GUILTY NJ - Autumn Pasquale, 12, Clayton, 20 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thinking of Autumn today.

Does anyone know when the trial is supposed to start?

Thinking of Autumn today.

Does anyone know when the trial is supposed to start?

I haven't seen anything in MSM. Yesterday I was on a Facebook page for another missing person, and someone had made a post mentioning that there was just a hearing in Autumn's case. Is the press not covering this any longer because it's a juvenile case? Or was that a false rumor? Any locals have info?

I haven't seen anything in MSM. Yesterday I was on a Facebook page for another missing person, and someone had made a post mentioning that there was just a hearing in Autumn's case. Is the press not covering this any longer because it's a juvenile case? Or was that a false rumor? Any locals have info?

I'm local. I've heard very little, nothing about any hearings and what I've heard is about the behavior of one in detention. I can't post here other than to say its quite concerning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county...d_waiver_hearing_for_juvenile_defendants.html

“We are looking at waiving the defendants and that hasn’t happened yet,” prosecutor’s office spokesman Jason Laughlin said Tuesday. “That is where the court activity is moving towards.”

A waiver hearing date has not yet been set, however, a detention hearing is set for July 24 for juveniles Justin and Dante Robinson, who are held at the pre-trial Camden County Youth Facility.

Thanks Linda; glad to see the story. I've been seeing so many FB posts about Autumn since the Zimmerman trial that have really made my blood boil. It seems people have been saying whatever they want without even knowing what's going on. Most of us know the reason they have not gone on trial is due to the lawsuit against the DA's office. I'm sure everyone is dotting their i's and crossing their T's.

Autumn Pasquale: Clayton mayor says borough 'won't ever forget' her murder

Although the news vans and state police choppers have long disappeared from the borough, the community that launched a massive days-long search for the Clayton Middle School student last fall is still healing, Mayor Tom Bianco said Friday.

“I would say she’s still in the back of everyone’s mind,” he said. “How do you deal with something like that?”........

..........That Monday night police had found the girls remains — strangled and beaten — in a recycling container on an abandoned property.....

..... Since the Robinsons’ October arrest, court hearings have been ongoing, but almost silenced. The brothers are being processed through juvenile court, which is usually closed to the public and media. The Camden County Prosecutor’s Office, which took over the case in February, is preparing arguments for moving the brothers up to open adult court. ...

.... Plus, Family Division Superior Court Judge Colleen Maier has a strict gag order prohibiting any parties associated with the case from talking to the press.

As court proceedings quietly press on, borough organizations haven’t been so tight-lipped about honoring Autumn with memorial scholarship fundraisers, and other activities that let her legacy live on.

“Everyone is cognizant that her father and mother are still grieving the loss of their daughter,” Bianco said. “You see Anthony. He’s quiet. You can tell it still pains him.”....

One post going around FB This is Autumn Pasquale a young girl who could have your daughter, Neice. She was murdered by two African American boys, brothers. Her body was stuffed in a garbage can. This was not considered a racist killing and still no action has come for the boys. Do I believe Trevon should have died, no, not by any means.. But my question is, why had not Autumns murder made so public? Where is the justice for this poor life taken way too soon on purpose?? Not by accident. This girl was murdered for her bicycle. It could have happened to anyone of my young nieces, or your daughter... I say we need justice for all, not just certain ones. Did our President speak out on her behalf?? No.

Thanks Linda.
I wonder that if the parents didn't sue the DA; this case would be in adult court by now.

Autumn Pasquale murder: Clayton brother pleads guilty in adult court

JR- 16, admitted to strangling Clayton Middle School student Autumn Pasquale after pleading guilty Wednesday to aggravated manslaughter, according to law enforcement sources.

Robinson, who was 15 when he was arrested with his then-17-year-old brother Donte for the October murder, was "voluntarily waived to adult court" in a hearing this morning. He immediately entered his guilty plea before Judge Walter Marshall Jr. and "admitted to choking to death Autumn Pasquale," according to sources.

...carries a prison term of 17 years, of which 85 percent must be served before parole eligibility. JR, is set to be sentenced in September. Hearing only focused on him; not his brother...

