Nicole Kidman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

I think she should place blame where blame is due. Say what you will about Scientology, NK made a choice to move to Australia - what are her kids supposed to feel? I beleive Scientology would have had a far less effect on their relationship if she had been living in the same city at least, imo...

If my mother moved to another country and expected me to schlepp across the ocean all the time to visit, I wouldn't think she has my best interests at heart. Plus constantly being on movie sets, on location. How many movies has NK done since she and TC split?

I think it's a little late to start pointing fingers at Tom. A good look in the mirror would not hurt for NK, imo....

I think she should place blame where blame is due. Say what you will about Scientology, NK made a choice to move to Australia - what are her kids supposed to feel? I beleive Scientology would have had a far less effect on their relationship if she had been living in the same city at least, imo...

If my mother moved to another country and expected me to schlepp across the ocean all the time to visit, I wouldn't think she has my best interests at heart. Plus constantly being on movie sets, on location. How many movies has NK done since she and TC split?

I think it's a little late to start pointing fingers at Tom. A good look in the mirror would not hurt for NK, imo....

Without knowing what NK was strongarmed into by Tom, I cannot conclude much. I am so suspicious of Scientology's reach into these things. People on the boards with a lot of personal experience (family members, etc.) have convinced me Scientology has a sinister aspect. I am not so sure she lives in Australia all the time, does she? Now there is a home in Nashville, no? Doesn't she have a place to hang her hat in LA too? I see what you mean but I'm not so sure in this case that distance was definitive. I do think it was Tom. I am sorry for her because he must have had something "on her" or over her - some way of threatening her and I think rather than fight it, she is trying to make the best of it. Who knows what stupid thing she may have signed when she married him?

Eve

P.S. How many movies has Tom done since they split?

I totally disagree.

Nicole has always had a home in Australia, even when she was married to Tom. She got that home in the divorce. She also, however, has a home in Nashville and spends a lot of time there, so I don't think it's a fair statement to say she has chosen to put half a world in between her and her kids. As for movie sets, Tom and Katie are on location a lot as well, taking Suri and sometimes the other kids with them. Tom and Nic always brought their kids with them as well. It's a lifestyle they are accustomed to, as are many celebrity children. I don't think it's fair to admonish Nic for it and not attribute blame to Tom and Katie as well.

NK made a choice to move to Australia - what are her kids supposed to feel?

She did not move to another country. She is working on film that has her in Australia for 6-8 months. She splits the majority of her time between LA and Nashville where she owns homes. Her film is supposed to wrap in October and she will back in the States then.

Without knowing what NK was strongarmed into by Tom, I cannot conclude much. I am so suspicious of Scientology's reach into these things. People on the boards with a lot of personal experience (family members, etc.) have convinced me Scientology has a sinister aspect. I am not so sure she lives in Australia all the time, does she? Now there is a home in Nashville, no? Doesn't she have a place to hang her hat in LA too? I see what you mean but I'm not so sure in this case that distance was definitive. I do think it was Tom. I am sorry for her because he must have had something "on her" or over her - some way of threatening her and I think rather than fight it, she is trying to make the best of it. Who knows what stupid thing she may have signed when she married him?

Eve

P.S. How many movies has Tom done since they split?
NK is not a shrinking violet nobody, she is a famous, rich actress with piles of clout of her own. How could TC "strongarm" her? There are laws regarding divorce and custody. I'm not rich and famous, but if I was divorced, and shared custody of my children with my ex, I would live in the same neighborhood or at least nearby, so I can be in their lives consistently. Choosing to live here and there and away from my children, imo, that is not conducive to buildng close bonds with the kids. No wonder scientology has been able to gain a hold on them. It appears to me that she has put her own career aspirations ahead of her relationship with her kids, imo. As a mother, I would not do that.

What good is a home in Nashville if the kids are in LA? Same continent, big deal. A place in LA to hang her hat? Great, she can catch dinner with the kids when she's in town. This just is not the parenting role I would take, and I don't see any evidence that it has happened against her will.

