Found Deceased NI - Noah Donohoe, 14, North Belfast, 21 June 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The wording of this article is atrocious in places but I think it is important to highlight that some people have felt uneasy enough to contact the Ombudsman.

I'm not at all convinced by what he is saying. Does he have a personal grudge against the PSNI, or does he just fancy himself as an investigative journalist? To counter some of the points he makes in his article:

I regularly see the police announcing that they suspect there has been no "foul play" in a death, well before an autopsy has been carried out.

I don't ever remember a case, even the high profile ones we are all familiar with, where police have acquired warrants to search properties in the area. The police would have asked for a search warrant, and got one, where there was good reason to suspect a particular property. He is naive if he thinks that they can be used across a whole residential area. And you'd better believe he'd be the first one complaining about it in his blog if it was his property being searched under a wide-area warrant.

Can the police demand that householders hand over their CCTV footage? I doubt it, but perhaps NI has laws that allow this.

I see that comments are not being allowed on his article.

Last edited:
I'm not at all convinced by what he is saying. Does he have a personal grudge against the PSNI, or does he just fancy himself as an investigative journalist? To counter some of the points he makes in his article:

I regularly see the police announcing that they suspect there has been no "foul play" in a death, well before an autopsy has been carried out.

I don't ever remember a case, even the high profile ones we are all familiar with, where police have acquired warrants to search properties in the area. The police would have asked for a search warrant, and got one, where there was good reason to suspect a particular property. He is naive if he thinks that they can be used across a whole residential area. And you'd better believe he'd be the first one complaining about it in his blog if it was his property being searched under a wide-area warrant.

Can the police demand that householders hand over their CCTV footage. I doubt it, but perhaps NI has laws that allow this.

I see that comments are not being allowed on his article.

I think your points are all valid Normal Norm. I have questions and concerns about the case, but in as far as what you have raised above re searching without warrant and the wording of foul play vs evidence of foul play prior to autopsy, I would agree.

I think that article jumps to a lot of conclusions. I don't remember reading or hearing anything about the public not helping PSNI. People were opening their gardens and shed to let the community officers search, for goodness sake. There was huge community support and help. They weren't saying they had to get warrants to get cooperation from the public, so I think he's making a rather broad stroke, there. And I totally agree, @Normal Norm , he would be having kittens if they wanted to search his house without a warrant, if he happened to live along the way.

I will wait for any autopsy results that are revealed (and I think they will be) and come to my conclusions about Noah's tragic death then. We just don't have enough information to have any idea of what happened, imo.

I only watched bits of the funeral. It was too heartbreaking. I wish his mum and his family and his community much grace and comfort. He was a much loved young man who left too soon.

The wording of this article is atrocious in places but I think it is important to highlight that some people have felt uneasy enough to contact the Ombudsman.

Yes Stella, my eyebrows raised a few times reading through what he put in his letter to Police Ombudsman.

I believe it does highlight that people are feeling uneasy and would like some answers for peace of mind if nothing else.

It's certainly one case, we have looked at over the years, that has given us very little clues at what could have happened to that lovely boy.

It truly is bizarre.

I just hope Noah's Mum has had enough answers and not left with any doubt of how he passed.

Karen Crooks, who found Noah’s bike at the front of her property, discusses how she had never been close to the storm drain until this happened.

“My wee youngest one turned to me and said “mummy, I went through those bars but it’s okay, I didn’t go down the tunnel.”

Report: P.Devlin@SundayWorld

Attachments

• 07AFDDCE-C434-468A-88D9-6ED451244FA7.png
    07AFDDCE-C434-468A-88D9-6ED451244FA7.png
    474.6 KB · Views: 84
  • D21F34EF-EA00-4229-A76A-5AD81C1D3D40.png
    D21F34EF-EA00-4229-A76A-5AD81C1D3D40.png
    646.2 KB · Views: 86
"I now have locked my back garden gate and will not allow my children out into the area of the river and the drain, which our family see as part of our garden.

"My boys love going up and playing up there. They have now lost that. The bigger picture is to ensure their safety."

Woman's heartache after finding Noah Donohoe's bike outside her home

Karen also mentions having a photo of her child sitting on the drain during lockdown in the article below

Calls for storm drain safety after Noah Donohoe tragedy
http://www.irishnews.com/news/north...ain-safety-after-noah-donohoe-tragedy-1990106

https://twitter.com/sharedireland/status/1279701704498466817?s=21

“Post mortem results have been shared with the Donohoe family who have requested that their privacy is respected.”

Anyone any thoughts on this? I can understand family wanting privacy and autopsy results are very personal but they have a lawyer and investigation continuing. I would have that if the much talked about suspected head injury showed up as very severe and consistent with a bike fall it might have put an end to a lot of the speculation. Especially if there were no other obvious injuries that couldn't be attributed to his fall or known journey.

Anyone any thoughts on this? I can understand family wanting privacy and autopsy results are very personal but they have a lawyer and investigation continuing. I would have that if the much talked about suspected head injury showed up as very severe and consistent with a bike fall it might have put an end to a lot of the speculation. Especially if there were no other obvious injuries that couldn't be attributed to his fall or known journey.

I guess that regardless of autopsy results, Noah’s family may still have other concerns about the handling of the investigation which are separate from the report?

I guess that regardless of autopsy results, Noah’s family may still have other concerns about the handling of the investigation which are separate from the report?

I would say so and with continued speculation and questioning by journalists and public I would hope further details will come out over time. My oldest boy's new bike is arriving this week. I dread letting him out on it with Noah so fresh in my mind

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back