GUILTY NJ - Amy Giordano, 25, Hightstown, 8 June 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.sparkweekly.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070803/NEWS/708030399/1006/NEWS

In the three-page probable cause affidavit, Bartkowski wrote:

• DiGirolamo told his wife he would be away on business June 5 to 9. Giordano last was seen June 7. DiGirolamo called in sick at work June 8, and he allegedly dropped Michael off outside Christiana Hospital on June 9.

• A Florida woman close to Giordano said a mutual friend told her Giordano and DiGirolamo had a "huge fight" on June 7, and Giordano told her lover "she wanted him out of her life." Bartkowski said Thursday that authorities are trying to corroborate that account.

•DiGirolamo last reported to work at Conair Corp. on June 11 -- the day after police released his then-unidentified son's photograph to the media -- but left "in a rush."

•He called his wife June 12 to say he had been in an accident in New York, and she never heard from him again. On the same day, he called his father and said that "he was very confused and that he needed to take some time." Two days later, he flew to Italy from Newark, N.J.

•DiMaggio said DiGirolamo expected a large inheritance from his parents, in their 50s and 60s, who own several businesses and real estate in New York. She told police "they are very old Italian and if Rosario had left her [and their child], that his family may disown him and he would lose out on the inheritance."

•DiGirolamo, who paid Giordano's $850 monthly rent, asked landlord Mike Vanderbeck to end her lease June 14. An unidentified real estate agent told authorities DiGirolamo had inquired about a larger apartment in nearby Twin Rivers but later changed his mind, saying he could not afford the higher rent and "he was tired of supporting [Giordano] while she sat home and did nothing." He asked the agent not tell Giordano.

Vanderbeck also told The News Journal on Thursday that shortly before Giordano vanished, DiGirolamo asked him not to show her apartment to prospective tenants because she was ill.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
It will be interesting to see where he was June 12 until he left for Italy June 14... The article also stated he made several phone calls on his cell phone the night he dropped his son off in the hospital parking lot.. The police are not saying who he made them to..

He asked the landlord not to show the apt to anyone because Amy was ill? Was she already dead then? Was that after the video of them shopping in the store?

It says shortly before she vanished.. It also says he told the realtor for the new apartment he wasn't going to rent it and asked him not to tell Amy.. Sounds like he had a plan to get rid of Amy because he was tired of supporting her and Michael..

Roy told Maria he would be away on business from Tuesday June 5th through Saturday June 9th..

Roy goes to work on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday but does not go home so must have been with Amy.

Video shows Roy and Amy shopping on Thursday...

At some point on the 7th or 8th Amy talks to a friend and tells her they had a big fight and she told him she wants out..

Roy calls out sick to Conair on Friday June 8th.. Amy talks to her 6 yr. old son Joey by phone..

Saturday June 9th Michael is found at the hospital parking lot.. Roys cell phone is used several times in that area.. Police have not disclosed who he called..

Roy returns home on Saturday or Sunday..

On Sunday June 10th the police release a photo of Michael to the media..

He goes to work on Monday the 11th but leaves work in a rush after he gets a phone call..

Tuesday June 12th Roy calls Maria and tells her he's in NY and had a car accident.. She hears nothing else from him.. He calls his father and says he's very confused and he needs some time...

Thursday June 14th Roy leaves from Newark and flies to Milan.. The apartment manager identifies Michael..

Where was Roy from the time he made the phone calls on Tuesday to the time he left for Milan?

He left the car in Staten Island.. How did he get to the airport in Newark?

I think he had help.. But who would he trust? We know that Maria is lying about not knowing about Amy when co-workers at Lowes stated that Maria came to Lowes and made a scene when she confronted Roy about her.. She states that she did not know that Roy was making $56,000 a year yet she is an accountant and would have known when they filed their income tax..

His Dad also said he didn't know about Amy yet they met when Roy worked at the pizzeria.. She lived about a half of a block away and she was the talk of the area when she left her husband and son for the pizza man..