I haven't commented on TC and his movie-making record or anything else because this is not the "Tom Cruise" thread, the title of this thread is "Nicole Kidman" and that is who I am commenting on.

moo

NK is not a shrinking violet nobody, she is a famous, rich actress with piles of clout of her own. How could TC "strongarm" her? There are laws regarding divorce and custody. I'm not rich and famous, but if I was divorced, and shared custody of my children with my ex, I would live in the same neighborhood or at least nearby, so I can be in their lives consistently. Choosing to live here and there and away from my children, imo, that is not conducive to buildng close bonds with the kids. No wonder scientology has been able to gain a hold on them. It appears to me that she has put her own career aspirations ahead of her relationship with her kids, imo. As a mother, I would not do that.

What good is a home in Nashville if the kids are in LA? Same continent, big deal. A place in LA to hang her hat? Great, she can catch dinner with the kids when she's in town. This just is not the parenting role I would take, and I don't see any evidence that it has happened against her will.

I haven't commented on TC and his movie-making record or anything else because this is not the "Tom Cruise" thread, the title of this thread is "Nicole Kidman" and that is who I am commenting on.

moo

How could he strongarm her? With a prenup she probably stupidly signed, or a divorce settlement in which he prevailed. I think if you ever do go through the Cruise or Scientology threads you may become skeptical that it is as simple as her just being a "shrinking violet." Why does Katie allow Tom to control everything? I don't see how we can talk about this without talking about Tom! As a divorced mom myself I know first hand how difficult it can be to weigh the children's best interests against your own needs and those demands of a controlling ex. Sometimes the fight is not worth it for the kids' sake. I'm sure she could have/should have fought harder but we do not know what pressure he brought to bear upon her. Maybe she did something stupid at one time. Some of us do. It sounds like she does have a home in LA, btw, as I was sure she would. I highly doubt Tom has ever put his career aspirations on the shelf, either. I stick with my original opinion that Tom is the jerk in this - Nic may have been too hurt, passive and maybe naive or even foolish legally, but I do not believe she doesn't love those kids and grieves that she seems to have such restricted time with them. Those restrictions flow from Tom, imo.

Eve

How could he strongarm her? With a prenup she probably stupidly signed, or a divorce settlement in which he prevailed. I think if you ever do go through the Cruise or Scientology threads you may become skeptical that it is as simple as her just being a "shrinking violet." Why does Katie allow Tom to control everything? I don't see how we can talk about this without talking about Tom! As a divorced mom myself I know first hand how difficult it can be to weigh the children's best interests against your own needs and those demands of a controlling ex. Sometimes the fight is not worth it for the kids' sake. I'm sure she could have/should have fought harder but we do not know what pressure he brought to bear upon her. Maybe she did something stupid at one time. Some of us do. It sounds like she does have a home in LA, btw, as I was sure she would. I highly doubt Tom has ever put his career aspirations on the shelf, either. I stick with my original opinion that Tom is the jerk in this - Nic may have been too hurt, passive and maybe naive or even foolish legally, but I do not believe she doesn't love those kids and grieves that she seems to have such restricted time with them. Those restrictions flow from Tom, imo.

Eve
Well, I wasn't exactly defending TC, in fact, I don't really like him at all, and refuse to spend a dime on his movies after the Brooke Shields rant. I have read the TC/Scientology threads, I know what he's about. NK knew what he was about too, when she married him - he was already into Scientology.

I don't know that there is such a thing as a pre-nup agreement that determines who gets the kids in case of divorce, nor do I think that such a pre-nup would be valid, but I'm no lawyer either. Wouldn't have hurt to try to fight the good fight, though, had she been in that position. If i had signed a bad pre-nup, I still would have fought for my children, personally, wouldn't you?

You are exactly right, we do not know what kind of pressure he brought to bear on her, for all we know it was none.

I maintain that, as a mother, I would not make the choices she has made. I guess we all have diffferent standards...

moo

lol- yeah probably because she considers herself an Aussie- this is her home.

