Nigeria - Extremists Kidnap New Group of 200+ Girls, 14 Apr 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Those girls are so brave!

I have the feeling that if it weren't for the international attention this received that the Nigerian government would have done nothing of substance to address this kidnappings or the murders of teachers in that country. JMO.

I think you are right, wendiesan.

"It took over two weeks for the president to make a statement about the missing girls.

‘My own view is that I don't think he actually cares about what's happening in Borno, and he doesn't feel any strong connection to the people there,’ says Adam Higazi. ‘He is not from that part of the country, they don't have any linguistic commonalities. But he is really not an effective leader, he is incompetent, and he has really no working relationship with the governor of Borno state, Kashim Shettima.'

President Jonathan has publicly ruled out a prisoner swap but it is unclear what strategy might be used to gain the the girls' release."

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational...-boko-haram-and-kidnapped-schoolgirls/5478532

When you look at this map you can see where the Boko Haram activity is. The girls are supposedly up by Lake Chad - the white blob at the top right of the map.

5471572-3x2-700x467.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational...-boko-haram-and-kidnapped-schoolgirls/5478532

Monday, June 2nd 2014
A heartbreaking new video of the Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped by Islamic extremists shows them bravely speaking out about their ordeal for the first time.
The footage, not released publicly but seen by The Mail on Sunday, was taken in a jungle clearing a month after their abduction.

In the video, eight girls, dressed in their home-made school uniforms of pale blue gingham, plead for release as they stand courageously in front of the camera. They are clearly scared, upset and trying to be brave.

The video, taken by an intermediary on May 19, has been shown to President Goodluck Jonathan. It was intended to serve as ‘proof of life’ for the girls and to encourage the President to accede to the terrorists’ demands.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-expected-suffer-like-life.html#ixzz33Qxq32uh

OMG, S.Aussie.

After talking about his experiences in special ops with Roméo Dallaire's forces in Africa with my nephew-in-law, I had very little respect for the "authorities" on that continent in general. The way that the men treated women so poorly, and children horribly, led to several confrontations between soldiers and civilians. When the forces were distributing food, the men were sending women and children to get their food or just grabbing it from them and backhanding them if they objected. When soldiers intervened, they were disciplined for not respecting the culture. The disillusion ran very, very deep.

So my expectations were not high.

But Goodluck Jonathon has behaved in a way that's even lower than I imagined.

If the army tries to go in and take the girls, the girls will probably be shot before it happens. :cry:

You could be right however with the continuing slaughter of more people by that group (85 just recently) , they must be stopped at this point.

If they showed any sign that there could be some sort of negotiation then other means may be able to be pursued but the brutality shown by that group sadly points to only 1 way to deal with them. And that is to go in and annihilate them. Which sadly means that the girls may face a terrible fate.

I just dont see any other way with this terrible group. If nobody does anything then they will continue to attack villages for supplies and murder people on a daily basis like they are doing already.

The only possible hope is knowing that US special forces maybe helping out so its possible that some may be saved because at least the planning of the ambush will be done with as much care towards the girls as possible. Although knowing this sick group they will most likely have the girls right in the middle of the danger and use them as shields.

We have to remember that whatever happens to them is solely blamed on that terrible group who took them. They are evil and pure savages to do what they have already done and are continuing to do on a daily basis. The blame of any or all of the girls deaths will fall squarely on their shoulders and only their shoulders.

This says it all to me about this group:

"Since the girls were captured, at least 470 civilians have been killed by Boko Haram, which says it is fighting to establish an Islamic state in religiously mixed Nigeria, in various locations, according to a Reuters count."

Sounds like only 1 way to deal with them. An all out attack to destroy as many as possible.

The question that must be asked is why did the government of that country allow it to get this bad. They could have stopped this group much earlier before they got this large and before things got this bad.

Sounds like inaction till now and only action now because the whole world is mad now.

This says it all to me about this group:

"Since the girls were captured, at least 470 civilians have been killed by Boko Haram, which says it is fighting to establish an Islamic state in religiously mixed Nigeria, in various locations, according to a Reuters count."

Sounds like only 1 way to deal with them. An all out attack to destroy as many as possible.

The question that must be asked is why did the government of that country allow it to get this bad. They could have stopped this group much earlier before they got this large and before things got this bad.

Sounds like inaction till now and only action now because the whole world is mad now.

Cui bono. I would be anything that a forensic accounting/IT team would reveal that some people are making a lot of money from this group and/or for protecting this group.

Certainly sounds as though some members of the Nigerian military may not be on the same page as the Govt.

"With its search for more than 200 kidnapped schoolgirls still in disarray, Nigeria is accusing its own military officers of sabotaging the battle against Boko Haram, reports say.

One newspaper, Leadership, said the officers had sabotaged the military campaign against Boko Haram by providing ammunition to the group and by leaking confidential security information about the movements and strategies of Nigerian troops.

If true, this could help explain why Nigeria has been unable to prevent Boko Haram from rampaging across the north with such apparent impunity, despite sending 20,000 troops into the region and spending more than $6-billion annually on its security forces."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-of-aiding-boko-haram-report/article18959056/

And a few days ago Boko Haram assassinated the traditional Muslim leader of Gwoza (in Borno state). Won’t be long before they have taken over Borno and transformed it into a radical Islamic state. They seem to be going full steam ahead with their plans – despite the current attention from the world.

When will someone do something? When they are closer to the oil fields?

