GUILTY NJ - Autumn Pasquale, 12, Clayton, 20 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Autumn's Sky FB Update -Older brother remains detained. Next date for hearing is Sept 18 @ 11am. Sentencing for JR is Thursday September 12th @ 9am on 3rd floor in Adult Court @ Gloucester Justice Complex opened to the public and media

Almost forgot to post this.

Autumn Pasquale murder: Judge sentences Justin Robinson to 17 years

A judge sentenced JR to 17 years behind bars on Thursday for the aggravated manslaughter of Autumn Pasquale, a 12-year-old girl whose life was cut short when her body was found stuffed into a recycling bin near the boy's Clayton home.

..."I'm sorry and I never meant for this to happen," said JR, who showed little emotion during the sentencing.

So, the theory of the courts is that a 15-y-o lifted the dead body of a 12-y-o into a recycling container single-handedly? Not only that, he transported Autumn's body from the basement of his home to the property next door where he placed her body in the container, without assistance? Was he a weight-lifter? In pictures, JR doesn't look that big or that muscular.

IMHO, someone must have helped JR get Autumn's body from the basement of his home to the property next door and into the recycling container which, approximated from pictures, sits about 4' off the ground and has a circumference of less than 3'. I can accept that JR acted alone in murdering Autumn, but the idea that he acted alone in disposing of the body is irrational. If DR had nothing to do with the crime, there is someone else involved. :moo:

Autumn's Sky FB · 3,597 like this 16 hours ago - Thank you all that supported and prayed, we are lost for words right now. I want to let you know DR walked today.

So, the theory of the courts is that a 15-y-o lifted the dead body of a 12-y-o into a recycling container single-handedly? Not only that, he transported Autumn's body from the basement of his home to the property next door where he placed her body in the container, without assistance? Was he a weight-lifter? In pictures, JR doesn't look that big or that muscular.

IMHO, someone must have helped JR get Autumn's body from the basement of his home to the property next door and into the recycling container which, approximated from pictures, sits about 4' off the ground and has a circumference of less than 3'. I can accept that JR acted alone in murdering Autumn, but the idea that he acted alone in disposing of the body is irrational. If DR had nothing to do with the crime, there is someone else involved. :moo:

My thoughts exactly. I doubt he could carry her himself...

If their containers are like ours; it's possible he used the container on his own property; probably wheeled it next door & took the neighbors container back to his house. Ours is pretty large; 38" tall; front to back 2ft 21" wide.

Hope you don't mind me copying text over; some articles end up being pay to read.

Autumn Pasquale killing: Dante Robinson released from jail, pleads guilty to obstruction

In afternoon court proceedings, DR, of Clayton, pleaded to fourth-degree obstruction in Family Division Superior Court Judge Colleen Maier’s courtroom. The teen, who has been in the Camden County Youth Correction Facility since last fall, was sentenced to six months in jail and released with time served, according to a confidential source.

“DR was released from custody today. He admitted no crime,” said Chris Hoffner, the teen’s attorney on behalf of the family. “This confirms what we always knew. He did not hurt the decedent and was not involved in her death or the moving of her body. People may not want to believe it, but the truth prevailed today, and he is home.”

.... Autumn’s father Anthony Pasquale would not comment on his release.

“Mr. Pasquale respects the court’s order,” said Doug Long, Anthony Pasquale’s attorney who would not make additional comments about the obstruction plea or his release.

Poll: In Autumn Pasqaule case, was a plea deal the right decision?

poll question - Prosecutors reached a plea agreement in the killing of 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale. Is a guaranteed conviction a better outcome than risking an acquittal?
No 74.12% (63 votes)
Yes 22.35% (19 votes)
Undecided 3.53% (3 votes)
Total Votes: 85

The Camden County Prosecutor's Office said they did not have enough evidence to prove at trial -- beyond a reasonable doubt -- that J killed her.

Had the case stayed in juvenile court, J would have faced a maximum sentence of 20 years and could have been out in seven -- if convicted at all.

D's lawyer said on Tuesday that his plea deal "confirms what we always knew."

"D did not hurt the decedent and was not involved in her death or the moving of her body," Chris Hoffner said.

News of the plea deal for D sparked a public outrage on NJ.com and on social media sites on Tuesday.

Here's what some of the commenters are saying:

If there is evidence he was not involved, let's see it!!!!

I'm still more than a little annoyed with her family slamming every agency that came together in effort to find her. It was nothing short of massive and remarkable.

Gloucester County prosecutor 'wanted to finish' Autumn Pasquale murder case: http://bitly.com/19I9PFM

“We wanted to complete the work we began,” Dalton said. “On behalf of the men and women of law enforcement who participated in this investigation, I want to provide the facts that the public has the right to know.”

“We couldn’t prevent the death of Autumn Pasquale because she was killed approximately six hours before she was ever reported missing,” Dalton said, putting the girl’s time of death near 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 20 — an hour after the teen sent a text to Justin Robinson for directions to his house.

“The juvenile process is completely different than the adult process in its purpose,” Dalton said, noting that the juvenile justice system’s purpose is “to rehabilitate” minors.

Dalton’s office initiated work to waive the teenagers to adult court. Camden County officials said they would continue to push forward with the waiver. Justin Robinson's case was waived voluntarily to adult court as part of a plea agreement.

Last month Camden County Prosecutor Warren Faulk said it would have been difficult to successfully prosecute to a guilty verdict in this case without Justin Robinson’s confession. There was a lack of physical, forensic evidence, Faulk said at a news conference.

While Dalton said he could not comment on Camden County’s prosecution of the case, the sentences, or if he would have pushed for the same plea agreements, Dalton did confirm “there wasn’t any DNA evidence” found at the Robinson’s home-turned-murder scene.

