GUILTY NJ - Autumn Pasquale, 12, Clayton, 20 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder why it was denied?

I think everyone is waiting on the hearing that will determine if they are waived up to adult court.

As juveniles they are not given an opportunity to even discuss bail, so they remain incarcerated.

I think once the determination on which court they'll be tried in is made, things will move much quicker and the issue of hair samples will be revisited.

All in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Autumn Pasquale official website

Some how this story was missed the other day. With no news about the case; it's hard to figure out what's going on. They talk about hair then mention DNA profiling.

If anyone is up to writing letters; Nancy Grace; the governor of NJ & the prosecutors office. I'm hearing that they are worried the brothers will get tried as juveniles & be out in 1-3 years. More heat is needed to get them tried as adults

Closed hearing held for youths in Autumn Pasquale killing January 05, 2013
The nature of the hearing or any possible outcome was not disclosed.

An attorney for the victim's father told the South Jersey Times beforehand that it involved a defense motion to bar law enforcement officials from taking hair samples for DNA comparison.

The lawyer, Doug Long of Woodbury, declined to comment after the two-hour hearing.

http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981834627

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

I think this is the link Linda tried to leave?

Not sure why link keeps erasing- not sure if WS does not allow this source?
This is what it says-
Autumn Pasquale Update: No Hair Sampling for Suspects

In their most recent court appearance on Thursday, Family Division Superior Court Judge Colleen Maier decided she would not allow hair samples to be taken from the two teenage boys. Why not? Why would a judge say this kind of testing is not allowed in this case? Wouldn't it be useful to have access to all the information before trying two teens for murder?

There has not been much media attention to this case since the discovery of Autumn Pasquale's body. Usually, there is a flood of information about the perpetrator, the victim, the families, and anyone who knows anyone involved, but this case has been essentially silent, even before the media block.

Code:
http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981834627

My opinion; the article didn't say anything that we haven't already posted from reputable news sites. It says the site is "where millions of people come for fresh perspectives on what's happening" sounds like they see something in the news; put in their own words & post it. Sounds like WS doesn't see them as a reputable news source.

In this case; Why not? Why would a judge say this kind of testing is not allowed in this case? Wouldn't it be useful to have access to all the information before trying two teens for murder?

If I took off the news. & posted the rest of the URL to .com; it still changes

Does anyone know how much time they would get if charged as juveniles?

Teen Brothers Charged in Death of NJ Girl Tuesday, Nov 6, 2012

The boys are charged with first degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder, disposal of a body, tampering of evidence and theft. Justin is also charged with one count of luring.

As long as nothing has changed in the last 10 years... They can only be detained until age 18 if tried as juveniles. If they're tried in juvenile court they don't have the right to bail or a jury trial. They would probably go to Jamesburg if found guilty.

If tried as adults I believe the standard is 30 yrs for first degree murder.

I have not seen the petition online until today; has anyone else seen it? According to what I read; it's been around since late October :(

Can we get another 300+ sigs quickly?

I have not seen the petition online until today; has anyone else seen it? According to what I read; it's been around since late October :(

Can we get another 300+ sigs quickly?

I just signed it. I did not know about the petition either. Thanks for posting the link.

NJ wants to NOT try juveniles as adults. I found article on how law was just changed in an article dated September 12, 2012

Trying juveniles as adults will become tougher, N.J. Supreme Court rules

Prosecutors must meet a tougher test before they can try juveniles as adults, giving younger offenders more power to avoid being sent to prison, the state Supreme Court ruled today.

In a 3-2 decision, the court also said prosecutors must explain why trying a juvenile as an adult would better deter that person, as well as others, from committing future crimes.

Juvenile justice advocates hailed the decision as an acknowledgement of the negative consequences of putting young offenders in prison with adult criminals.

They said imprisoning young people as adults creates a permanent criminal record, which makes it difficult for offenders to get a job or take out a loan. The advocates also said juveniles in adult facilities are more likely to commit suicide or be physically and sexually abused.

So sad

Autumn Pasquale's murder: mom sues dad over memorial fund

The mother of Autumn Pasquale, a 12-year-old Clayton girl who was killed in October; is suing her ex-husband, saying he’s taken full control of the memorial fund set up in their daughter’s honor.

