NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they ever check the records of local body shops after she disappeared. When dogs lose a scent like that I wonder if she had been hit walking and thrown into a car?

This has always been a puzzling case to me as well. Unfortunately, I think something did happen to Maura; but with some events and her bizarre behavior before the accident, I believe it may have thrown LE on a track of a runaway person instead. So sad.

Some details were important. I had been led to believe that she had been crying hysterically right after the phone call and then packed up her stuff and left. Turns out the crying was long after the phone call, and her stuff may not have been UNpacked after break.

The mystery phone call received by her boyfriend is very haunting.

And the extent of the damage to her car is different than what I had seen before.

I didn't realize that either about the crying being long after the phone call.

I do remember that one of her friends from the dorm or someone mentioned that she had never really unpacked her stuff after the Winter break, but unfortunately that was only mentioned in maybe one article a couple of mths after the disappearance and kind of got lost in the details.

CARP! My reply got deleted while trying to post...

IMHO a big rush to judgement by LE and others in this case. I got slammed more than a few times on here for my opinion. Just because someone wanted to go away by themselves for a weekend or even a week does not mean they wanted to disappear. I use to go away by myself in college a lot, with all those people around 24/7 and the pressure I had to get some me time to destress. If I had gone missing I guess LE would have just assumed I wanted to disappear also. :mad:

I couldn't agree with you more. Something is definately fishy. The AG's office is playing stupid too. Everybody is passing the buck. I have seen this once before and it is because everyone has their fingers in the pie. Meanwhile...another day goes by.

I definitely think something/someone happened to Maura. My guess is she needed some time away to sort some things out and was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I wonder if she was pregnant.. That may explain needing some time away and the reason for the tears that night.

Haven't checked websleuths in a while.........Maura is always on my mind, but life' demands have prevented me from fulfilling my desire to stay active online. Therefore, upon checking in, it raised my spirits to see that some of you have *recently* expressed your concerns for.

I checked in today because it is the 52nd month milestone of her missing.......so long for so many broken hearts - too long!

Always praying for answers.

Haven't checked websleuths in a while.........Maura is always on my mind, but life' demands have prevented me from fulfilling my desire to stay active online. Therefore, upon checking in, it raised my spirits to see that some of you have *recently* expressed your concerns for.

I checked in today because it is the 52nd month milestone of her missing.......so long for so many broken hearts - too long!

That is an awful long time to have a loved one missing and not know a thing.
Did her dad ever get those records that he went to court for? It does sound like she was having some troubles and wanted to be by herself.

That is an awful long time to have a loved one missing and not know a thing.
Did her dad ever get those records that he went to court for? It does sound like she was having some troubles and wanted to be by herself.

Hi Bobbisangel, great to see that you are still reading and posting about Maura. Thank you!

Fred took his case for the public records all the way to the Supreme Court of NH. The court ordered that he be given a copy of the police report and of the Grafton County Police Log calls which covered the evening Maura went missing a few subsequent days. He was also granted a *very few* notes which had a great deal of redacted (blacked out) information. Other than being able to confirm the time of the accident (which was very important to Fred and others who are looking for Maura), the released information did not reveal any new info...... I apologize that I don't have time to find the links, but if you do a news search, you should be able to find the newspaper reports regarding the findings of the NH Supreme Court. Also, the judge said his ruling was based on the fact that the NH Attorney General's office swore that the odds were very high of them being able to prosecute in Maura's missing..........in other words, they acknowledged that they have a suspect, or evidence that she has been harmed, but not enough to prosecute, and that to make public their findings thus far would jeopardize their prosecution.

Fred hopes that this is true, but fears that it is just a ruse to prevent him from obtaining information that he could have pi's use in helping to determine what has happened to Maura.

All of us that know Maura agree with you that she must have wanted some time to be alone. We theorize her taking time off of school was in order to choose whether she should continue her education at UMass or make a life changing decision: move to OK to be with her boyfriend and change schools, or contemplate quitting school for a time school to work in order to pay for the damages she caused to her father's car (she was fearful that his insurance did not cover her as a driver - Fred had told her that he did not know if she was covered because he had listed on the policy only himself as a driver) or perhaps to decide to continue on in her education at UMass - what we do not believe is that she ran away, went away for some sinister reason or that she went away to take her own life.

