great.....more fuel for a hogwash cop conspiracy theory.

snafu hit the nail on the head....

It’s maddening. 9.9 times out of 10 when something happens to a person, it’s usually the simplest explanation, not the most fantastical and complicated.

It’s maddening. 9.9 times out of 10 when something happens to a person, it’s usually the simplest explanation, not the most fantastical and complicated.

What is, in your opinion, the simplest explanation?

Well, what about all of the other witnesses who saw and spoke to Maura after the accident? Is the school bus driver lying? And the other neighbor that saw her walking away from her car?

By sheer chance the chain of events from that night allowed her to somehow slip away undetected. With that said, none of the witnesses were particularly paying close attention here. Regardless, there was a window of opportunity, albeit a small one, for several scenarios to unfold here.

There's nothing that's been produced thus far that makes me believe in any sort of police conspiracy, but after 13 years one has to begin to wonder if perhaps something out of the ordinary has happened here.

A lot of people dismiss this with the same simple explanation that she died out in the woods accidentally, but certainly at some point you have consider the possibility that her body hasn't been found because the action of another person or persons is the reason behind that.

Oh great.....more fuel for a hogwash cop conspiracy theory.

I actually think the cops had nothing to do with it. I do, however, think that they are very worried about public perception, and have therefore changed some aspects of the story after the fact to try and eliminate questions.

Case being- the state police officer who didn't originally write a report and then was told later on he needed to.

To anyone suggesting a police conspiracy: these guys are on camera, talking. Clearly they don’t want to be there (especially Cecil) but there they are, in this big, public venue that they know will be do them no good in the eyes of those who’ve already made up their paranoid minds.

The truth is, the only person saying they saw that vehicle where she did, when she did, is Karen McNamara. The Westmans, Atwoods, Marrottes, and first responders make no mention of it. Either they’re all wrong and she’s right, or her timing is off. My guess? John Smith decided the police were involved because he’s still angry at them for firing him and he found someone else willing to play along. I’d bet anything that McNamara has her own reasons. That she’s so terrified of local police but willing to put her mug on camera and talk about it after hiding behind this mysterious “Witness A” moniker makes me think she’s not quite right.

Was the initial investigation botched? Unquestionably. The police should have searched east, where Rick Forcier later saw someone matching Maura’s description jogging alongside Rt 112 and trying to avoid being seen. But that’s about the extent of it.

All this other stuff is starting to sound like the JFK assassination. Are any of y’all familiar with some of the weirder elements of the Dealey Plaza timeline stuff? All this noise is akin to the “badge man” story: literal jumping at shadows.

Oh, and one other thing: Atty Strelzin repeatedly used the words “ongoing criminal investigation” and was present at both John Monaghan and Cecil Smith’s interviews. Why? To make sure they didn’t say anything that would compromise the investigation!

He also mentioned that grand jury proceedings were done. For those unfamiliar, you generally don’t empanel a grand jury unless you’re looking seriously to file charges.

Forgetting all the other stuff - the Renners and John Smiths, the Witness A’s and idle online speculation - look at the timeline of bureaucracy and you’ll see a stymied legal system waiting to amass enough evidence to bring a case against a person or persons (at the moment unknown) for a crime. That’s not nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members