Identified! NJ - Atlantic Highlands, WhtFem 15-20, UP1458, Skeletal on hillside, Dec'88 - Nancy Carol Fitzgerald

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New Jersey’s ‘Princess Doe’ Identified After 40 Years, Convicted Murderer Charged | Oxygen Official Site

At a press conference this morning, the Warren County Prosecutor’s Office announced that Princess Doe has been identified as Dawn Olanick. Dawn was 17 years old at the time of her death and a junior in high school.

The mystery began exactly 40 years ago on July 15, 1982, when the body of a young female was found in Cedar Ridge Cemetery in Blairstown Township, New Jersey. Her face, beaten, was unrecognizable. She was wearing distinct clothing and her nails on her right hand were painted red while her left hand had no nail polish. Dawn Olanick was quickly named Princess Doe...

View attachment 355425

... answers that had eluded investigators for close to 40 years.
I believe you meant to post this in Dawn Olanick’s (fka «Princess Doe») WS thread:

This thread is dedicated to the Jane Doe found in Monmouth county in 1988.

Current exclusions The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Missing Person / NamUs #MP7081Bonita Bickwit
Date of Last ContactJuly 27, 1973
StateNY
CountySullivan

Missing Person / NamUs #MP3070Judith Brown
Date of Last ContactApril 06, 1977
StateNY
CountyQueens

Missing Person / NamUs #MP25680Lynn Burdick
Date of Last ContactApril 17, 1982
StateMA
CountyBerkshire

Missing Person / NamUs #MP5909Rosemary Calandriello
Date of Last ContactAugust 25, 1969
StateNJ
CountyMonmouth

Missing Person / NamUs #MP7928Susan Cappel
Date of Last ContactMarch 16, 1982
StateOH
CountyTuscarawas

Missing Person / NamUs #MP5978Jan Cotta
Date of Last ContactJune 26, 1973
StateNJ
CountyMonmouth

Missing Person / NamUs #MP2921Barbara Cotton
Date of Last ContactApril 11, 1981
StateND
CountyWilliams
Missing Person / NamUs #MP6022Carol Donn
Date of Last ContactJanuary 02, 1981
StateFL
CountyPalm Beach

Missing Person / NamUs #MP6077Margaret Fox
Date of Last ContactJune 24, 1974
StateNJ
CountyBurlington

Missing Person / NamUs #MP2351Brenda Green
Date of Last ContactJuly 02, 1988
StateAL
CountyTuscaloosa

Missing Person / NamUs #MP4585Lorraine Herbster
Date of Last ContactMarch 09, 1979
StateNJ
CountyBurlington

Missing Person / NamUs #MP8897Sandra Hopler
Date of Last ContactSeptember 29, 1973
StatePA
CountyLackawanna

Missing Person / NamUs #MP2387Karen Kamsch
Date of Last ContactJune 01, 1976
StateMD
CountyAnne Arundel

Missing Person / NamUs #MP2493Tracy King
Date of Last ContactJuly 08, 1975
StatePA
CountyAdams

Missing Person / NamUs #MP4613Rhonda Labbe
Date of Last ContactAugust 07, 1974
StateMA
CountyEssex

Missing Person / NamUs #MP2827Michelle Lakey
Date of Last ContactAugust 26, 1986
StatePA
CountyLackawanna

Missing Person / NamUs #MP6309Charlotte Loomis
Date of Last ContactSeptember 01, 1972
StateNJ
CountyMonmouth

Missing Person / NamUs #MP7266Judy Martins
Date of Last ContactMay 24, 1978
StateOH
CountyPortage

Missing Person / NamUs #MP5531Tammie McCormick
Date of Last ContactApril 29, 1986
StateNY
CountySaratoga

Missing Person / NamUs #MP47Audrey Nerenberg
Date of Last ContactJuly 15, 1977
StateNY
CountyNew York

Missing Person / NamUs #MP8051Judith Odonnell
Date of Last ContactNovember 30, 1980
StateNY
CountyNew York