Investigators believe the girl’s body was moved late Saturday night or early Sunday morning from the basement to the blue recycling bin in a side yard next door, as indicated by recycling bin drag marks in the grass in the Robinson’s yard, Dalton said.

I don't know how I feel about this yet...

Autumn Pasquale’s dad files lawsuit against her killer’s parents: If you raise a murderer, you’re going to pay
Justin Robinson, the Clayton, N.J., teen who murdered Autumn Pasquale, is serving a 17-year prison sentence. Dad Anthony Pasquale has filed a civil lawsuit against Robinson's parents, Anita Saunders and Alonzo Robinson, saying they were negligent in raising their son.

Pasquale claimed that Justin’s parents should have realized that their child “posed a risk to third parties” and needed to be treated for emotional, psychological and neurodevelopmental problems after witnessing domestic abuse in his home.

The lawsuit also said that the parents knew or should have known that their son was “possibly engaging in the theft of bicycles,” before Autumn was murdered in Oct. 2012.

And it was Justin’s mom, Anita Saunders, who called the cops on her son after noticing a strange post on the boy’s Facebook.

But that’s not enough for Autumn’s heartbroken father.

He filed one count of negligent supervision against the parents and another count of wrongful death in Gloucester County's Superior Court on Sept. 23.

"Saunders had a duty to reasonably supervise the actions of her son ... [and] could reasonably have foreseen that without proper treatment and proper supervision that her son, defendant J. Robinson, posed a risk to third parties," the lawsuit said.

Autumn’s dad is reportedly seeking compensation for the pain and suffering he had to endure, as well as for the child’s funeral and burial expenses.

Attorney Bonczyk said that her client wanted to raise awareness and answer the family’s questions about what happened to Autumn.

"Our objective is to depose all of these defendants, to sit across from [Justin] in jail and say, 'what happened that day?' To ask Anita Saunders, 'what happened that day? ... and how they raised Justin, his control and supervision," Bonczyk said.

The lawyer also hopes that the suit will catch the attention of lawmakers and possibly encourage a law that would hold the parents of juvenile offenders liable in criminal court.

'If you're going to raise a murderer, you're going to take responsibility:' Murdered girl's family sues juvenile killer's parents

Justin Robinson, 16, was sentenced this month to 17 years in prison for 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale's death
Justin lured her to his house in New Jersey just a couple blocks from her home with a promise to exchange bike parts and strangled her to death
Autumn's father, Anthony Pasquale, has filed a lawsuit against Robinson's parents claiming negligence
Pasquale claims in the lawsuit that Robinson's parents should have known that their son was troubled and should have sought treatment for him

I don't know how I feel about this yet...

Autumn Pasquale’s dad files lawsuit against her killer’s parents: If you raise a murderer, you’re going to pay
Justin Robinson, the Clayton, N.J., teen who murdered Autumn Pasquale, is serving a 17-year prison sentence. Dad Anthony Pasquale has filed a civil lawsuit against Robinson's parents, Anita Saunders and Alonzo Robinson, saying they were negligent in raising their son.

Pasquale claimed that Justin’s parents should have realized that their child “posed a risk to third parties” and needed to be treated for emotional, psychological and neurodevelopmental problems after witnessing domestic abuse in his home.

The lawsuit also said that the parents knew or should have known that their son was “possibly engaging in the theft of bicycles,” before Autumn was murdered in Oct. 2012.

And it was Justin’s mom, Anita Saunders, who called the cops on her son after noticing a strange post on the boy’s Facebook.

But that’s not enough for Autumn’s heartbroken father.

He filed one count of negligent supervision against the parents and another count of wrongful death in Gloucester County's Superior Court on Sept. 23.

"Saunders had a duty to reasonably supervise the actions of her son ... [and] could reasonably have foreseen that without proper treatment and proper supervision that her son, defendant J. Robinson, posed a risk to third parties," the lawsuit said.

Autumn’s dad is reportedly seeking compensation for the pain and suffering he had to endure, as well as for the child’s funeral and burial expenses.

Attorney Bonczyk said that her client wanted to raise awareness and answer the family’s questions about what happened to Autumn.

"Our objective is to depose all of these defendants, to sit across from [Justin] in jail and say, 'what happened that day?' To ask Anita Saunders, 'what happened that day? ... and how they raised Justin, his control and supervision," Bonczyk said.

The lawyer also hopes that the suit will catch the attention of lawmakers and possibly encourage a law that would hold the parents of juvenile offenders liable in criminal court.

'If you're going to raise a murderer, you're going to take responsibility:' Murdered girl's family sues juvenile killer's parents

Justin Robinson, 16, was sentenced this month to 17 years in prison for 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale's death
Justin lured her to his house in New Jersey just a couple blocks from her home with a promise to exchange bike parts and strangled her to death
Autumn's father, Anthony Pasquale, has filed a lawsuit against Robinson's parents claiming negligence
Pasquale claims in the lawsuit that Robinson's parents should have known that their son was troubled and should have sought treatment for him

IMO he needs to stop. Grieve and focus his energy in a positive way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

IMO he needs to stop. Grieve and focus his energy in a positive way.

Agree. Mom turned her sons in. Let's not discourage other parents from doing the right thing in that kind of situation.

Agree. Mom turned her sons in. Let's not discourage other parents from doing the right thing in that kind of situation.

I'm still reeling from dad attacking law enforcement. The response from Clayton and every surrounding town was nothing short of miraculous! That upset me. I know he's a victim, but he needs to stop blaming everyone and get into grief counseling ASAP.
One person was responsible and was caught in short order and his daughter found. Thanks to the killers mother and law enforcement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back