NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the show last night. Puzzling to say the least. I am from MA. near Umass actually, so it was a reminder for me. I had forgotten all about this.

I am torn on this case.

Apart of me thinks she ran off due to all the pressures in her life.
But another part of me says someone kidnapped her and killed her.

The bus driver ... he had to have seen something!

Mr. Murray just breaks my heart - he reminds me of my own father (Boston accent included).

The NH police bungled this one from the first day - I really hope the Cold Case unit can rectify the errors and give Mr. Murray some answers. I will be following this case closely.

Her "Disappeared" episode left out a few things - the rag in the tailpipe, for example. The neighbor who thought she saw a man in the car. Similarities to Brianna Maitland's case. I was surprised they didn't offer more - I feel like I know more about this case than what was revealed in the episode.

I was surprised, too, that they didn't mention the rag in the tailpipe.
I pray everyday that Mr. Murray gets some answers.

It sure doesn't seem that Maura is alive. Otherwise she'd have been in contact, I am sure.

Is it possible a trucker picked her up where the dog lost her scent?
Can LE sit and watch cars that regularly travel that road and questions the drivers? It's just been soooooo long. LE seemed to make a lot of mistakes in this case.

There had to be footprints in the snow, tire tracks, etc.

Tonight sometime between 7 pm and 7:30 pm ( February 9, 2010 ) Maura Murray will have been missing for 6 years.

Her family knows no more about her missing now than when they first learned she was gone.

Please join me in prayer for answers to this mystery and for comfort of her family and friends.

Tonight sometime between 7 pm and 7:30 pm ( February 9, 2010 ) Maura Murray will have been missing for 6 years.

Her family knows no more about her missing now than when they first learned she was gone.

Please join me in prayer for answers to this mystery and for comfort of her family and friends.

My prayers went out to Mauras family tonight. I actually read this thread from start to finish today. It seems that it has been so long and new information will be hard to come by. It is all so sad.

My prayers went out to Mauras family tonight. I actually read this thread from start to finish today. It seems that it has been so long and new information will be hard to come by. It is all so sad.

I believe this was one of the first cases I read from start to finish as well. It's also one of the ones that has stayed with me and that I think about often. Welcome to Websleuths, by the way...

Does anyone know if the Bus Driver that reported the accident was ever investigated?

"Tests are being performed on possible new evidence in the mysterious disappearance six years ago of University of Massachusetts nursing student Maura Murray in Haverhill, according to Lt. James White, head of the New Hampshire State Police Major Crime Unit. Tuesday will mark the sixth anniversary of the day Murray vanished in the North Country after crashing her car on remote and winding Route 112 during a snowstorm shortly before 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 9, 2004.

Some time in the last two weeks, police received new information in the case, White said, though he declined to say exactly what it is.
This case is very much active." he said.

As a result of the new leads, White said, police collected items that are now in the process of being tested.

Union Leader...Nancy West 2/7/1
Article not online

is this true? is there some sort of info after 6 years and if so, what can it be? why won't they say, in case someone can fill in some pieces? this must drive this poor family even further into despair, unless they are being kept informed now...

I am torn on this case.

Apart of me thinks she ran off due to all the pressures in her life.
But another part of me says someone kidnapped her and killed her.

The bus driver ... he had to have seen something!

I just watched Maura's case on Disappeared last night, and I agree...the bus driver had to have seen more.

This case haunts me, it is one of my top ones that I would love to see solved.
My initial instincts was that Maura ran away from all the pressure of life...I have wished many of times I could do the same.
But as time goes on I am more and more unsure.
One thing I know: I have NEVER, NEVER suspected the school bus driver of anything improper. He called or had his wife call 911 (can't remember) and the dog tracks ended somewhere near his property...wouldn't they have followed a scent all the way to the school bus? Why would he bother calling 9-11 at all if he had something to do with this?
Everyone says school bus driver HAD to have seen something...well what about the people who initially called 911, SBD's neighbors...
Why didn't THEY hear/see something if we expect sbd to have done the same?

One thing I know: I have NEVER, NEVER suspected the school bus driver of anything improper. He called or had his wife call 911 (can't remember) and the dog tracks ended somewhere near his property...wouldn't they have followed a scent all the way to the school bus? Why would he bother calling 9-11 at all if he had something to do with this?
Everyone says school bus driver HAD to have seen something...well what about the people who initially called 911, SBD's neighbors...
Why didn't THEY hear/see something if we expect sbd to have done the same?

Because he actually stopped to talk to her. He was more inclined to see something or a car go by than others in their houses who didn't talk to Maura or see her.

We can all have our own theories and questions. That's what makes Websleuths so great.

This is my first post so I hope I get this right. After watching Disappeared my thoughts went to the woman who saw her at the gas station with a man in his 60's. What if she was abducted. I've been searching doenetwork.org and have found 2 women that resemble Maura. I'm just not sure where to post the links.

By Steven Dodrill
February 8, 2010
As the 6th anniversary of Maura's disappearance passes on Tuesday, her heartbroken family and friends will continue to look for answers.

Over the past six years, there's been very few new details released by investigators about the disappearance, but an article published in the New Hampshire Union Leader on Sunday states that tests are being performed on possible new evidence.

It's not clear what that evidence is.

Maura's family did not learn about the latest developments from State Police, instead, the family found out from a Union Leader reporter, who called to seek comment from the family.

complete article at
http://www.959watd.com/news.php?Han...ill-surrounds-Maura-Murray-disappearance-2928

By Steven Dodrill
February 8, 2010
As the 6th anniversary of Maura's disappearance passes on Tuesday, her heartbroken family and friends will continue to look for answers.

Over the past six years, there's been very few new details released by investigators about the disappearance, but an article published in the New Hampshire Union Leader on Sunday states that tests are being performed on possible new evidence.

Maura's family did not learn about the latest developments from State Police, instead, the family found out from a Union Leader reporter, who called to seek comment from the family.

complete article at
http://www.959watd.com/news.php?Han...ill-surrounds-Maura-Murray-disappearance-2928

By Steven Dodrill
February 8, 2010

complete article at

Well, if "it" is being tested, it's forensic. That suggests fingerprints, DNA, human remains, etc., or they've gone back to the car or the items therein and found something. But the article says that work is based on new "leads." Wow. Wonder what?

Let's hope this case is going somewhere now.

could they trace that call to the bf cell? maybe not since it was voicemail right.
actually they did trace it to a calling card, so did they have the location?

I just read atler died last year. also read aaa confirmed no call in that accident, in recking her dads car the aaa report is attached to the police report. im sure everyone has followed this but topix has a very loonnngggg thread that people have followed for years.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/franconia-nh/TA6ONN0DQJ5QQL428/p35

i also read in an article that the mesage on bf phone was deleted?was it and if so why? how did they trace the calling card to red cross? i would like any info anyone has concerning this call.thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member