To say I feel sick over the plea agreement is a huge understatement. :(

14 -17 years max for a first degree murder. Pathetic.

To say I feel sick over the plea agreement is a huge understatement. :(

14 -17 years max for a first degree murder. Pathetic.

:( Wonder what his brother will get...

I didn't have time to read when I posted; was on my way out; caught it on my neighbors FB wall; rushed to the puter to get it posted.

Autumn Sky FB post - First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who has given us constant prayer and words of support. We cannot thank everyone enough for the encouragement, and the continued prayer. Thank you. Also a special thank to GOD for his constant guidance, protection, grace, love, and mercy. Our prayers has been answered, we would like to inform you that JR was waive to adult court sentencing @ Sept 12 at 9am. Please share from my page.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/07/nj-teen-bike/2629187/

Under a plea agreement, Robinson faces a 17-year prison sentence with no chance of parole for more than 14 years. Faulk said that if the case had remained in juvenile court, the maximum sentence would have been 20 years, but he would have a chance of parole in less than seven years.

God bless Autumn, her family, and also the Mother of these two teenagers - she had the courage to speak up and make what had to be horrific and life altering decisions herself:

"Authorities had credited a tip from the suspects' mother with helping them solve the case. They said she saw something in one of their Facebook postings that gave her cause to call police. The call led them to the body and her sons."

Not enough time---would have liked minimum of 25 years--also this was at the least a 2nd degree murder case---not manslaughter. Am bummed out!!!!

Autumn Pasquale's father 'sat and listened' to guilty plea; killer faces 17 years in prison

Little more than 10 feet separated JR from Autumn Pasquale’s father in an open Gloucester County courtroom Wednesday morning when R, now 16, pleaded guilty to choking the pre-teen to death in October.

“He sat there and listened,” said Doug Long, attorney and spokesman for Anthony Pasquale, Autumn’s father.

Until Wednesday, all juvenile court proceedings in the murder case had been conducted behind locked courtroom doors. DR's charges are still pending in closed juvenile court in Gloucester County.

Before a small crowd Wednesday — including Autumn’s parents, her godfather Paul Spadafora, and JR’s mother and stepfather — a shackled R appeared in open court for the first time to enter his plea.

In an 11 a.m. closed juvenile court hearing before Family Division Superior Court Judge Colleen Maier, R was voluntarily waived to open adult court.

An hour later, the Clayton teen was before Superior Court Judge Walter Marshall to plead guilty to aggravated manslaughter, which, as part of his plea agreement, could carry a maximum prison sentence of 17 years

“While evidence strongly pointed to the fact Autumn Pasquale was murdered in the family home,” Faulk said, “proving without reasonable doubt he was the killer would have been difficult” without the teenager’s admission of guilt.

Autumn Pasquale's father 'sat and listened' to guilty plea; killer faces 17 years in prison

Little more than 10 feet separated JR from Autumn Pasquale’s father in an open Gloucester County courtroom Wednesday morning when R, now 16, pleaded guilty to choking the pre-teen to death in October.

“He sat there and listened,” said Doug Long, attorney and spokesman for Anthony Pasquale, Autumn’s father.

Until Wednesday, all juvenile court proceedings in the murder case had been conducted behind locked courtroom doors. DR's charges are still pending in closed juvenile court in Gloucester County.

Before a small crowd Wednesday — including Autumn’s parents, her godfather Paul Spadafora, and JR’s mother and stepfather — a shackled R appeared in open court for the first time to enter his plea.

In an 11 a.m. closed juvenile court hearing before Family Division Superior Court Judge Colleen Maier, R was voluntarily waived to open adult court.

An hour later, the Clayton teen was before Superior Court Judge Walter Marshall to plead guilty to aggravated manslaughter, which, as part of his plea agreement, could carry a maximum prison sentence of 17 years

“While evidence strongly pointed to the fact Autumn Pasquale was murdered in the family home,” Faulk said, “proving without reasonable doubt he was the killer would have been difficult” without the teenager’s admission of guilt.

I don't think it would be difficult at all to prove.
Camden county didn't want to spend the money it would cost to take it to trial, IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back