Missing Person / NamUs #MP1861Tiffany Papesh
Date of Last ContactJune 13, 1980
StateOH
CountyCuyahoga

Missing Person / NamUs #MP4646Robyn Pettinato
Date of Last ContactJuly 05, 1975
StateMT
CountyFlathead

Missing Person / NamUs #MP946Marcia Remick
Date of Last ContactJune 05, 1979
StateVA
CountyVirginia Beach

Missing Person / NamUs #MP974Patricia Schmidt
Date of Last ContactJune 04, 1985
StateVA
CountyHenrico

Missing Person / NamUs #MP7040Patricia Seelbaugh
Date of Last ContactOctober 26, 1973
StatePA
CountyMercer

Missing Person / NamUs #MP5533Denise Sheehy
Date of Last ContactJuly 07, 1970
StateNY
CountyQueens

Missing Person / NamUs #MP3259Sheryl Tillinghast
Date of Last ContactSeptember 24, 1973
StateNY
CountyDutchess

Missing Person / NamUs #MP4592Karen Zendrosky
Date of Last ContactOctober 22, 1979
StateNJ
CountyMercer

Has Edan Thorne been ruled out?
Her age, height and weight and time frame match up. Also body was found an 1hr and 45mins from where Edna was last seen.

I have looked through all potential matches on this thread and all are either still up or identified as other Doe's. I'd say this is probably a NamUs MP as no genetic company such as Othram or DNADoeProject has looked into this case to my knowledge.

Hi, this is my first post here... registered to say that someone posted a query to the r/GratefulDoe subreddit... I dug a bit and found a two-year-old FB thread to which someone posted three weeks ago that this is her aunt who went missing in the summer of 1972. She didn't provide a name but mentioned (paraphrasing as I don't remember the specific verbiage) "DNA just came in." I can try to find the link and post it here if it's OK.

***EDIT***
Forgot to mention that as soon as I found that FB reply that I sent an email to someone at NamUs. Not sure if that's the reason her page was taken down or if it was already "in the works" so to speak. Here's hoping they release her name soon!

Hi, this is my first post here... registered to say that someone posted a query to the r/GratefulDoe subreddit... I dug a bit and found a two-year-old FB thread to which someone posted three weeks ago that this is her aunt who went missing in the summer of 1972. She didn't provide a name but mentioned (paraphrasing as I don't remember the specific verbiage) "DNA just came in." I can try to find the link and post it here if it's OK.

***EDIT***
Forgot to mention that as soon as I found that FB reply that I sent an email to someone at NamUs. Not sure if that's the reason her page was taken down or if it was already "in the works" so to speak. Here's hoping they release her name soon!
The user's aunt who's this Jane Doe went missing from Montclair, New Jersey. The user also said the estimated year of death, 1973, was correct. Jane Doe's final phone call was to her mom- she was crying for help and then the phone went dead. Before this the mom received calls. but no one talked. Only breathing was heard. The call would hang up when Jane Doe's family asked if it was her.

The user's aunt who's this Jane Doe went missing from Montclair, New Jersey. The user also said the estimated year of death, 1973, was correct. Jane Doe's final phone call was to her mom- she was crying for help and then the phone went dead. Before this the mom received calls. but no one talked. Only breathing was heard. The call would hang up when Jane Doe's family asked if it was her.
Also, after looking through the woman's pages I found out the girls name and even found a photo that could be her but I'm not 100% sure about the photo. I can't post them here because of the TOS but I'll message anyone who's interested.

I just saw the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office post this on Facebook.. so glad they did not give up and can give Nancy and her family closure. May Nancy finally rest in peace.

Does anyone know where in Highlands she was found? I live next to the trail and would love to leave her a memorial.

Also, after looking through the woman's pages I found out the girls name and even found a photo that could be her but I'm not 100% sure about the photo. I can't post them here because of the TOS but I'll message anyone who's interested.
I looked for a photo of Nancy Carol, but couldn't find one yet. May you rest easy now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back