Found Deceased NH - Vincenzo Lirosi, 22, UNH student, missing after night with friends, Durham, 4 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sadly, I must agree with you all. That pond/river nearby is where they should be focused I’m disheartened to say.

I know many of us here at WS tend to lean towards the water being a strong potential location of missing people (mostly men, and mostly after alcohol consumption). We’ve seen it too many times so sadly I must say.

Sometimes I see questioning of why this has been occurring so frequently. I don’t think there is any true “new culprit” to have this ending. I live in a small, small town. I know of at least a handful of men (some my very close friends) that at one time made a dumb move and ended with a DWI. Some lost their license, and my friend simply chose to not get it again. We get together often for darts, football, or just a bonfire. Most enjoy a beer or two. My friends walk home. A very short distance but there’s been a time when I’ve walked them home (we all live within blocks of each other) and there’s been times we’ve had to stop so they can “relieve” themselves “insert my eye roll here, however I get it”. If waters nearby they don’t think twice about going to the edge and in fact it’s very natural for them to gravitate to it. In fact once at a late night outing that none of us were familiar with the grounds, my friends teenage son had to do so and we directed him towards a very small stream because it was on the side and “private”. Then my friend went after he did. Well my friend was a hair away from falling In because he totally misjudged the bank being straight along it when in fact one portion of it completely cut off and water was up to that level. No one could see it and he certainly wasn’t going to shine a light to see. So I can definitely see this happening.

It feels like the “crime sleuth” community is the only group that has put these pieces together to realize how easy and unsuspecting the danger is. I know for fact I am so much more aware and always preaching to my friends about the danger now that I’ve seen all these loss of lives. Before that, I too would have not realized the great potential. I think with this knowledge we should seek a way to make this much greater knowledge and awareness. Enough so that people know if their friend says they are “going to take a leak” someone is aware and preaches the danger of a water source. I just don’t know how to get the word out there. Trust everyone in my circle does now, and I always hope they take the awareness away but we need such a greater awareness in the world..

Sorry so long but I see these young lives lost as totally preventable occurrences. We preach stranger danger, and “drug awareness”, etc etc this needs to be a recognized hazard of equal bearing.

Sadly, I must agree with you all. That pond/river nearby is where they should be focused I’m disheartened to say.

I know many of us here at WS tend to lean towards the water being a strong potential location of missing people (mostly men, and mostly after alcohol consumption). We’ve seen it too many times so sadly I must say.

Sometimes I see questioning of why this has been occurring so frequently. I don’t think there is any true “new culprit” to have this ending. I live in a small, small town. I know of at least a handful of men (some my very close friends) that at one time made a dumb move and ended with a DWI. Some lost their license, and my friend simply chose to not get it again. We get together often for darts, football, or just a bonfire. Most enjoy a beer or two. My friends walk home. A very short distance but there’s been a time when I’ve walked them home (we all live within blocks of each other) and there’s been times we’ve had to stop so they can “relieve” themselves “insert my eye roll here, however I get it”. If waters nearby they don’t think twice about going to the edge and in fact it’s very natural for them to gravitate to it. In fact once at a late night outing that none of us were familiar with the grounds, my friends teenage son had to do so and we directed him towards a very small stream because it was on the side and “private”. Then my friend went after he did. Well my friend was a hair away from falling In because he totally misjudged the bank being straight along it when in fact one portion of it completely cut off and water was up to that level. No one could see it and he certainly wasn’t going to shine a light to see. So I can definitely see this happening.

It feels like the “crime sleuth” community is the only group that has put these pieces together to realize how easy and unsuspecting the danger is. I know for fact I am so much more aware and always preaching to my friends about the danger now that I’ve seen all these loss of lives. Before that, I too would have not realized the great potential. I think with this knowledge we should seek a way to make this much greater knowledge and awareness. Enough so that people know if their friend says they are “going to take a leak” someone is aware and preaches the danger of a water source. I just don’t know how to get the word out there. Trust everyone in my circle does now, and I always hope they take the awareness away but we need such a greater awareness in the world..

