GUILTY NJ - Autumn Pasquale, 12, Clayton, 20 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
??? Autumn's mother told police about suspicious Facebook messages???
Am I confused or has that story changed??

I believe that is a mistake. Every other source has named the boys' mother as the source of that information. This is a quote from "truTV Crime Library" I'm not even sure they count as MSM

I believe that is a mistake. Every other source has named the boys' mother as the source of that information. This is a quote from "truTV Crime Library" I'm not even sure they count as MSM

But it does reference nj.com and Philly.com it its article.

R.I.P. Autumn

And a question regarding the statement some here made that if she was killed before 9:30 pm nothing could have saved her - if the police received complaints about the boys in the morning and had checked it out right away, she could have been saved - right? She might not have gone to the boy's house or might have but they weren't there (because they might have been at the police station), or she might have arrived while police was also there .... I don't quite understand the reasoning that nothing could have saved her.

I doubt they would have even gotten to the house to check the boys out. As was mentioned; stolen bikes are not something the LE would drop everything & run over to check out; especially if things were crazy that day due to the game. Even if they did speak to them; she very well could have gone over there later or the next day. Would the 2 "juvenile's" get locked up for stolen bikes? Did they have a record?

I doubt they would have even gotten to the house to check the boys out. As was mentioned; stolen bikes are not something the LE would drop everything & run over to check out; especially if things were crazy that day due to the game. Even if they did speak to them; she very well could have gone over there later or the next day. Would the 2 "juvenile's" get locked up for stolen bikes? Did they have a record?

The poster was confused thinking the boys were questioned on SATURDAY but they were possibly questioned on SUNDAY.

R.I.P. Autumn

No, we haven't been given anything about autopsy results other than strangulation; blunt force trauma; and NOT sexual assault. However, I'm speculating that TOD may have been later than Saturday, because:
1. Uncle Paul was going to give a press conference about the condition of her body, but he never did. (I'm wondering what was interesting about her condition? What stopped him from talking about it?)
2. Uncle Paul has said that if LE had acted on tips or complaints on Saturday morning about the accused stealing bikes, that Autmn would still be with us
3. The family is having a "viewing" at he Funeral home.

just wanted to say that we have a "viewing" here even if the person is creamated. They put the urn/box whatever there as a casket would be and they put pictures up and the family is there just as if it would be an open casket viewing. We call it the same

2. Uncle Paul has said that if LE had acted on tips or complaints on Saturday morning about the accused stealing bikes, that Autmn would still be with us

I believe the "complaints" to which this is referring are the calls to police about these boys stealing bikes or bike parts. These are the calls made that Uncle Paul Spadafora has suggested would have resulted in a different outcome for Autumn had LE acted on them. FWIW - without knowing her TOD, it's hard to have a opinion on this.

Yes, that's true, it's not literally true that nothing could have saved her. If the investigators had gotten a search warrant and checked on the reports of stolen bikes or bike parts immediately, perhaps she would never have engaged with them that day. The point is I was trying to make is that we can't fault LE for not dashing over immediately to check on the complaints against the boys stealing bike parts, because Autumn wasn't reported missing until 9:30 pm. They would have had absolutely no reason to be concerned that the stolen bike parts and the missing girl were connected, because until 9:30, LE didn't know the girl was missing. So, when I say, "nothing could have saved her" what I really mean is: because her parents didn't report her missing until 9:30 at night the cops had no reason to think she needed saving. Anything that might have saved her before that would have been purely chance. Cops don't look at stolen bike reports and think, "Oh! We better get a warrant and get over there right away just in case these bike thieves are planning a murder!" That's unreasonable.

snipped and bold by me

zero pointed out that those complaints about the boys were made on Sunday, so even less likely that, if there had been an thourough immediate follow up by LE, they had led to saving Autumn.

Does anyone have a credible source for this (when they were made)?

just wanted to say that we have a "viewing" here even if the person is creamated. They put the urn/box whatever there as a casket would be and they put pictures up and the family is there just as if it would be an open casket viewing. We call it the same

Ah, interesting. Here we would distinguish between a "viewing" (open casket) and a "visitation," virtually anything else, but without an open casket.

ETA: FWIW, Wikipedia defines it the way I do: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viewing_(funeral)

zero pointed out that those complaints about the boys were made on Sunday, so even less likely that, if there had been an thourough immediate follow up by LE, they had led to saving Autumn.

Does anyone have a credible source for this (when they were made)?

I'm pretty positive that many articles stated Saturday & the ones that say Sunday were a different tip.

Do we know if the date of death is really Monday like this obituary says; or are they only saying Monday because it's when she was found?

2nd; I notice that her Godfather; Paul Spadafora is not listed in the obituary.