SILLY, SILLY, me :confused:

What can I say, but as I stated in the original post life seems to be very demanding.

Today, I had been thinking more of Maura than usual; saw the date was the 4th and quickly made the post.......actually, Maura won't be missing for 52 months until the 9th. The 4th of May was her birthday!

..........SILLY, SILLY, me!

Also, the judge said his ruling was based on the fact that the NH Attorney General's office swore that the odds were very high of them being able to prosecute in Maura's missing..........in other words, they acknowledged that they have a suspect, or evidence that she has been harmed, but not enough to prosecute, and that to make public their findings thus far would jeopardize their prosecution.

Fred hopes that this is true, but fears that it is just a ruse to prevent him from obtaining information that he could have pi's use in helping to determine what has happened to Maura.

I'd hope that the Attny General wouldn't actively try and prevent a parent from finding their child. I have to say that i find it frustrating that a PARENT shouldn't be informed about what there is to know about what happened to their kid.

At first, I believed Maura walked away for a time, but too much time has passed and I believe she must no longer be with us. She'd not have left her parents tortured for so long.

I do not know what to think anymore, but I think all the neighbors near wherehecr was found should be questioned again. Too much time has passed to not know something.

Although she later concentrated on track, she could have starred in other sports as well, Zamagni said. "She was incredible — a great athlete," he said.
Sorry, I can't help myself -
Remember how many of us picked up on the same sort of past tense used by Scott Peterson?
Anyone else here wonder about this statement?

One thing thats always stuck in my mind about disappearances/murders is that 95% of the time (not sure if that % is accurate) the victim know their killer.

DS:angel:

98% of all statistics are made up on the spot. :rolleyes: I'm just kidding. I do know the percentage is high thought...

After reading the story, I don't know what to think. I think Maura was probably picked up by someone that night. Hopefully the sightings are true and she really is alive somewhere...

Like someone said above, I wonder if someone hit her with their car and then panicked and got rid of the body *shudder*. I kind of doubt that a serial killer or stalker or whatever just happened along the exact same time she was out of the car. Didn't she call AAA? Did they show up, or was it the cops who came by first?

i didn't know maura but honestly, not one single day goes by that i don't wonder where she is!! i hope this will be the year we find out what happened to her!!

I'd hope that the Attny General wouldn't actively try and prevent a parent from finding their child. I have to say that i find it frustrating that a PARENT shouldn't be informed about what there is to know about what happened to their kid...snip

Ah, but unfortunately there are people in high places that are concerned with nothing more than covering their butts or making a name for themselves at the expense of justice. We had Nifong here in NC. :mad:

i didn't know maura but honestly, not one single day goes by that i don't wonder where she is!! i hope this will be the year we find out what happened to her!!

Me too texasgirl.
I think about her every single day.

Like someone said above, I wonder if someone hit her with their car and then panicked and got rid of the body *shudder*. I kind of doubt that a serial killer or stalker or whatever just happened along the exact same time she was out of the car. Didn't she call AAA? Did they show up, or was it the cops who came by first?

I agree that this is a likely scenario - wasn't there a young woman who disappeared while biking and it turned out that some folks had been drinking and driving and hit her and disposed of the body- rachel someone??

We as a group hear alot of stories about folks who are kidnapped but I believe its more likely that Maura met with an accident of some sort - I'll also consider that in her altered state that she somehow perished on her own, falling in the woods or freezing.

I agree that this is a likely scenario - wasn't there a young woman who disappeared while biking and it turned out that some folks had been drinking and driving and hit her and disposed of the body- rachel someone??

We as a group hear alot of stories about folks who are kidnapped but I believe its more likely that Maura met with an accident of some sort - I'll also consider that in her altered state that she somehow perished on her own, falling in the woods or freezing.

I think you might be talking about Jill Behrman. That was in Indiana and she was a missing person for 3 years I think before her body was found. So, that's how well they hid her. It was still considered unsolved for awhile until someone who had shared a cell with one of the suspects, in jail for something unrelated, ratted him out and then eventually the others who were in the car at the time turned on each other.

So, if that's what happened, there's still a chance that guilt or revenge between the people involved could bring the truth forward someday.

edited to add - that in Jill's case I think more searches were done and there was more publicity, public help, etc...a lot more than what I've seen w/ Maura's case...so I'm sure that helped things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member