Sorry so long but I see these young lives lost as totally preventable occurrences. We preach stranger danger, and “drug awareness”, etc etc this needs to be a recognized hazard of equal bearing.
I'm a guy (and I enjoy alcohol) and never understood the attraction of relieving oneself into a waterway.... maybe because I like to fish and love the look of crystal clear New England water, but still, I never saw the appeal. Hopefully he made a new friend and crashed at his or her house...but I'm not optimistic

Last edited:
Absolutely.. it’s a devastating and tragic phenomena, happens to very young children and intoxicated men all too often :( I tell my male loved ones NOT to walk home alone from the bar!
I too hold a bit of hope that he went with someone and will turn up soon.
I’d like to know why someone reported him missing at 3am? Roommate, girlfriend?

Last edited:
Would be helpful to know what direction he was coming from. Based on the Beards Brook search, I'm assuming he was around Coe Drive, cutting through the woods to get onto Woodman Ave, but it hasn't been said where he was coming from.

Absolutely.. it’s a devastating and tragic phenomena, happens to very young children and intoxicated men all too often :( I tell my male loved ones NOT to walk home alone from the bar!
Problem is, if he was heavily intoxicated he could have taken off in the wrong direction and be anywhere. That's why it would really help to know where he was last seen. He could have headed to Rt 4, and mistaken it for Woodman Dr and walked into a more heavily forested area wandering around.

This say's he was reported missing at 3am and was last seen at 1-1:30am. Does he live at home with parents? Seems someone thought something was wrong right off the bat. IMO
I dont think he lived with parents.
9 Woodman Rd is in a student housing complex area---it is all students or employees it seems.

Maybe his room mate or girlfriend knew he was drinking and was worried when he never made it back home?

I totally agree with you. I have 2 older brothers and 3 male cousins. We did a lot of hiking and camping, even as young adults.

When sitting around the campfire, drinking beer, smoking some green, my bros would inevitability go take a leak. But they would always be lured all the way to the water to do so. And late at night, after a few beers or more, it was kind of dangerous. We had to go looking after lost boys a few times.

I don't know what exactly happens but there is a vulnerability that can kick in. It is in the stance and also with the pants be8ing in awkward position sometimes and person leaning in towards the water from the crotch area---MAKES ONE OFF BALANCE and leaning in to the body of water. It doesn't take much to send them into the drink.

He was drinking with friends and left to go to a Frat party. He got into a fight at the party (friends say unlike him and his first fight) and was kicked out. His ID was in parking lot and phone was left at Frat house. When he didn’t show up at his place they went looking for him through the woods thru to Jackson landing.

Durham police searching for missing UNH student

He was drinking with friends and left to go to a Frat party. He got into a fight at the party (friends say unlike him and his first fight) and was kicked out. His ID was in parking lot and phone was left at Frat house. When he didn’t show up at his place they went looking for him through the woods thru to Jackson landing.

Durham police searching for missing UNH student

Ugh. Being kicked out of a bar or party also seems to always be a common dominator in these cases with missing men.

Hmmm, that fight is also concerning. I hope he didn’t get knocked around too bad and become even more disoriented from hits to the head. These cases of young men are always so hopeless. It rarely ever turns out good. Come on Vinny, please make it home soon!

I have a terrible feeling someone is lying. The area isn’t that big. They started looking right away. They have used K-9 unit and helicopter. I really hope I am wrong but even alcohol would have worn off, if he just passed out or something. I wonder how bad the fight was.

I wonder if they searched that Frat House. And surrounding it. (If they felt they had cause they would have. Wondering if they did not trying to tell them what to do. )

It has been getting a little cold and then warming during day. I was now looking on Google and realizing they did not say which direction he was coming through. The other post is right in that the woods along highway more dense. I don’t think that’s the path they mean though. It seemed the one more through town when they mentioned JL. That is a lot of water there. I think that will be the major concern. Praying.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back