GUILTY NJ - Autumn Pasquale, 12, murdered, Clayton, 20 Oct 2012 *teens arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She was reported missing at 9:30 p.m. the same day. Police said Pasquale did not tell anyone where she was headed, so investigators cast a wide path in their search.

Her father, Tony Pasquale, told reporters he believes his daughter was heading to a friend's house. He became worried when he discovered she never made it there.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/175208831.html?cmpid=15585797

I do hope other parents read this and take heed. It's great we can contact our kids by phone but I worry it provides too much of a sense of security when in actual fact just speaking to them to find out what's going on that day (in their lives!) as parents used to before we had the technology is a far more useful technique than relying on phones.

I remember when they were looking for Jessica Ridgeway, and the publicity was massive. Someone said that this mass exposure would make the abductor feel like he 'had to' kill her. It was here on WS too....and it disturbs me to this day.

Anyway, is it possible that LE doesn't want to push an abductor with too much media coverage? Would they actually hold back massive publicity, to not push an abductor? Thoughts?

Not to be too much of a pessimist, but if she has been abducted, the chances of her being alive 48 hours later are very slim.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/175208831.html?cmpid=15585797

I do hope other parents read this and take heed. It's great we can contact our kids by phone but I worry it provides too much of a sense of security when in actual fact just speaking to them to find out what's going on that day (in their lives!) as parents used to before we had the technology is a far more useful technique than relying on phones.
I think cell phones are great. I have kids and I keep serious track of them because they've got cell phones. And they arent' babies! I think it's a great tool, if used well.

The biking directions on google maps between Clayton and Williamstown show quite a distance (3.1 miles) on the Monroe Township bike path. It appears to go through some heavily forested area. Is this the route she would have taken?

Do we know if her friend lived in Williamstown?

MOO

I just wanted to say that I'm so happy there are amazing Websleuthers on Autumn's case. I don't ever post here, but I follow a lot of cases and the support & sleuthing this community provides is wonderful. I only live a few minutes from Autumn's town and to have something like this happening so close to home is terrifying.

When I first heard about this case I thought it would be a runaway, or a mix-up - like, told her parents she was going to one friend's house and wound up changing plans to go see a different friend - but now I'm really worried. It's such a helpless feeling to be so close but not able to help. Thinking & praying of Autumn, come home soon baby girl :please:

welcome to websleuths letsgostate05! :cheer: Sorry to hear this hits so close to home for you! I am glad you have come out of lurkdome!

Did the father not try to call her? And if so was the phone off or what did he encounter? Weird that there's no info about her phone after that text to the mother.

just thinking out loud here... but if she left at 1230 ish and last talked to mom at, what was it, 2:30ish? then she would (or rather SHOULD) have been to the friend's house by then on her bike. Time of that last ping will be important here imhoo

The biking directions on google maps between Clayton and Williamstown show quite a distance (3.1 miles) on the Monroe Township bike path. It appears to go through some heavily forested area. Is this the route she would have taken?

Do we know if her friend lived in Williamstown?

MOO

Would it be possible for you or someone to please put a google map together with that path shown on it ?

Nurse, this is an updated post from her official Missing site, please remove if you need to but they are officially asking to share...

https://www.facebook.com/FindAutumn?ref=stream
Quote:
12: 30 p.m. today another group is meeting at Mary Mazza Duffy Field at Clayton Rd and Corkery Ln. County Officials said they wanted everyone to hand out flyers, and canvas the area, we need to see if anyone remembers seeing anything Saturday afternoon. The homecoming activities Saturday drew a large crowd, talk to everyone you know and advise police.

Search groups were formed and geographic coverage is divided among 10+ teams. What they don't want is any citizen searching grounds, as that could disturb any trail of evidence that they are tracking.

Clayton Police Station has team info and are taking additional volunteers. There is also an area set up in the church next door. Autumn Pasquale has lots of Facebook friends, please share this and ask everyone you know if they have any info from Saturday in Clayton.

Bridges in close proximity could be:

Commodore Barry Bridge
Walt Whitman Bridge
Delaware Memorial Bridge
Benjamin Franklin Bridge

All of these bridges have toll booths. I wonder if police/FBI questioned the toll takers that worked between the hours of 12:30 yesterday til maybe today...

I'm so sorry I have to run before I'm late. Have to get to my son's school. Bbl.

Godspeed on Autumn's safe return.

Waitasec... The high speed line. There's one that goes to points north & another that goes into Philly, I think right at the Gallery. I've only used it once & forget where it is. I think it's in Brooklawn or Westville, or somewhere near there. Maybe? If somebody knows, please attach the info here. Flyers could be posted there as well. Thanks.

A growing number of law enforcement personnel from Gloucester County and other agencies are joining the effort today to find 12-year-old Autumn Pasquale, reported missing from her Clayton, NJ, home Saturday night.

Ground search efforts this morning were focusing on several locations in Clayton. A New Jersey State Police aerial unit is assisting in this effort.

The Clayton Middle School student was last seen leaving her West High St. home at 12:30 p.m. Saturday on a white BMX bike. She was reported missing 9:30 p.m. Saturday after missing a family-imposed curfew.
http://cherryhill.patch.com/articles/search-intensifies-for-missing-autumn-pasquale

That article says the text conversation was only about 15 minutes after she left?

She communicated with her mom by phone about 15 minutes after she left the home. Cornwall says they briefly texted back and forth.

confusing isn't it??? Especially if she lived with Dad.. how would mom know she was leaving etc?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back