GUILTY NJ - Amy Giordano, 25, Hightstown, 8 June 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well the latest info is that He has been indicted for the abandonment and other charges or child endangerment.. nothing further that i could see regarding Amy or her wearabouts.. and nothing else being floated in regards to his " cooperation" with authorities...

http://www.nbc10.com/news/13949562/detail.html

This is a link to a video done today.. Looks like the footage is of the day he turned himself in..
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070822/VIDEO01/308220012/1006

http://www.nj.com/news/times/regional/index.ssf?/base/news-10/118775553498750.xml&coll=5

In this article it states law enforcement is treating Amy's disappearance as a homicide case without a body...

I guess they must have found some evidence in her apartment..

And I think they know that she didn't just walk away from her child.

does anyone have any updates on her where abouts?
or on rosario giving upi any more info?

I looked around a little and did not see anything new. I don't even see that she is on the missing adult site. This is so sad. I wonder if any of her family is looking for her. I am praying that she is found, and that her little one is in a loving home.

Beings she walked away from one child for another man maybe LE think that it is easy for her to walk away from her children. I don't think that she walked away though. She didn't take her purse or her cigs, etc. Seems like they have found enough evidence to charge this guy but I guess not. I know that if a teen has run away before the police don't put that much into looking for them. Maybe they feel the same way about Amy. I wonder what this creep has told LE about leaving the baby in that parking lot?

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newjersey/ny-bc-nj--missingmom1119nov19,0,499293.story

11-19-07

A New Jersey man accused of abandoning the son he fathered with his missing mistress was sentenced to 18 months probation Monday after his lawyers reached a plea agreement with prosecutors.

Rosario DiGirolamo, 32, of Millstone Township, N.J., pleaded guilty to second-degree reckless endangering and child abandonment, both misdemeanors. Prosecutors and defense attorneys agreed that evidence did not support a felony endangerment charge of leaving his 11-month-old son, Michael, at substantial risk of death when he left him in the parking lot of Christiana Hospital in Newark on June 9.

much more at link

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newjersey/ny-bc-nj--missingmom1119nov19,0,499293.story

11-19-07

A New Jersey man accused of abandoning the son he fathered with his missing mistress was sentenced to 18 months probation Monday after his lawyers reached a plea agreement with prosecutors.

Rosario DiGirolamo, 32, of Millstone Township, N.J., pleaded guilty to second-degree reckless endangering and child abandonment, both misdemeanors. Prosecutors and defense attorneys agreed that evidence did not support a felony endangerment charge of leaving his 11-month-old son, Michael, at substantial risk of death when he left him in the parking lot of Christiana Hospital in Newark on June 9.

much more at link

I can't believe they are not charging him with Amy's disapperence wasn't there blood in her apartment. So very very wrong.

I saw this new development on the news last night. I hope they find something in that apt that points right to that creep. It is obvious that he murdered Amy.

"We're going wherever the new leads and information takes us," DeBlasio said.

Thats great that they are keeping this case going and not giving up. I hope that it all finally gets resolved and that he will get more then just that 18 month probation.

I think the child welfare officials have made a wise move here. Amy is almost certainly dead, so she will not care if her parental rights are terminated, and it will save Michael from having to stay in foster care until he ages out. They have already found a woman willing to adopt him. Hopefully he can have a happy life in spite of the early tragedies.

Excuse the stupid question I am going to ask but apparently I missed something along the way here and admittedly I did not read all the article links: what proof does LE have that Rose left Michael in the parking lot? That is what he was charged for right?

Also, have we heard anything more about the blood LE found in the apartment?

If they are charging Rose with abandoning his child on the very same day Amy disappeared surely LE thinks he is responsible for Amy's disappearence right? That is just too big of a coincidence and if he is in posession of the child then that means he was with Amy and most likely the last person to have seen Amy. What excuse does he have for dropping a toddler off in a parking lot?

Michael's father admitted leaving him in the parking lot. I believe it happened like this: the baby was found, and it was publicized, and some people recognized him and his pediatrician identified him. After the identification, the police found out, I think, that Rosario had made a cell phone call a short distance away from where Michael was abandoned and at about the same time.

Rosario admitted what he had done. He said Amy left him and told him she was never coming back and he would have the kid, and he panicked.

I wish we knew what LE found in Amy's apt. the second time around. I don't doubt that the father of her baby murdered her. Now if LE could just prove it.
I wonder if Amy was murdered on the way home from their shopping trip or later? Is he in jail?

Unfortunately, Mr. Digirolamo is not in jail that I know of. He got probation after pleading guilty to abandoning Michael. He has not been charged in Amy's disappearance and he refused to speak about it.

Finally!

http://www.nj.com/centraljersey/index.ssf/2008/03/millstone_man_arrested_in_mist.html

Rosario DiGirolamo, the former Millstone man suspected in the June 2007 disappearance of his mistress, Amy Giordano, of Hightstown, has been charged with killing her, officials said late Thursday.
DiGirolamo was taken into custody at his parents' home in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly before 5 p.m., his lawyer, Jerome Ballarotto, said.
Amy Giordano's body has never been found.
"I can't imagine the basis for a homicide prosecution (without a body) but whatever it is, we're ready to defend it," Ballarotto said.
The Mercer County Prosecutor's Office will officially announce DiGirolamo's arrest at a 5:45 p.m. news conference Thursday in Trenton.

Will post link or more details after presser

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kat1970
Back