NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry about that , I normally just send a link and it plays ...I have it on my Overcast podcast player on my iphone ( which I can't link).It hasn't appeared on Apple yet , I'll give it a little while then try later...

I've been following this case for a while; to my mind there are two likely scenarios:

1 - after crashing, Maura knew the police would attend and also knew that there was alcohol in her car and that she'd been drinking, so she hid in the nearby woods, to avoid the police. But then people were looking for her so she moved further into the woods and ultimately perished due to hypothermia.

2 - Maura knew she wouldn't be able to drive her car after it crashed, so she accepted a lift from someone and came to harm at their hands.

Just my own opinions.

I've been following this case for a while; to my mind there are two likely scenarios:

1 - after crashing, Maura knew the police would attend and also knew that there was alcohol in her car and that she'd been drinking, so she hid in the nearby woods, to avoid the police. But then people were looking for her so she moved further into the woods and ultimately perished due to hypothermia.

2 - Maura knew she wouldn't be able to drive her car after it crashed, so she accepted a lift from someone and came to harm at their hands.

Just my own opinions.
I think those are reasonable scenarios- I am leaning towards she took a ride from a bad person and came to harm.

I think those are reasonable scenarios- I am leaning towards she took a ride from a bad person and came to harm.

It just remains so strange that they did not find a body...... There was extensive searching over these years.
That is why I also lean towards a bad person
But where oh where.

It just remains so strange that they did not find a body...... There was extensive searching over these years.
That is why I also lean towards a bad person
But where oh where.
It is very easy to miss stuff in forests especially mountain forests. Here in CO it would be painstakingly hard to search every inch, nook, and cranny of an area of forest especially in the mountains. There are crevices in the ground from fallen tree roots, drop offs, ravines from snow melt run off, etc. I assume it would be the same in NH. A body can be hidden in the forest for years and that's if you know where to look. Where does one begin to look for MM because who knows how far she got into the woods or where she went into them. JMO

It is very easy to miss stuff in forests especially mountain forests. Here in CO it would be painstakingly hard to search every inch, nook, and cranny of an area of forest especially in the mountains. There are crevices in the ground from fallen tree roots, drop offs, ravines from snow melt run off, etc. I assume it would be the same in NH. A body can be hidden in the forest for years and that's if you know where to look. Where does one begin to look for MM because who knows how far she got into the woods or where she went into them. JMO

I have thought about this over and over, trust me.
And there are massive differences in terrains across the country, and beyond.

The thing about the Upper New England states is that they are really small, and mostly rural. Locals, hunters, wardens, snowmobilers KNOW their own towns and exactly how they are terrained and bordered. Even on dirt hunting trails, the town lines are well marked in the woods.

Now after this spiel, your words remain true. So her body could be under any natural hiding space.... but as I stated, I am "leaning" towards bad person.. Not convinced!!!

I don't lean one way or the other anymore. Good reasons for both outcomes. Just throwing out a reason why she might not have been found in a forest. Not trying to convince or change minds.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herr_indoors
Back