GUILTY NJ - Autumn Pasquale, 12, Clayton, 20 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange that if she was killed for bike parts, why is the bike still in one piece?
IMO they were too busy posting on Facebook, homecoming football game, searching, vigil ....eyeroll

Strange that if she was killed for bike parts, why is the bike still in one piece?

Bc Sat was a busy day with homecoming & football, her death wasn't premeditated, her disappearance went viral, they were in cya mode & didn't have time yet to break it down what with the searches & vigil going on.

Just a guess...

Isn't it true if a victim is killed while a robbery is being committed/attempted then it is automatic 1st degree even if the murder part was an accident?

Legal people??? yoo-hoo where are you?:waitasec:

That would make more sense. They lure her to steal bike, they accidentally kill her...they get charged with 1st degree...

Isn't it true if a victim is killed while a robbery is being committed/attempted then it is automatic 1st degree even if the murder part was an accident?

Legal people??? yoo-hoo where are you?:waitasec:

That would make more sense. They lure her to steal bike, they accidentally kill her...they get charged with 1st degree...

How do you accidentally strangle and use blunt force to kill someone? IMO we will be hearing more about what was done to this 12 yr old as soon as tensions in the town subside.A lot of people definitely seeing this as a racial hate crime and are very upset.

MOD NOTE: It looks like there are misconceptions about verified members. Verified members can post first hand information without providing a link. They cannot, however, post sensitive information that LE might have reason to withhold from the public. That's particularly important to remember during the critical stages of an investigation. How would any of us feel if something posted here interfered with justice being served for Autumn? Think about it.

BTW, questions about the rules are best addressed in a pm to a mod.

Thanks.

Yo, I just hung up with a friend of mine that was at the game Saturday. Actually there's quite a few people here that were going through video of Saturday's proceedings bc apparently there was some kind of parade too? I guess for Homecoming there? So some of my friends were stuck getting to the field bc of the parade, or something like that. Anyway, all day yesterday they went through video & digital pics to see if Autumn was in the background of any of them. Nothing.

The oldest bro plays football for Clayton. Did he know about what happened to Autumn?

I stand by my belief. Autumn had to be deceased early. I'm trying to remember when the HS FB game started... I think it was 1:00 or 1:30. Was the 2:27 text to her mom really Autumn?

OK-I hope this comes out right
they were charged with theft-that would be the bike-right
if they got rid of the bike-they would not have been charged with theft-I have never heard a perp who got rid of a bike being charged with theft..
So the bike was part of this crime-I really think it was for her bike & its parts!!JMO
But she was lured there with the thought she was going to get parts for her bike!!

New Jersey Murder statute:

2C:11-3 Murder.
2C:11-3. Murder.

a.Except as provided in N.J.S.2C:11-4 [manslaughter], criminal homicide constitutes murder when:

(1)The actor purposely causes death or serious bodily injury resulting in death; or

(2)The actor knowingly causes death or serious bodily injury resulting in death; or

(3)It is committed when the actor, acting either alone or with one or more other persons, is engaged in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit robbery, sexual assault, arson, burglary, kidnapping, carjacking, criminal escape or terrorism pursuant to section 2 of P.L.2002, c.26 (C.2C:38-2), and in the course of such crime or of immediate flight therefrom, any person causes the death of a person other than one of the participants; except that in any prosecution under this subsection, in which the defendant was not the only participant in the underlying crime, it is an affirmative defense that the defendant:

(a)Did not commit the homicidal act or in any way solicit, request, command, importune, cause or aid the commission thereof; and

(b)Was not armed with a deadly weapon, or any instrument, article or substance readily capable of causing death or serious physical injury and of a sort not ordinarily carried in public places by law-abiding persons; and

(c)Had no reasonable ground to believe that any other participant was armed with such a weapon, instrument, article or substance; and

(d)Had no reasonable ground to believe that any other participant intended to engage in conduct likely to result in death or serious physical injury.

b.(1) Murder is a crime of the first degree but a person convicted of murder shall be sentenced, except as provided in paragraphs (2), (3) and (4) of this subsection, by the court to a term of 30 years, during which the person shall not be eligible for parole, or be sentenced to a specific term of years which shall be between 30 years and life imprisonment of which the person shall serve 30 years before being eligible for parole.

(2)If the victim was a law enforcement officer and was murdered while performing his official duties or was murdered because of his status as a law enforcement officer, the person convicted of that murder shall be sentenced by the court to a term of life imprisonment, during which the person shall not be eligible for parole.

(3)A person convicted of murder shall be sentenced to a term of life imprisonment without eligibility for parole if the murder was committed under all of the following circumstances:

(a)The victim is less than 14 years old; and

(b)The act is committed in the course of the commission, whether alone or with one or more persons, of a violation of N.J.S.2C:14-2 or N.J.S.2C:14-3.