Maria said parents are old Italian.. Old Italian is it's ok to have a mistress as long as you remember who your wife is.. Marriage is forever. If the mistress is causing problems at home you get rid of the mistress.. Not saying kill her just get rid of her until the house settles down and then later find another.. Children born from the mistress are not the same as from the wife.. They are not considered blood.. He would be just Roy's mistake.. They will stand by him no matter what because he is their son..

Someone knows something and I think someone helped him get rid of Amy.. He was talking to someone that night when he dumped Michael, someone picked him up when he dumped the car in NY, Someone helped him get his belongings together, clothes, money and his passport... If Maria is telling the truth about not hearing from him since the 12th then someone was hiding him and took him to the airport on the 14th.. Someone helped him get rid of the body.. I'm sure they will find no blood or any other evidence in his car.. He planned this and I think Amy believed she was moving to another apartment.. He was hoping everyone else believed it too.. He dropped Michael in Delaware because he thought it would be far enough away from NJ and NY.. I think he tried to go about his business as usual.. Someone called him and he rushed out.. I think that call was to tell him that Michael's photo was being shown and he knew someone would put two and two together.. He asked the landlord not to show the apartment saying Amy was sick so people wouldn't question why she wasn't around.. Then by the 14th when the lease ran out he would have the apartment cleaned out and it would look like she just moved without saying goodbye.. The media attention that Michael got was what changed his plan.. He skipped to Italy and watched and waited to see what would happen.. He came back because the only thing they have been able to charge him with is abandonment.. I doubt Amy will ever be found.. Roy will lose parental rights to Michael and he will be adopted.. Maria and Roy will eventually get back together because they are old Italian.. Maria will now have the upper hand and Roy will tow the line because Maria knows what he did and she will always have that over him..

I hope I am wrong but once again it's looking like another man tired of his mistress and the financial burden..

Great post, Lori. Very well thought out.

I thank God that he at least didn't hurt that baby.

Maybe it is alright to have a mistress as long as it doesn't get messy. The husband's affair has gotten real messy though and that is probably why the wife wants a divorce. I wonder why LE believe tht the wife wasn't aware of Amy or the baby if they talked to the workers at Lowes? Maybe she wasn't aware of Michael but it sounds like she knew about Amy.

From what the wife said about her husband's parents it doesn't sound like the husband would have told his dad about the whole situation or that the dad would have helped his son leave the country unless the dad didn't know the real reason why his son needed to get away for awhile.

I wonder if it was the wife who called the office and confronted the husband about Amy and the baby....the baby being found. Maybe that is why he took off so fast and then called his dad.

This guy is going to have to have some big story about why he had Michael and why he left him in that hospital parking lot.

I agree Bobbisangel it certainly got messy.. Maria probably told the police that she suspected he was having an affair and confronted him about it.. He either convinced her she was wrong or she forgave him after he promised to end it.. I doubt she will ever admit to knowing about Michael one way or the other..
I found it interesting that when she filed for the divorce that she asked for her sons name to be changed to DiMaggio.. I'm sure that Roy won't see much of his son as he will be deemed an unfit father.. I also wonder if the name change is some sort of payback to his family because they knew about Michael and Amy and never told her.. I can't think this will make them too happy..
If Amy's body never surfaces he will get nothing more then a slap on the hand for abandoning Michael.. If I were his lawyer I would say Amy walked out on Michael the same way she left Joey.. When he woke up on Friday she was gone and that was why he had to call out sick from work.. He will admit to the big fight her friend said they had and say it was Amy who wanted out not him.. He loved her.. He waited all day for her to come home and she didn't.. On Saturday he knew he had to go home and he was so confused with what to do with Michael.. He couldn't tell Maria and couldn't tell his family so he just got in his car and kept driving trying to clear his head.. Finally he sees the hospital and pulls in leaving Michael but parks where he can watch him only leaving when he sees the nurse take Michael.. Of course as he loves Michael he plans on going back to tell the truth once he finds Amy.. On Monday he leaves work in a rush because he needs to find Amy.. On Tuesday he calls Maria and lies about being in an accident.. But he's really still looking for Amy.. By Thursday he finally realises that Amy is no where to be found.. He's looked everywhere, he's heartbroken, he afraid of what everyone is going to think, he's soooooo confused so he hops on a plane to Italy.. I think Roy will be fine unless someone finds Amy..

