GUILTY NJ - Autumn Pasquale, 12, murdered, Clayton, 20 Oct 2012 *teens arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is seriously ridiculous.

What on earth is a 12 yo. girl doing out there in the middle of nowhere riding that tiny bike for over 8 miles ? Out of touch with anyone for 6 hours ? They wait 9 hours to notify anyone ? The first alert goes out 24 hours after she left the house on her bike... What the heck is going on here ???

They label it a "bike trail" ? it's a highway.

If you look closely there is actually a bike path that travels through a wooded area. I would actually rather she have been on the highway than on that bike path. It seems so remote!

There is no way they would have 100+ LE working on the case if they thought she was a runaway.

I just look at the map. Would she have taken the bike path? I went on google street view and tried to glance down at the bike path and it looks so desolate. It's surrounded by lots of trees and scares me...I haven't read all of the posts so I'm not sure that's the way she would have travelled but if so it looks like she could be anywhere along that path perhaps in the trees?
I would think she was traveling down Academy Street toward the Black Horse Pike to have pinged that cell tower, there is another tower going down Fries Mill Road so if she traveled that way she would have pinged off that tower. I will track how many miles that tower is from Scotland Run Park in a little while but I'll better it's 3-4 miles.

What on earth is a 12 yo. girl doing out there in the middle of nowhere riding that tiny bike for over 8 miles ? Out of touch with anyone for 6 hours ? They wait 9 hours to notify anyone ? The first alert goes out 24 hours after she left the house on her bike... What the heck is going on here ???

Well we don't know at this point if she ever left the neighbourhood since the stories seem to differ. We also don't know where the "friend" that her father assumed she was going to see lived.

LE also seem to be searching closer to home rather than the Williamstown area so that could have been an error in information. And even if she did go in that direction, she probably would have stuck to the road. It probably would be a shorter distance. I just happened to notice that there is a bike path in the area that is rather desolate, or at least appears to be.

I do agree that 8-9 hours out of contact with a 12yr old out on their bike where you are not sure where she was going is a bit of an issue. Unfortunately for her parent's, they are learning that lesson the hard way. Hopefully she comes home safe and sound and the rules are tightened up considerably regarding contact with parents at least.

MOO

No it's not a highway, there is a bike path all around that area and as far as I know it's used quite a bit, with the weekend weather we had I would think many people would have been out there saturday afternoon. I know the google maps are showing lots of woods and there are a lot in that area but it is not really the middle of nowhere, I live 2 towns over from Clayton and we have a population around 80,000.

I have a 12 year old daughter. This girl had way too much freedom for her age. She was 'going out to meet someone' her mother said? I would never let my daughter do that unless I knew the family, how far, call me when you get there, etc. I don't even let my daughter have a facebook account or a phone yet. According to Autumn's FB account she loves her boyfriend and he has Marijuana as his avatar. Am I giving too much info? If so I'm sorry but it's very disturbing that such a young child's adult activities are allowed.

There will be a news conference at 2 PM EST on the local Philadelphia ABC channel.

I just saw an article about Autumn a few mins ago and had to come read. I have avoided WS since little Jessica was found dead but it looks like I'm back. I have a 12yo son and I'm struggling with the 9 hour window here. The only time I've ever went 9 hours w/o communicating with him when he is away is when he is sleeping. Even when B is visiting my mom or my best friend (mother of his best friend) he is required to check in regularly. His best friend lives close enough that he could walk or bike there (barely a mile) but I'd be on pins & needles until I heard from him and a responsible adult that he had arrived safely, then check ins would begin.

I'm not accusing the parents at all here. It's just that once again we have this large period of time that could have allowed an abductor to be anywhere with this young girl before any concerns were raised. Children are growing up far to fast and I think that it is easy to get lulled into a false sense of complacency because they seem older and more mature than their age indicates but time and again we are seeing what a mistake that is.

I really hope that Autumn ran away but even that is just the lesser of 2 evils. It doesn't mean that she is safe or will remain that way should she still be ok right now. She needs to be found quickly, whatever the case may be.

I need to go catch up on the links right now but here is the article I just read just in case it contains any new info:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-missing-girl-12-disappeared-riding-bike.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no way they would have 100+ LE working on the case if they thought she was a runaway.

I was in Clayton all morning passing out flyers, I'm in williamstwn now. Haven't heard anything you all don't know already,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can hear the search helicopters from my desk at work. Ugh.

Where are you Autumn??????

She's very pretty and might very well hoping to do some modelling (thinking of those fb ads that were mentioned earlier). I hope LE is checking this out.

after the news conference I'm gonna head toward Williamstown, first stopping at Turnersville's Wawa on the pike to be sure a flier is already posted!

Well we don't know at this point if she ever left the neighbourhood since the stories seem to differ. We also don't know where the "friend" that her father assumed she was going to see lived.

LE also seem to be searching closer to home rather than the Williamstown area so that could have been an error in information. And even if she did go in that direction, she probably would have stuck to the road. It probably would be a shorter distance. I just happened to notice that there is a bike path in the area that is rather desolate, or at least appears to be.

I do agree that 8-9 hours out of contact with a 12yr old out on their bike where you are not sure where she was going is a bit of an issue. Unfortunately for her parent's, they are learning that lesson the hard way. Hopefully she comes home safe and sound and the rules are tightened up considerably regarding contact with parents at least.

MOO

Did he really say he assumed that she was going to see a friend, keyword being assumed? I mean, really, this girl is only 12 years old. It sounds like the father never received a definite answer from Autumn as to where she was heading. Not to bash the dad, but I am not impressed with his parenting skills. I do however understand that things like this do happen, even to children who have the most protective and cautious parents. I guess I am just frustrated that she was allowed to bike all that distance and by herself. IMO, she should have been driven. This wouldn't have occurred if she had been. I really hope she is found today.

Did he really say he assumed that she was going to see a friend, keyword being assumed? I mean, really, this girl is only 12 years old. It sounds like the father never received a definite answer from Autumn as to where she was heading. Not to bash the dad, but I am not impressed with his parenting skills. I do however understand that things like this do happen, even to children who have the most protective and cautious parents. I guess I am just frustrated that she was allowed to bike all that distance and by herself. IMO, she should have been driven. This wouldn't have occurred if she had been. I really hope she is found today.

Her mom said "I don't know who she was supposed to meet up with. She just left and said she was meeting a friend.""
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...es-searching-for-12-year-old-new-jersey-girl/

Washington Township had homecoming Saturday night too and there were fireworks that lasted a half hour or so

Her mom said "I don't know who she was supposed to meet up with. She just left and said she was meeting a friend.""
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...es-searching-for-12-year-old-new-jersey-girl/

I do not have children quite yet, but I do know when I do, I will make sure I get every single detail regarding where my child is headed and who she/he is going to be with. I will also expect a "check in" call, not text. I hate to say it, but gone are the days where children are safe on the streets or are safe doing kid things outside without parental supervision. I wish the parents had gotten more details from her, before she went off on her bike. I am a bit angered by this.

<modsnip>

i'm PRAYING that she's just run away. i know i "tried" to when i was her age but my dad found me at a bus stop with my bad-news friends (I FEEL SOOOOO HORRIBLE ABOUT IT NOW!!). can't say i would have been gone long anyway (assuming nothing horrific happened)! but it seems like the world is a scarier place these days. :(

<modsnip>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes
Back