Autumns obituary on Barclay funeral home site

~Respectfully snipped
Autumn Leigh Pasquale on Monday, October 22, 2012. Age 12. Daughter of Anthony Michael Pasquale (girlfriend Cheryl Evans) and Jennifer Anne (nee Reilly) Cornwell (husband Gregory F. Cornwell). Sister of Anthony Jr. “AJ” and Natalie Pasquale. Step-sister of Jacquelyn Flores and Casey Cornwell. Granddaughter of Michael & Donna Reilly and Anthony & Mary Pasquale. Niece of Sharon Wagner (husband Jason), Rocco Pasquale, Marlene Peters (husband Garnell) and Mary Pasquale (partner Michael Rosario). Also survived by many great-aunts, great-uncles, and cousins.

_

Ah, interesting. Here we would distinguish between a "viewing" (open casket) and a "visitation," virtually anything else, but without an open casket.

ETA: FWIW, Wikipedia defines it the way I do: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viewing_(funeral)

Interesting here too. I have never heard of a visitation. Maybe it varies area to area. Maybe others from SJ will throw their:twocents: in

I'm pretty positive that many articles stated Saturday & the ones that say Sunday were a different tip.

I was part of search Nicholas the one that is stated as speaking with the boys was on Sunday

R.I.P. Autumn

Where I live (neighbor state of NJ), they say "visitation" when you go to a funeral home to pay your respects following a cremation. Urn is at front of room, typically with photos, memory boards, etc.

A "viewing" here is when there's a casket with the deceased inside.

FWIW

I was part of search Nicholas the one that is stated as speaking with the boys was on Sunday

R.I.P. Autumn

I looked for a while for a link about the reported bike thefts and couldn't find them. Zero, thanks so much for all your inside info on this case. Is it possible that the tip came in about the stolen bikes, on Saturday, but that, the interview didn't happen until Sunday, and that's part of the complaint?

Do we know if the date of death is really Monday like this obituary says;[/I] or are they only saying Monday because it's when she was found?

2nd; I notice that her Godfather; Paul Spadafora is not listed in the obituary.

Autumns obituary on Barclay funeral home site
~Respectfully snipped
Autumn Leigh Pasquale on Monday, October 22, 2012. Age 12. Daughter of Anthony Michael Pasquale (girlfriend Cheryl Evans) and Jennifer Anne (nee Reilly) Cornwell (husband Gregory F. Cornwell). Sister of Anthony Jr. “AJ” and Natalie Pasquale. Step-sister of Jacquelyn Flores and Casey Cornwell. Granddaughter of Michael & Donna Reilly and Anthony & Mary Pasquale. Niece of Sharon Wagner (husband Jason), Rocco Pasquale, Marlene Peters (husband Garnell) and Mary Pasquale (partner Michael Rosario). Also survived by many great-aunts, great-uncles, and cousins.

_

No, we don't know. They have not given a TOD. However, I have been speculating that it is later than Saturday. I think it's possible that they held her. And that she may have been alive during the search. It's a horrible thought, but honestly not much would make the circumstances of Autumn's death better.

The fact that they used Monday as her date of death is further support for my hunch that she was not killed on Saturday. (Quoting myself :blushing: )My original list of reasons, with new notes added to update:

No, we haven't been given anything about autopsy results other than strangulation; blunt force trauma; and NOT sexual assault. However, I'm speculating that TOD may have been later than Saturday, because:
1. Uncle Paul was going to give a press conference about the condition of her body, but he never did. (I'm wondering what was interesting about her condition? What stopped him from talking about it?)

This hasn't changed, I still think it's interesting, and suggestive of a later TOD

There is some debate about this. Zero says the interviews about these tips were conducted on Sunday with Nicholas. But some reports have said the complaints themselves were filed on Saturday. I haven't been able to find links to say when the stolen bike report came in. If anyone has that info link us all up, please!

Thank you [correction added below], you have now posted a link indicating that the casket was indeed closed so that clue of mine is no longer valid, but we have the obituary stating the date of death as Monday. (linked & quoted above) I am sticking with my hunch. It's very possible she was kept alive for some time. :(

ETA: it was letsgostate that found the link about the closed casket, my apologies:
FWIW I've only ever heard the term "viewing," no matter if it's open/closed casket or a cremation. According to the Gloucester County Times, Autumn had a closed casket:
http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2012/10/autumn_pasquale_funeral_viewin.html

Thoughts?

My best friend died of a drug overdose in 1998 and had been dead for several days. His date of death listed as the day he was found even though it was obvious he may have been dead for close to a week.

I'm thinking an unattended death may default to date of discovery for the purposes of death certificate and obits.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stella Stiletto
Back