Here is the latest news coverage.........

http://www.nbc10.com/news/13895154/detail.html

TRENTON, N.J. -- The lawyer for a man accused of abandoning a child he fathered with his now-missing mistress claims his client is helping authorities search for the Mercer County woman.

They will eventually find (Giordano) alive and well," Ballarotto said in a story posted on the newspaper's Web site Tuesday night.

Casey DeBlasio, a spokeswoman for the Mercer County Prosecutor's Office, acknowledged that DiGirolamo has been providing some information through his lawyer, but investigators would like to get more.

"We haven't spoken directly with Mr. DiGirolamo, but we would like to," DeBlasio told The Associated Press Tuesday night

------------------------------

How cooperative can he be if he is not talking directly to investigators...??? Give me a break if he had nothing to hide he4'd march his *advertiser censored** into the investigators offices and sit there providing all info possible.. nothing to worry about if you haven't done anything wrong....

I couldn't agree with you more opme... If he was innocent he would be doing everything he could to clear himself.. He would be talking to the police and the media.. He has lost his wife and his children.. His secret life has been exposed except what happened to Amy.. The only reason not to answer would be he would incriminate himself...

His first appearance in court is supposed to be Friday.. I wonder if he will be there or if his attorney will go alone..

Did anything make the media about the hearing on Friday? It was just a preliminary hearing right? Probably not much to report on.

Salem

Millstone man labeled person of interest in disappearance of mistress.

Rosario DiGirolamo has been indicted on charges of abandoning the baby he fathered with his missing mistress, Amy Giordano of Hightstown.
The Millstone man was indicted late Monday by a New Castle County Superior Court grand jury, according to Jason Miller, spokesman for the Delaware Attorney General's Office. He was indicted on both charges filed against him — a felony charge of reckless endangering and a misdemeanor charge of child abandonment.
"The grand jury, in handing down the indictment, indicated that sufficient evidence existed that the defendant committed the crime to send this case to trial," Mr. Miller said Thursday
The felony charge carries a maximum penalty of five years in jail while the misdemeanor charge carries a maximum jail term of one year.
Mr. Digirolamo's attorney, Jerome Ballarotto, did not return calls seeking comment.
Then 11-month-old Michael DiGirolamo was found June 9 abandoned outside the Christiana Hospital in Newark, Del.
Delaware State Police say they charged Mr. DiGirolamo after discovering that his cell phone was used near the hospital that day.
Mr. DiGirolamo, 32, flew to Italy on June 14, after telling his father that he was confused and needed some time, according to law enforcement officials. He flew back to face the charges in Delaware on Aug. 2 and was freed on $10,000 cash bond.

DiGirolamo indicted on child abandonment charges

By CRIS BARRISH, The News Journal
Updated Wednesday, August 22, 2007 at 5:49 pm
Rosario DiGirolamo

A New Castle County grand jury has indicted Rosario DiGirolamo for allegedly abandoning the 11-month-old son he had with a woman who has been missing since early June.

Arraignment is scheduled for Aug. 31 and a case review for Oct. 4.

DiGirolamo, 32, of Millstone Township, N.J., is also considered a “person of interest’’ in the unsolved disappearance of mistress Amy Giordano. DiGirolamo’s attorney said last week that his client expects Giordano, 27, to be found alive.

"The grand jury, in handing town the indictment, indicated that sufficient evidence existed that the defendant committed the crime to send this case to trial,'' Jason Miller, spokesman for Attorney General Beau Biden, said today

This is such good news, but only half the battle. At least it is a step forward.

:rolleyes: DiGirolamo’s attorney said last week that his client expects Giordano, 27, to be found alive. :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kat1970
Back