GUILTY NJ - Autumn Pasquale, 12, Clayton, 20 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My best friend died of a drug overdose in 1998 and had been dead for several days. His date of death listed as the day he was found even though it was obvious he may have been dead for close to a week.

I'm thinking an unattended death may default to date of discovery for the purposes of death certificate and obits.

As I recall, there was discussion about the date of death given on JonBenet Ramsey's tombstone. Her official date of death was December 26th, when she was found, but the headstone reads 25th, IIRC, which lead to speculation that her parents knew she was killed before midnight.

It makes sense that an official TOD would be when a person is found. I believe with emergency cases, when resucitation is attempted, a person may be deceased for several minutes before official TOD is called. So, anything is possible.

what i noticed about LE's way of dealing with problem kids. - is they often let the small stuff ride, theft etc - because they really can't do much- do'snt mean the cop are not paying attention, its just they wait till the kids become of age and get them bigtime.

a few of those kids, their parents have given me, or they're kicked to the curb and they end up on my couch or floor. the problem with alot of kids is they end up with a reputation, and the get stuck with it, they become what people or their peers expect of them.
I'd lay bets that this was an accident, 3 kids lost their life that moment, and all it takes is a moment, a couple of seconds.
I saw the vid of the mom walking behind her kids, what more can you ask of her.
JMO MOO

That's the problem. With things like bike theft of a minor, that wouldn't be considered priority for LE. Depends on what else was going on that day that needed their attention. At the time, Autumn's family didn't even know she was missing when the complaint about stolen bikes/parts came in and there was no way for LE to link it to a missing pre-teen before she was reported missing. So I think it's unfair to vilify LE for not going great guns on the stolen bike complaint in relationship to Autumn. That's Monday morning quarterbacking in my opinion.

Now that we KNOW it was linked, it's easy to say that had LE acted on those reports, Autumn could have been saved. We don't know that, we will never know that.

As for her TOD, until the autopsy report is done and made public, we don't know that either. Another thing we might never know if they decide TOD is the day she was found and not the day she may have been killed.

lets not play - what is mom saying

Pasquale, 12, initiated the Facebook conversation when she saw a photo that J***** R********, 15, had posted of his BMX motocross bike, New Jersey's Star-Ledger newspaper reports.

"Is that ur bike?" she wrote.

"Yeupp," he responded.

"Thts sexy!" Pasquale wrote.

"lol thxx," R******** replied. "... yes. cme 2 my house."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20642162,00.html

Thanks, so much Jaycee, friendly reminder, that you may want to edit your post to remove JRs name. :)

I was part of search Nicholas the one that is stated as speaking with the boys was on Sunday

And I know that Saturday was mentioned & guess what? I just found it...

A family member of Autumn Pasquale's who asked not to be identified said complaints had been made to police as recently as Saturday that stolen bikes were at the boys' house. Dalton declined to comment on bike thefts in the neighborhood.

Alleged killer "liked" "Find Autumn Pasquale" Facebook page

BBM

Here's what I take out of what he's saying. Is he blaming the search procedure or the LE in general. Because there was a specific tip/complaint about the JR and DR stealing bikes the morning of Saturday before she went there. Had cops showed up with a warrant about the stolen bikes they most likely wouldn't have had a chance to see her and kill her.

Sunday

Autumn Pasquale family calls for Attorney General's investigation

The Pasquale family is also claiming that the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office personnel — which were staged 1.5 miles from the borough’s downtown — were slow to follow-up on information from a civilian command center run by Joe Nicholas, a highly-experienced now-retired police officer who trained K-9s for missing persons investigations. Nicholas, of Pittsgrove, was stationed at a command center at the Clayton Municipal Building.

Spadafora claims Nicholas was collecting leads at the downtown command post and turning the information over to the prosecutors office.

According to Spadafora, Nicholas went so far as to speak with Donte and Justin Robinson at the Clayton Police Station. Nicholas asked the Clayton boys to “just tell the truth,” Spadafora claimed, adding the boys walked out of the police station because “up the street,” the prosecutor “had no clue” that the brothers could be involved.

But she was long dead by the time she went missing. I don't get his point. Or do they believe the brothers held her for some time before killing her? Is there anything to indicate she did not die on Saturday afternoon/early evening, long before the father called police?

i don't have facebook, my child does, but if anything in our circle goes sideways-damn i don't wont to end up on WS

if you state "rumor" or any of those special words, its probably ok

I just read it now.I didnt really take it as odd. I cant imagine being in her shoes either. Even IF (and I dont know her to say she did or didnt) make some bad parenting mistakes ,I doubt she ever expected this....That being said ,I have ZERO compassion for the boys.

I just read it now.I didnt really take it as odd. I cant imagine being in her shoes either. Even IF (and I dont know her to say she did or didnt) make some bad parenting mistakes ,I doubt she ever expected this....That being said ,I have ZERO compassion for the boys.

oh def not judging her parenting. You can be a great parent and you can still have a child that will make poor decisions.

oh def not judging her parenting. You can be a great parent and you can still have a child that will make poor decisions.

I completely agree.I just took her post more as she's been catching the "flak" for it from "friends". I didnt take it really as her defending their actions.....I guess I just expected much worse when I saw that she had posted today.

Originally Posted by yrmfp

I'm not judging her parenting either - she could have been the most perfect mother in the world and her boys may still have killed someone. I felt like her FB post read a little like "I'm a good mother, don't judge me, this is hard for me too" - which is true, I can't even imagine what she's going through right now - I just felt like the tone of the post was a little defensive and in poor taste to post on the day of Autumn's funeral.

I'm not judging her parenting either - she could have been the most perfect mother in the world and her boys may still have killed someone. I felt like her FB post read a little like "I'm a good mother, don't judge me, this is hard for me too" - which is true, I can't even imagine what she's going through right now - I just felt like the tone of the post was a little defensive and in poor taste to post on the day of Autumn's funeral.

I saw it out of context. Was it on her own wall? If so, then I think it's her wall. I don't think it was insensitive of her to address her personal audience this way, and I agree with the general sentiment of other posters that this must be a nightmare for her. I feel awful for her. Her heart must be broken too. They were her sons, and from the sound of their reputation no one could have seen this coming, even with the history of theft. Murder is a whole'nuther league.

I saw it out of context. Was it on her own wall? If so, then I think it's her wall. I don't think it was insensitive of her to address her personal audience this way, and I agree with the general sentiment of other posters that this must be a nightmare for her. I feel awful for her. Her heart must be broken too. They were her sons, and from the sound of their reputation no one could have seen this coming, even with the history of theft. Murder is a whole'nuther league.

Yes was on her wall.I'd assume today emotions are running at the highest.I just didnt see anything wrong with the post itself.I feel like we are all lookiing for someone else to blaime but reality is these 2 boys killed Autumn for a freakin BIKE. Looking at the fb pics on moms page I honestly think they had her fooled somewhat.
***As I type this I feel like Im somewhat "betraying" Autumn (who I obviously never knew) but I think we just want to hate and blaime everyone associated.

This x1000. I live in a town very similar to Clayton, and we have a lot of petty crime (small thefts, mailbox vandalism, etc). I would NEVER expect a murder here. I don't think anyone would say it's a logical leap from stealing bikes to homicide.

For anyone who couldn't make it to the funeral for Autumn today and would like to watch, here is the funeral procession:

[video=youtube;BYk2jx4GiyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYk2jx4GiyY&feature=share&list=UUy4Le6F0HAGWTDKpopykINw[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mili
Back