(4)Any person convicted under subsection a.(1) or (2) who committed the homicidal act by his own conduct; or who as an accomplice procured the commission of the offense by payment or promise of payment of anything of pecuniary value; or who, as a leader of a narcotics trafficking network as defined in N.J.S.2C:35-3 and in furtherance of a conspiracy enumerated in N.J.S.2C:35-3, commanded or by threat or promise solicited the commission of the offense, or, if the murder occurred during the commission of the crime of terrorism, any person who committed the crime of terrorism, shall be sentenced by the court to life imprisonment without eligibility for parole, which sentence shall be served in a maximum security prison, if a jury finds beyond a reasonable doubt that any of the following aggravating factors exist:

(a)The defendant has been convicted, at any time, of another murder. For purposes of this section, a conviction shall be deemed final when sentence is imposed and may be used as an aggravating factor regardless of whether it is on appeal;

(b)In the commission of the murder, the defendant purposely or knowingly created a grave risk of death to another person in addition to the victim;

(c)The murder was outrageously or wantonly vile, horrible or inhuman in that it involved torture, depravity of mind, or an aggravated assault to the victim;

(d)The defendant committed the murder as consideration for the receipt, or in expectation of the receipt of anything of pecuniary value;

(e)The defendant procured the commission of the murder by payment or promise of payment of anything of pecuniary value;

(f)The murder was committed for the purpose of escaping detection, apprehension, trial, punishment or confinement for another offense committed by the defendant or another;

(g)The murder was committed while the defendant was engaged in the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit murder, robbery, sexual assault, arson, burglary, kidnapping, carjacking or the crime of contempt in violation of subsection b. of N.J.S.2C:29-9;

(h)The defendant murdered a public servant, as defined in N.J.S.2C:27-1, while the victim was engaged in the performance of his official duties, or because of the victim's status as a public servant;

(i)The defendant: (i) as a leader of a narcotics trafficking network as defined in N.J.S.2C:35-3 and in furtherance of a conspiracy enumerated in N.J.S.2C:35-3, committed, commanded or by threat or promise solicited the commission of the murder or (ii) committed the murder at the direction of a leader of a narcotics trafficking network as defined in N.J.S.2C:35-3 in furtherance of a conspiracy enumerated in N.J.S.2C:35-3;

(j)The homicidal act that the defendant committed or procured was in violation of paragraph (1) of subsection a. of N.J.S.2C:17-2;

(k)The victim was less than 14 years old; or

(l)The murder was committed during the commission of, or an attempt to commit, or flight after committing or attempting to commit, terrorism pursuant to section 2 of P.L.2002, c.26 (C.2C:38-2).

(5)A juvenile who has been tried as an adult and convicted of murder shall be sentenced pursuant to paragraph (1), (2) or (3) of this subsection.

c.(Deleted by amendment, P.L.2007, c.204).

d.(Deleted by amendment, P.L.2007, c.204).

e.(Deleted by amendment, P.L.2007, c.204).

f.(Deleted by amendment, P.L.2007, c.204).

g.(Deleted by amendment, P.L.2007, c.204).

h.(Deleted by amendment, P.L.2007, c.204).

i.For purposes of this section the term "homicidal act" shall mean conduct that causes death or serious bodily injury resulting in death.

j.In a sentencing proceeding conducted pursuant to this section, the display of a photograph of the victim taken before the homicide shall be permitted.

Amended 1979, c.178, s.21; 1981, c.290, s.12; 1982, c.111, s.1; 1985, c.178, s.2; 1985, c.478; 1992, c.5; 1992, c.76; 1993, c.27; 1993, c.111; 1993, c.206; 1994, c.132; 1995, c.123; 1996, c.115, s.1; 1997, c.60, s.1; 1998, c.25; 1999, c.209; 1999, c.294, s.1; 2000, c.88; 2002, c.26, s.10; 2007, c.204, s.1.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/

Found this community this weekend while hoping Autumn would be found. Appreciate having something to read while I craved to have more information. I've never gotten mentally involved in a case like this before, but this was so nearby. I live in the county seat here, so it was odd finding pictures of these two boys/murderers being walked through my town while they turned themselves in today.

I wish all the families involved can find even a split second of peace in the days, weeks and months to come.

Sadly I don't have a hard time believing this was over bike parts. People get killed over the most trivial bull*** imaginable every day. Some people simply don't value human life.

I don't think there is more to this story, as others have suggested...I think it really was just as stupid and senseless as it appears.

What is happening to youth these days? I realize that there are a great more kids with their moral compass correct than those not, but as adults it is up to us to reinforce that life is precious and when taken away can't be given back. I feel drugs play a role in so much of these horrible crimes and needs to be addressed. If teens are caught with drugs or doing other crimes they need to be accountable not just a slap on the wrist, get them into rehab if needed and have to do community service,learn to give back and maybe somehow we can teach them how valuable life is, including their own and see that crime is not the way, wishful thinking I guess . To know a child lost her life fora bike and the brothers also threw away their lives for the bike also, what a tragedy for all involved. Prayers for Autumn and her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990