GUILTY NJ - Amy Giordano, 25, Hightstown, 8 June 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My goodness! Poor woman. I hope they find out how she died and who killed her. although I'm pretty sure we already know. I wonder where the baby is now? Still in foster care, I guess.

Remember that Amy was adopted and hadn't had anything to do with her adoptive parents for quite a while. Personally, I think little Michael will be much better off being adopted into a loving family that will love him for him. He is still really young and won't have a problem being placed. When he is a little older he can be told that he is adopted and about his mom and dad. If he grows up with that knowledge it won't have that big of an affect on him...especially if he has loving parents.

It's hard to tell why none of Amy's family have stepped forward. Maybe they don't feel related to this little guy. Who knows what the problems between Amy and her parents were. But...for some reason no one is stepping forward for little Michael and he shouldn't even be placed with a family that really doesn't want him. He's little and he will bond with a new mom and dad.

I'm glad that Amy has been found...finally. She deserves justice.

You're right Bobbi ... and obviously everyone wants the best for lil Michael: for him to be placed with people who will love him unconditionally!!

It just upsets me that there are people out there like this. And I guess for me, adoption doesn't really mean anything. I have adopted cousins, and we are best friends. They are as much family as it gets. If these people raised Amy, then adopted or not, she is their daughter.

But most importantly: I DO hope little Michael gets loving parents and that Amy gets justice !!!

I know lots of people who can't have children that would love this baby forever and provide him with the best home. I hope the agencies involved will consider the child first.

I have relatives who were adopted too and I never think of them as being adopted...they are just my relatives and always have been. I really believe that little Michael will be just fine as long as he is adopted by a loving family.

I heard on either Fox or CNN today that the reason he killed Amy was because he was tired of paying her expenses. I thought she was talking about moving somewhere though. It sounded like she was talking about moving away from him...maybe not. If she was talking about moving away from him then maybe that is why he murdered her. Maybe he liked having his cake and eating it too.

Source: Nancy Grace, 3.30- " Father has been arrested. The Giordano's, the mother's family, does not want custody of the 18 month old boy for any time, for any reason".

Telephone interview with a family member or spokesperson for the Giordano's who have recently learned that their daugther's decapitated body has been ID'd: Nancy is only asking about the welfare of the infant!!

Caller- " I would like to correct you on one point, Nancy. This child is NOT blood kin".
Amy was an adopted child".

Oh my GOD. They don't want their grandson, nephew, etc because he isn't technically their biological kin, just like Amy wasn't.. I wonder what kind of life SHE had with them?

Just when I think I've heard everything. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I posted an update in her thread, but thought I'd post it here too, in case it got buried.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/18/missing.mom.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Snips -

The Mercer County prosecutor's office released the DNA analysis on Friday showing the remains are those of 27-year-old Amy Giordano from Hightstown, New Jersey.

Her married lover has been charged with her murder.

His friend has been charged with evidence tampering and pleaded not guilty.

Another long article with lots of information.

June 2nd:

Best friend's revelation completes grisly picture

While DiGirolamo sits in jail, his son awaits adoption and Giordano is laid to rest

As of late April, Michael was still in Delaware foster care, awaiting placement with an adoptive family – an unidentified blood relative of the man charged with killing his mother. Officials would not provide an update on his status this month.

and

The partial skeletal remains of Giordano were recently buried by her adoptive mother.

Meryl Bernstein adopted Giordano when she was a baby but had not seen her for years before her death. After the bones were identified as Giordano’s, Bernstein asked authorities for them.

Contacted by a reporter, Bernstein would only say, “She’s been buried, yes.”

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080602/NEWS01/806020351

Ugh, what a piece of work. At least, though, he didn't harm the baby. A small consolation but...I'm glad he didn't harm him.

I'm glad Michael is going to a relative even if it is a relative of the man who killed his mother.

The Associated Press: `Missing mom' murder suspect freed on $1M bail

A married man accused of killing his mistress is out of a New Jersey jail after posting $1 million bail.

A spokeswoman for the Mercer County Prosecutor's Office says Rosario DiGirolamo left jail on Wednesday.

The spokeswoman says DiGirolamo must stay in his parents' home and wear an electronic tracking device. Authorities confiscated his passport...

The Associated Press: `Missing mom' murder suspect freed on $1M bail

A married man accused of killing his mistress is out of a New Jersey jail after posting $1 million bail.

A spokeswoman for the Mercer County Prosecutor's Office says Rosario DiGirolamo left jail on Wednesday.

The spokeswoman says DiGirolamo must stay in his parents' home and wear an electronic tracking device. Authorities confiscated his passport...

I'm sorry but I am convinced this man will attempt to run.

I'm sorry but I am convinced this man will attempt to run.

I saw this in my local newspaper and was going to post it, but I see you have already done so.
I totally agree with you. I cannot believe his bail was only $1 million. I suspect you are on the money, and this is more than likely the last we'll see of him.
This is unbelievable. I am totally outraged. And isn't the poor baby in some foster home?
Tragedy and travesty.

My question is WHY DID HE EVEN GET A BOND?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kat1970
Back