Found Deceased NI - Noah Donohoe, 14, North Belfast, 21 June 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Commenting on this to read what people think after a pal from NI spoke about it in a group chat. Any NI peeps here?

Strange case, weird stories. Something odd afoot?

There are some terrible rumours circulating here in Belfast and police are repeatedly asking for it to stop. If course it's unhelpful and hurtful yo the family. Unfortunately they would be very easy to partially believe. The whole case is as odd as it can be. I hope the PM gives some answers. I find the recent attacks on teens in the area too much of a coincidence. As mentioned in a prev article a lone teen was left with numerous stitches to a head wound and had his belongings stolen. There is a grey area between sightings of Noah on his bike having a fall then being seen naked. It's been said he discarded his clothes and belongings but is it possible they were taken from him. A head injury could well be to blame for what ultimately happened but perhaps not as a result of that witnessed fall. All just MOO. There are still so many unanswered questions

No, not a stroke in a child as young as he. I worked mostly with blunt trauma to the head, like going through a windshield, or being hit in the head with a baseball bat or driven ball. Or falling off a bicycle, but usually the child did not have a helmet on.
If he was having a stroke, usually there is one sided weakness and visual disturbances and vomiting and he would become progressively more lethargic. Those are the most common symptoms, I would be surprised that he could balance and ride a bicycle if he was in the middle of having a stroke, though.
All that is to say that I am stymied as to what may have precipitated his behavior.

My daughter was 13 when she suffered an ischemic Stroke. Thankfully, she was at home at the time. She didn't vomit, didn't report any visual disturbance but, she did feel very, very hot though and stripped off to her underwear.

Did Noah have Sickle cell disease I wonder? Sickle cell is one of the causes of Stroke in children ... as is the Chickenpox virus,

Attachments

• 62144735-DDAE-4A8F-8E9E-EAF437CB8B97.png
    62144735-DDAE-4A8F-8E9E-EAF437CB8B97.png
    518.6 KB · Views: 333
  • 7AE5AA74-2F84-4296-A76B-033A1155840C.png
    7AE5AA74-2F84-4296-A76B-033A1155840C.png
    758.7 KB · Views: 381
  • 48A5CBF9-EFAD-49EF-A8D1-C098E6ADB46A.png
    48A5CBF9-EFAD-49EF-A8D1-C098E6ADB46A.png
    526.9 KB · Views: 387
  • 63453F18-EBE7-4E56-9700-6467F6B3969A.png
    63453F18-EBE7-4E56-9700-6467F6B3969A.png
    588.5 KB · Views: 336
Some good images here of the system being searched. Looks like these entrances can be accessed by just lifting away the solid iron covering.

https://twitter.com/niallcarsonpa/status/1276910988617449472?s=21

Interesting pics. The solid coverings are just like typical manholes. They're heavy and would be hard to get a grip to lift without some kind of tool. The drain workers have like a long steel pole to hook into them. The other iron grill looks far too easy to access. Surely that grill cover would be padlocked to prevent access otherwise its very dangerous?

Interesting pics. The solid coverings are just like typical manholes. They're heavy and would be hard to get a grip to lift without some kind of tool. The drain workers have like a long steel pole to hook into them. The other iron grill looks far too easy to access. Surely that grill cover would be padlocked to prevent access otherwise its very dangerous?
I’d be curious to know the exact location of the last two photos.

If he was in a hypothermic state he may have got enough strength from adrenaline to lift a drain cover.

I’m not believing any rumours as it’s plausible he may have had a hypothermic episode and went into the drains of his own accord. My first post on this thread was asking about water.

The PSNI don’t want a vigil as we’re living with a pandemic and mass gatherings are not allowed. That’s it.

If he was in a hypothermic state he may have got enough strength from adrenaline to lift a drain cover.

I’m not believing any rumours as it’s plausible he may have had a hypothermic episode and went into the drains of his own accord. My first post on this thread was asking about water.

The PSNI don’t want a vigil as we’re living with a pandemic and mass gatherings are not allowed. That’s it.

Respectfully Ironside, I don’t believe that’s it. Police have had no issue with mass volunteer searches and people appearing at the hub to offer food, water and supplies or journalists gathering up until now. We have had violent clashes here in recent days. I think their concern reaches beyond Covid transmission. JMO.

The later photo of the iron grill style cover looks more plausible to access if it wasn't locked. Or could a slight teen boy fit through the space between bars at the side?

There are vicious rumours but I do believe he likely entered the drain of his own accord. The question that bothers me is why. We may never know what happened to lead to that point.

There have been mass gatherings all week searching. A vigil crowd could be huge and police don't need the added hassle of dealing with that and any potential trouble. They need time and space to investigate.

Respectfully Ironside, I don’t believe that’s it. Police have had no issue with mass volunteer searches and people appearing at the hub to offer food, water and supplies or journalists gathering up until now. We have had violent clashes here in recent days. I think their concern reaches beyond Covid transmission. JMO.

Totally agree. It's a flashpoint area and opposing sides are bickering. Hopefully most people will stay away

Just logged on. My heart is hurting.....this is beyond heartbreaking. I started to cry reading this dreadful news. Such a young intelligent lovely talented boy, I can't believe it. How can his mom possibly endure this grief, her only child who she loved so much. My heart goes out to her. May Fiona have every comfort and support possible. Rest in peace beautiful Noah.

Just logged on. My heart is hurting.....this is beyond heartbreaking. I started to cry reading this dreadful news. Such a young intelligent lovely talented boy, I can't believe it. How can his mom possibly endure this grief, her only child who she loved so much. My heart goes out to her. May Fiona have every comfort and support possible. Rest in peace beautiful Noah.

Me too. My heart hurts and I hugged my boys tight. They've both been asking about Noah every day. I'm glad he's been found but the outcome is horrific

Oh gosh, what a dismal looking place to go into. Poor lad and his poor mother
I tweeted the guy who took them. He said, in relation to the last pic, the gate was unlocked but far too heavy for a child to open. He also said "unusual circumstances". Picture taken at Northwood park. Been following thread from the start. First time posting however

Last edited:
I tweeted the guy who took them. He said, in relation to the last pic, the gate was unlocked but far too heavy for a child to open. He also said "unusual circumstances". Picture taken at Northview park. Been following thread from the start. First time posting however

Good first post! Thanks Grace, interesting to know. Unlikely to be the point Noah entered the system then.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back