GUILTY NJ - Amy Giordano, 25, Hightstown, 8 June 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Police also said they were looking for Rosario's car, a 1998 silver L300 Lexus with New Jersey license plates MCJ22Z.

Investigators said they suspect the car is somewhere abandoned north of Hightstown.

Hightstown police Lt. Ben Miller would not comment on camera Thursday, but said he is more interested right now in finding Digirolamo's car than he is in finding Digirolamo.

Miller said he believes the car holds clues to what may have happened, but wouldn't comment any further."
http://www.nbc10.com/news/13547588/detail.html

The police are also tracing some sort of financial activity as well.. apparetly he must be using credit cards or ATM cards ..

Was the note in her handwriting?

I don't remember if police have actually said. I do remember something about police had found a diary and that she had written regulary in it. And I believe there was a mention that her handwriting had changed in it. If I can I will try to find the article.

Here it is, a statement from the landlord:

Vanderbeck said he could not explain the note found with the boy, saying Giordano had no job or medical insurance to lose.

Vanderbeck, however, did see some similarities between the diaper note and entries found in a notebook discovered when he accompanied a detective during a search of Giordano's apartment.

"Some of it looked like very fluid handwriting, but a few pages later it started to deteriorate," he said, adding that the notebook entries included phrases such as "I don't deserve you," or "I'm not good enough for you."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,283278,00.html

So in the note not only was the name of the child false, but she said that she had lost her job- but she didn't have a job and didn't have medical insurance.

A MySpace page created in 2006 that appears to belong to Giordano — that has been updated by someone since her disappearance — also indicates her age as 27.

Vanderbeck said the discovery of the almost full pack of cigarettes worries him the most, because Giordano would chain-smoke when she visited his SlowDown Cafe, located on the street-level of his building.

“Someone who is addicted to cigarettes doesn’t go far from that,” he said.

Police also are looking for the man they believe to be the boy’s father, Rosario “Roy” Digirolamo. Vanderbeck said Digirolamo -- who often visited mother and son and drove them to doctor’s appointments -- was the lease-holder and paid the $850 monthly rent on the apartment for Giordano, who did not work.

Vanderbeck last saw him on June 8, when he stopped by to pay the June rent. It was a few days late, but he had called to let Vanderbeck know he wouldn’t be able to come by until then.

“He was very responsible,”said Vanderbeck, who said he only interacted with him in a business context. “He had a serious demeanor.”

Digirolamo, a computer analyst for Conair in Hightstown, last showed up for work on June 11. Neither his wife nor other family members have called the company to ask about his whereabouts, Conair Vice President John Mayorek told the Times on Monday: “We don’t know what’s going on. He was a very good employee.”

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070619/NEWS/70619034

So two questions:

Who updated her MySpace account?

What did Digirolamo say (or leave in a note) that made his wife not need to call his work looking for him?

What is the myspace adress that you found??
I found this one but I'm not sure if thats her. It would be strange because it was accessed 6-19 but it could have been LE or family

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=107917778

Authorities confirmed publicly Friday that the last sighting of missing Hightstown mother Amy Giordano that they have been able to verify was on June 7 at the ShopRite supermarket on Route 130 in East Windsor.

snip.... The last known sighting of Digirolamo that police say they are aware of was on June 11 at his job as a computer analyst for Conair Corp. in East Windsor.
http://blog.nj.com/timesupdates/2007/06/missing_mom_last_sighted_in_su.html

I wonder how this young mother was living. The boyfriend was paying the rent but it takes more than that to get by. She had to be getting money from somewhere. I wonder if she was getting money and medical from DSHS and for some reason that got cut off. You would think that DSHS would have discovered that by now though as they probably were called to come get the baby.

Something was happening for this loving mother to give up a baby that everyone says she loved and took such good care of. I wonder if she was forced to write the note and if the name she wrote in the note isn't the first and last name of the person who was forcing her to get rid of her baby. That would be a real good way to try and leave a clue. Also saying "God help me" makes me wonder if she wasn't trying to get a message across. In one of the articles it said that the note was written on the diaper. That makes sense to me if she was in trouble. Grab a diaper to change the baby...quickly write a note on the diaper and then diaper the baby and hope that whoever changed him next would see the note. If the note was inside the diaper it seems that it would have gotten wet and the ink smeared when the baby peed. On the outside of the diaper it would have been ok.

If the baby's dad took her or made her leave with him why wouldn't they have taken the baby unless he intended to harm her. Maybe she wanted more than he wanted to give or maybe he was tired of paying her rent every month and taking her to Dr. appts. I wonder if she had threatened to tell his wife.

I hope this gal turns up alive. It doesn't seem to me that she just abandoned her little baby because she didn't want to be bothered with him.

Why is this under located when she hasn't been located?

Why is this under located when she hasn't been located?

I think because when the thread was started, it was about the boy who was located, not about the missing mom. Nobody knew she was missing yet. That's my guess.

The similarities if this case to Jessie Davis are disturbing to me..both you mothers, both having children with married men. In both case the wife was unaware of the other relationship ( with Jessie it became known after the first childs birth). Both children found abandoned. Both mothers are missing.
I truly believe that this is going to result in a similar fashion to Jessie's se3arch .. the difference is that there is no one pushing authorities to search, no real publicity, no equusearch or other organization organised to assist authorities.. its been possibly weeks no and no one other that this little boy seems to be missing her.. why?

I started a thread under missing under her name Amy Giordano but haven't done much as the news has been little on this and I've been on the Jessie Davis board. Maybe we can get the moderators to link these two together. You have more information than I have.

I even tried to get Steve Huff to post this on his crimeblog but no luck it seems no one is interested in helping this poor girl.

http://tinyurl.com/2f3mlb This one makes me very concerned - her purse complete with her cigarettes was found hidden in her closet. If she truly abandoned her baby and took off then she would have taken her purse. I wish I could get some help in getting this case out there - no one seems to be looking for her.

I also am concerned that the missing woman is probably the victim of a crime for the following reasons:
1. The boyfriend is now missing.
2. The boy friend is "a computer analyst for Conair in Hightstown"
source
The name used in the note was not the childs real name but was probably dictated to her to write. The name John Vncent just happens to be the name of a person known to computer analysts as "
John Vincent Atanasoff was born on 4 October 1903 in Hamilton, New York. He is the inventor of the electronic digital computer. . ."
source

The name John Vincent is also associated with work in virtual reality, another computer related field.

The fact that the name is so strongly associated with the computer field and the fact that the missing womans boy friend is a computer analyst suggests to me that he either wrote, or more probably dictated, the note that was found with the abandoned child.

That's even scarier.....I wonder why his wife did not report him missing until Monday. He must have told her he was going somewhere that she wasn't expecting him home until then. But you would think he would have at least called her in that time frame - what was it a week or more? That's so odd. But apparently she had no idea about his relationship with Amy and their son.

I also hope someone can post her myspace link - apparently it has been updated since she has been missing. I can't find it though, I've searched several times.

http://tinyurl.com/3dtrv3

Here is something else odd....he has listed in his profile on this site that he currently works for a company in Italy. But in all the news reports he works for a company in NJ.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeLuvr_89
Back