Well, I wasn't exactly defending TC, in fact, I don't really like him at all, and refuse to spend a dime on his movies after the Brooke Shields rant. I have read the TC/Scientology threads, I know what he's about. NK knew what he was about too, when she married him - he was already into Scientology.

I don't know that there is such a thing as a pre-nup agreement that determines who gets the kids in case of divorce, nor do I think that such a pre-nup would be valid, but I'm no lawyer either. Wouldn't have hurt to try to fight the good fight, though, had she been in that position. If i had signed a bad pre-nup, I still would have fought for my children, personally, wouldn't you?

You are exactly right, we do not know what kind of pressure he brought to bear on her, for all we know it was none.

I maintain that, as a mother, I would not make the choices she has made. I guess we all have diffferent standards...

moo

Easy to say Sandra, you havent walked in Nics shoes, you don't know what choices she had and when it comes to Scientology- there is no choice.

Easy to say Sandra, you havent walked in Nics shoes, you don't know what choices she had and when it comes to Scientology- there is no choice.
You're not suggesting that we stop talking about celebrities here, unless we've "walked in their shoes", are you? ;)

No more commenting on Brit, Paris, TomKat, Brangelina, etc.....really?

imo

You're not suggesting that we stop talking about celebrities here, unless we've "walked in their shoes", are you? ;)

No more commenting on Brit, Paris, TomKat, Brangelina, etc.....really?

imo

:D

You're lumping Nic in with Paris and Brits?! surely you jest ;)

Of course there is a choice!
She could choose to fight for her children.. Its not like she is not a world wide known star with much money of her own.

Of course there is a choice!
She could choose to fight for her children.. Its not like she is not a world wide known star with much money of her own.

How do you know what choices she had Am?

I'll say it again, there is no choice when it comes to Scientology- people suicide to get out of that cult!

How do you know what choices she had Am?

I'll say it again, there is no choice when it comes to Scientology- people suicide to get out of that cult!

She is not in Scientology.
Money and fame do in fact buy choices.
People do not suicide to get out of a cult they suicide because they are mentally ill to begin with. (probably why they joined a cult in the first place)

The Fact is NK can afford to fight if she so chose to.

:D

You're lumping Nic in with Paris and Brits?! surely you jest ;)

Ah, so you've walked in Paris and Brit's shoes? :D

My point is, we comment on celebrities all the time. Those are the ones who came to mind most easily.

Rosie O'Donnell? Owen Wilson? Princess Di? Oprah Winfrey?

I didn't say NK should be strung up by her toenails, I just said she has made mothering choices that I would not make. I would not spend the time away from my kids that she has. It is possible that this has contributed to the kids not wanting to spend time with her.

My Opinion....

moo

I personally don't think that tom ever allowed for those to be HER children. I think they were always Tom's kids. And again... I think that Suri is also TOM's child. I hate to say it, but he seems to hover over her. I wonder how much he lets Katie interact with her. It seems sad.

People do not suicide to get out of a cult they suicide because they are mentally ill to begin with. (probably why they joined a cult in the first place)

Exactly.

Hello, Nic. Hire a lawyer. Isn't she the richest woman in Australia? or one of the richest?

Well, she certainly has more resources than you or I... but Tom not only has the resources of his own making behind him, but he has the whole resources of SCiENTOLOGY (a HUGE cult) behind him. That has to be intimidating. We probably could never imagine what they could do in LA... we most likely aren't even scratching the surface... and besides, like I said... she may feel as if she wasn't allowed to raise the kids, as if she were an outsider, and that the kids don't choose to be with her anyway, so it would be a waste. So to take what time she does have and enjoy it... and live where she chooses... may be smart. She is only a plane ride away.

Yes!!

They aren't allowed to make any noise during child birth and she wasn't allowed to go near Suri for 7 days after the birth.

They (Scientologists) have some really, really wierd beliefs and that's saying something coming from me because I believe in all sorts of stuff of the esoteric kind- but that stuff is just bs!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientologyhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientologyhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

So, if you're scientologist, you can't breastfeed!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j@nky
Back