GUILTY NJ - Autumn Pasquale, 12, Clayton, 20 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's what I take out of what he's saying. Is he blaming the search procedure or the LE in general. Because there was a specific tip/complaint about the JR and DR stealing bikes the morning of Saturday before she went there. Had cops showed up with a warrant about the stolen bikes they most likely wouldn't have had a chance to see her and kill her.

I think the only valid point is if they had investigated the saturday morning tip about the boys stealing bikes they wouldn't have had a chance to kill her.

I haven't heard about this tip. Do you have a link to that story?

I read this as well. Apparently there was a complaint or call into the CPD on Saturday about the boys stealing bikes, yada yada. No idea if they started investigating it or not, bc IMO that might be something that would be scoped out first...maybe ask around, place a call to the house, or what have you. It's not something that they'd have to drop whatever they're doing to act on ASAP. It's a bike. A bike.

I understand the logic that if le acted on the complaint, which we haven't been privy to yet, that there's a possibility the boys could have been arrested. What I don't understand is how these people can put all the blame on the le when Autumn's own father hadn't even checked in with her for hours, HOURS, didn't know if she arrived at her friend's house or not, actually came out & said he just "assumed" whatever, I mean this is seriously akin to the pot calling the kettle black. It's ri dic u lous.

I'll try to find it someone a few days ago mentioned that they were kind of notorious around the area for stealing bikes and that very morning someone had called the cops stating that they had stolen a bike.

I remember reading that too. But what's bugging me was what was autumn thinking dealing with them if they had such a reputation for stealing bikes? Was she just naive? Attracted to a bad boy? Unaware?

Is there anything from the scanner thread I can bring over here?

I recall an entry before they found her midday Sunday and I think it's somewhat relative. It doesn't refer to JR or DR I believe it was specific to autumn and its bugging me

Some of you old timers or mods can you help me out with TOS?

I remember reading that too. But what's bugging me was what was autumn thinking dealing with them if they had such a reputation for stealing bikes? Was she just naive? Attracted to a bad boy? Unaware?

I suspect naive.

Things we don't know and the parent's might: approximate time of death, nature of the complaint against the brothers and who lodged it. What is someone from the pasquale family called the police?

I recall an entry before they found her midday Sunday and I think it's somewhat relative. It doesn't refer to JR or DR I believe it was specific to autumn and its bugging me

My understanding with the scanner thread is as long as you paraphrase and provide the scanner link.

you can put the link to the specific scanner post up here- not what it says. If you click on the number of the post, for example #1, it will open just that post in a new window. Copy the address of that post that is in the address bar above it. Paste that address in a post up here... If you need help- please send me the number of the post that you need brought up here privately.

If she died any time before 9:30 than Uncle Paul needs to lay off immediately. The quotes in the paper I read imply only that if they had started searching in and around Clayton immediately, rather than later that night in the park, and if the fliers the police made were better... they might have found her. But none of that stuff started until the family reported her missing. Until we hear that she died some time after they reported her missing, I'm going to say any missteps on the part of law enforcement (if there were any) are immaterial. Her disappearance didn't meet the criteria of an Amber alert, and if they had activated one, the outcome in this case would not have been different, as no one saw her after the family notified the police she was missing.

Completely agree. And if one of my kids went missing I'd want all hands on deck and bypass any political crap. I do remember early on that uncle Paul was concerned that the police were treating this as a runaway case early on.

I remember that as well. I even posted about it saying this is no runaway. That was obvious. It still doesn't take away from the fact she was more than likely gone waaaaay sooner than that initial police phone call. They don't hold the culpability imo.

Quick analogy... Numerous calls go to le on a daily basis. They are handled in order of severity. There's a parade & a football game this same day, as well as other sporting venues. Traffic is tight, crowds are heavy. It's a Saturday & there are a couple bars in the near vicinity. Lots of sporadic commotion. Are the le supposed to drop whatever they're doing to go to a person's house about a stolen bike call? Um, I don't think that takes precedence. It might be hard for people to understand just how small this town is - we're talking 8000 people. That's it. I think it's more important for a small police force to protect the crowds rather than to use all their resources dropping everything over a possible stolen bike call.

From google maps street view and news clips from outside the house there is no fence dividing the 2 properties so they could go right to the abandoned back yard from theirs. Both their house and abandoned house is bordered by trees on the back so no worry of neighbors seeing them. Perhaps they wheeled the can into their yard put her in :( then took it back over there to the abandoned house. The only thing is that abandoned house is the corner house and the yard is completely visable with no fence on vine street. But if no one was looking for her because she wasnt reported missing at this time then the chances of no one seeing them taking the quick minute to wheel the can over are pretty good.

JMO

During the news coverage; I'm pretty sure I saw a decent amount of growth on the trees that would make the yard shaded which is why I thought her body may not decompose as quick as it would have if it had sun on it all day. My back yard gets shade; it was pretty cool over the weekend from what I remember. I'm fairly close to where she was found.

Seems the family would have the decency to wait until Autumn is laid to rest to start the blame game. Besides, some of that blame just might point back in their direction.

what if they know she died after 9:30?

If that turns out to be the case I will personally drive across the river to stand behind this family and raise holy hell.

However there just doesn't seem to be any evidence that points in this direction.

At this point I am really hoping she went quickly in some sort of rage or accident early on and they didn't hold her while they contemplated how to deal with her.

Seems the family would have the decency to wait until Autumn is laid to rest to start the blame game. Besides, some of that blame just might point back in their direction.

Thank you, well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we as sound minded individuals always think we know how to react in these scenarios. I am going to give this poor family a ton of wiggle room on their reaction right now.

I personally think part of it is their own guilt. But in a tragedy such as this it would be too devastating to accept your own shortcomings as a parent may have also been lacking. However sadly that sad reality will someday knock on their door and god bless them when it does.

I'm the mother of 3 and have been very guilty of out of sight out of mind parenting. Thus I myself on the Pasquale/Cromwell family and just think but for the grave of god.,,,,

we as sound minded individuals always think we know how to react in these scenarios. I am going to give this poor family a ton of wiggle room on their reaction right now.

I personally think part of it is their own guilt. But in a tragedy such as this it would be too devastating to accept your own shortcomings as a parent may have also been lacking. However sadly that sad reality will someday knock on their door and god bless them when it does.

I'm the mother of 3 and have been very guilty of out of sight out of mind parenting. Thus I myself on the Pasquale/Cromwell family and just think but for the grave of god.,,,,

Me too & I couldn't agree more.

...buhbuhbuh but its not cool to push le into a corner for unjustified reasons...

And it makes me even more sad.

As far as responding to bike thefts... Have you listened to a scanner? (that is sooo not a sarcastic question!) LE can be so incredibly busy, especially on weekends. Call after call, some are dogs barking, many are for drunks, DV, child welfare, 'someone is living in my attic,' loud music, loud music part 2, shooting, peeping and on and on. Maybe the bikes were a lower priority that day. After listening to a scanner feed for a while now, I have a newfound respect and awe for LE. I had no idea just how busy they are, many times simply because people can't hold their beer or fist or find the volume. JMramblingO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax
Back