"Gunmen suspected to be members of the Boko Haram Islamist militant group have killed a first class traditional ruler in Borno State, the Emir of Gwoza, Alhaji Idrisss Timta."
http://www.channelstv.com/2014/05/30/gunmen-kill-emir-of-gwoza-in-borno-attack/

"Two days after suspected members of the Boko Haram killed the Emir of Gwoza, Idris Titman; members of the insurgent group on Sunday attacked a church in the town ...."
http://allafrica.com/stories/201406030677.html

And a few days ago Boko Haram assassinated the traditional Muslim leader of Gwoza (in Borno state). Won’t be long before they have taken over Borno and transformed it into a radical Islamic state. They seem to be going full steam ahead with their plans – despite the current attention from the world.

When will someone do something? When they are closer to the oil fields?
Respectfully snipped for space.

I'm afraid you're closer to the truth than anyone wants to believe or admit. The non-interference policies don't apply so much when access to oil is endangered. IMO

More women kidnapped by BokoHaram

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/09/boko-haram-kidnap-more-women-near-chibok-nigeria

Suspected Boko Haram gunmen have reportedly kidnapped 20 women from a nomadic settlement in north-east Nigeria near the town of Chibok, where the Islamic militants abducted more than 300 girls in April, most of whom are still missing.

Alhaji Tar, a member of the vigilante groups set up to resist Boko Haram's attacks, said the men arrived in Garkin Fulani at midday on Thursday and forced the women to enter their vehicles at gunpoint.

The group also kidnapped three young men who tried to stop the abduction, and drove to an unknown location in the remote stretch of Borno state, he said.

BBM

It beggars belief. Has anything been done at all?

i guess the war on terrorism does'nt include Africa. There must be a reason the rest of the world stays clear of some situations. Is it because of economics? (the land is not of value)
It sound totally lawless there, poor girls poor women. jmo

bbm

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/24/world/africa/nigeria-boko-haram/index.html?eref=edition

" Nigeria (CNN) -- Boko Haram Islamists abducted 60 females, including children, and killed 30 men last week in a raid of a village in northeastern Nigeria, two sources said Tuesday.

Dressed as soldiers, the gunmen invaded the village of Kummabza in Borno state on June 18 and held the people hostage for four days, the sources said.

After killing the 30 male villagers and looting food supplies, they whisked away 60 female hostages and set the village on fire with petrol bombs and explosives, a senior local government official said. Some of the kidnapped girls were between the ages of 3 and 12.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kidnap...captives-despite-international-help-1.2685717

"A lot of the efforts are being hampered with just the terrain they're dealing with," Hillman said. "You're dealing with a two-tier forest, two levels of forest to try and look through. [The surveillance drones] have difficulty with that," Hillman said

As well, the girls may have been separated, with one large group taken over the border while others may have been broken into smaller clusters of two and three, some used as human shields, interspersed among pockets of Nigeria.

"Technically [Boko Haram] are very adept at blending back into their population, and I expect they’ve done the same with the girls," Kew said"

Those poor girls...I can't even imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...pe_boko_haram_chibok_girls_still_captive.html

"By: Haruna Umar And Michelle Faul The Associated Press, Published on Mon Jul 07 2014

63 Nigerians escape Boko Haram, Chibok girls still captive
Girls and women managed to flee, official says, but the 219 schoolgirls abducted in April are still missing

"Martha Mark, the mother of kidnapped school girl Monica Mark, displays her photo in the family house, in Chibok, Nigeria. While 63 girls and women reportedly escaped Boko Haram on the weekend, the Chibok girls are still missing.

MAIDUGURI, NIGERIA—More than 60 Nigerian girls and women abducted by Islamic extremists two weeks ago have managed to escape, officials said Monday.

Nigerian security forces and federal government officials had denied reports of the mass abduction from three villages in the northeast state of Borno on June 22.

Chibok local government chairman Pogu Bitrus said Monday he had verified that about 60 women and girls escaped on Thursday and Friday by sending a representative who met with some of the escapees and their families at the hospital in Lassa, a town in the neighbouring Damboa local government area.

Vigilante leader Abbas Gava in Maiduguri, capital of Borno state, said Sunday that vigilantes in the area told him 63 women and girls escaped Friday while their captors were engaged in a major attack on a military barracks and police headquarters in Damboa town."

Possible good news! :happydance:

Hoping that it comes to fruition. :please:

Last updated 07:22 18/10/2014

Nigeria says it has agreed a ceasefire with Islamist militants Boko Haram and reached a deal for the release of more than 200 schoolgirls kidnapped by the group six months ago.

There was no immediate confirmation from the rebels, who have wreaked five years of havoc in Africa's top oil producer and triggered an international outcry by seizing the girls from the northeast town of Chibok in April.

"I wish to inform this audience that a ceasefire agreement has been concluded," said the head of Nigeria's military, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh, adding the deal had followed three days of talks with the militant sect.

Government spokesman Mike Omeri said the deal covered the release of the captives and Boko Haram had given assurances "that the schoolgirls and all other people in their captivity are all alive and well".

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/world/62519348/Boko-Haram-cease-fire-girls-to-be-released

A U.S. official has said that there are ongoing talks to free the over 200 Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped by terror group Boko Haram earlier this year, after a ceasefire was reportedly reached late last week. Fresh attacks from the Islamic militants have made some Nigerian elders question this deal, however.

"We can confirm reports that a ceasefire has been announced (and) appears to have been put into place," State Department deputy spokeswoman Marie Harf said on Monday.
Read more at ....

http://www.christianpost.com/news/u...-elders-question-boko-haram-ceasefire-128388/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back