Mom Jennfier Cornwell's lawyers tell The Associated Press that Autumn's father, Anthony Pasquale, designed and ordered the headstone for their 12-year-old daughter’s grave without consulting her.

Looks like there is more to the story :(

Divorced parents of brutally murdered girl, 12, squabble over $100K memorial fund donated by heartbroken community 2/6/13

~Snip~
The divorced parents of Autumn Pasquale are squabbling over $100,000 in memorial donations three months after their 12-year-old daughter was brutally murdered.

Heartbroken members of the community in Clayton, New Jersey, donated the money - first to secure a reward when Autumn went missing on October 20, and later to pay for funeral expenses after her body was found stuffed in a recycling bin at a neighbor's house.

Autumn's mother Jennifer Cornwell filed a lawsuit against her ex-husband Anthony Pasquale this week after he removed her name from the memorial fund bank acount, which has about $85,000 remaining.

She is asking a judge to give her half the money and order Anthony Pasquale to stop making decisions about Autumn's grave site and headstone without her.

Ms Cornwell, says her ex-husband, Mr Pasquale, took Cornwell’s name off the memorial fund bank account that they had agreed to control together to pay for their daughter’s funeral, legal expenses and help with the college education for their two surviving children.

Autumn Pasquale's murder case transferred to Camden County due to conflict

~snip~
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office has handed the AP murder case to Camden County after family members of the slain 12-year-old filed suit against the office that is prosecuting the brothers accused of killing her.

“While the preference of the Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office would be to continue prosecuting to conclusion ... it is no longer possible for it to do so,” the prosecutor's office said in a statement released Wednesday by Bernie Weisenfeld, Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office spokesman.

The in-county prosecution of the murder case will be moved to Camden County due to the Pasquale family’s “decision to hire a civil attorney who has since filed notice of a potential civil law suit against the office."

Gloucester County Prosecutor Sean Dalton made a request to the the New Jersey Attorney General’s Division of Criminal Justice to transfer the case due to a potential conflict.

Autumn Pasquale's murder: father sued by mother over slain girl's memorial fund - Update February 07, 2013

What a mess!

Cornwell’s lawsuit also requests that Pasquale provide an accounting of all fund assets and distributions; that all donor contributions be split evenly between Cornwell and Pasquale; and that any future fundraising monies be split evenly between Autumn’s mother and father in separate memorial funds. In addition, Cornwell is asking a judge to direct the parties to agree on the use of the funds in separate memorial accounts, including funeral expenses, the headstone, college expenses for Autumn’s surviving siblings, and legal expenses in connection with the prosecution of the girl’s alleged killers.

The Fulton Bank memorial account was opened in October by Pasquale, who later added Cornwell as a co-signer on the account.

Cornwell discovered that her name had been removed from the account on Dec. 14, days before a benefit concert was held in her daughter’s name. The $15,500 raised for the Autumn Pasquale Memorial Fund has not been deposited into the account, according to court documents.

Cornwell’s suit acknowledges Long’s January request to turn the proceeds over to Pasquale for deposit into the account. After Pasquale refused to reinstate Cornwell as a co-signer, the lawsuit claims “Jennifer had no choice but to seek the court’s intervention.”

It's sad that it is coming to this. Devastating to lose a child; now the only ones getting rich are the attorneys.

Who is paying the attorneys for the parents to fight each other in court? According to the last story I posted (after I originally wrote this) fathers attorney is pro bono; which I'm sorry but I don't see that lasting.

I don't speak for anyone here but I would be pissed if my donation was being used like this. I would have rather seen there be an impartial person controlling it to start; it be used for legal fees on the case; then any left over; donated back to the community for other parents of missing kids :(

So the father removed her mom from the account; the world doesn't know their personal business; but IMO it looks bad to fight back & throw insults at her. Father IMO should have stepped back & said let's put someone on to manage it. An accounting of it wouldn't be a bad idea IMO

Long also claimed the suit was initiated after Cornwell was informed that fund monies would no longer pay her legal fees to Kaigh. Long works on a pro bono basis for Pasquale.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503
Back