GUILTY NJ - Autumn Pasquale, 12, Clayton, 20 Oct 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What a wonderful tribute to Autumn and her family. That is very nice of the city of Clayton to do that :)

I think that's absolutely lovely. The town won't forget the story or her name ever. As the years go buy her memory will be immortalized and associated with happy times people enjoy on the trail, and surrounded by beauty. What a nice way to put a positive spin on how she is remembered.

View attachment 28163

RIP sweet girl.....gone way too soon

To Zero: Thank you for all your hard work while you were out there searching for Autumn. I hope you find some peace knowing that she is in the hands of the Lord. :angel:

Had some other cases that I was assigned to. Had to detach from this. But rumors on my side is they have strong belief that they will be tried as adults.

R.I.P. Autumn

The Clayton bike trail is going to be renamed to the "Autumn Pasquale Bike Trail".

http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2012/11/clayton_bike_trail_to_be_named.html

My 1st thought was what Zero mentioned with her obituary & how her love of her bike was not mentioned.

I'm sorry, that is always creepy to me. What child is going to want to ride on a trail named for a girl who was murdered for her bike? I know so many that would be so freaked out, they would never ride a bike on that trail (or possibly anywhere) again. JMO.

It can go either way; some may get comfort while others will be freaked out.
Bike theft is a growing problem; more awareness needs to be done.

That pisses me off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linda - I was mad at first too, but I'm hoping the judge just doesn't want the courtroom open while they're still charged as juveniles - like a "dotting the i's, crossing the t's thing" to make sure the case is airtight

Snipped from your link:

Coping with murder hasn’t been easy for either parent.

Autumn’s mother, Jennifer Cornwell, of Cherry Hill, is still in shock, according to her husband, Greg Cornwell. She’s still numb.

Christmas, he added, “is not going to be good.”

But Anthony has a reason to go on.

“The only reason my life is going on is because of these two,” Anthony said, breaking into tears as he motioned to his daughter and rested a hand on A.J.’s shoulder.

“I go to the cemetery every day, and just sit there for hours and wait for these guys to come home from school,” Anthony said. “I’m still trying to figure out how to handle this. I’m still in disbelief of what’s going on.”

:cry:

Autumn Pasquale murder: Attorneys expected to argue juvenile DNA sampling

Janine Faulkner and Chris Hoffner, public defenders for the brothers, are set to appear in court Thursday afternoon, according to Doug Long, attorney for Autumn’s father

“Defense is arguing you shouldn’t take hair samples from these two defendants,” said Long, who plans to attend the 1:30 p.m. hearing at the Gloucester County Justice Complex.

.... The Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office would not confirm that Thursday’s evidence hearing has been set, as the judge’s office directives prohibit the disclosure of anything “that transpires in her courtroom regarding the case,” according to Bernie Weisenfeld, prosecutor’s office spokesman.

Weisenfeld added his office is “taking that to include when (Maier) sets dates for subsequent court proceedings.”

The Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office has applied to waive the brothers to adult court. If they are waived to adult court, the hearing would be open.

Officials have not disclosed if a waiver hearing date has been set.

Hair samples denied in court.

http://mobile.nj.com/advnj/pm_31085/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=CCE44Ny7&rwthr=0

Next hearing January 22

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do not say why; my guess is because they're minors. If it gets moved to adult court; I think this will change. I don't understand why they even need the DNA

Autumn Pasquale murder: Judge prohibits hair sampling for brothers accused of murder A judge will not allow DNA samples to be collected from two juveniles charged with the October murder of Autumn Pasquale

Following a two-hour hearing Thursday, Family Division Superior Court Judge Colleen Maier ruled to prohibit prosecution from collecting hair samples from minor brothers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13
Back