GUILTY NJ - Autumn Pasquale, 12, murdered, Clayton, 20 Oct 2012 *teens arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BTW, I agree! I do not blame the parents. They didn't know how unsafe it is out there! We are on Websleuths and see this over and over. Most people do not.

I've been trying to be the town crier in my community on this issue and I'll be honest with you guys, people don't want to hear it! They don't want to think this problem could happen to them. :tears: I understand - I don't want to know how bad it is either. But it IS out there and we need to be more aware!

God bless Autumn's family. My prayers to them. :blowkiss:

Truth is, it can happen to anyone. But people either don't want to believe it or they don't want to face the reality.

We here at WS are much more aware of that reality. I wish everyone was. Maybe it would save a few of these kids. :(

Did the friend ever surface to say yes, they had plans to meet?

We live in a small town as well and I know how easy it is to fall into that false sense of security trap.

These recent disappearances (Jessica Ridgeway also) are hitting too close to home as my daughter is around this age. It's very very scary.

I hate to admit it but if something like this happened around here I would be shocked. Even though it HAS happened in my town, and in towns surrounding, over the years. Even though I come here everyday. Explain that.

I hate to admit it but if something like this happened around here I would be shocked. Even though it HAS happened in my town, and in towns surrounding, over the years. Even though I come here everyday. Explain that.

Truth is, I'm the same way. I live in a small town in southwest VA and while recently we've had a few teenage girls run off with boyfriends, it never even crossed my mind to worry that it was an abduction even before the family put the word out about it being a runaway. I can't even recall a murder here that wasn't DV related other than a double murder at a local pizza place. Before Ethan Stacy (his family is local) and the double murder at Papa John's I felt pretty secure in the fact that the only way a tragedy could befall my family was illness or car wreck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh same here. I think the same thing. Not our town!! But you just never know, I guess.

It definitely makes me want to go home and pick my daughter up from school rather than letting her walk home alone. :(

Even last night, my son (14) was at a friend's and curfew was 8:30, and it's dark by then. Normally he would walk home. But for some reason, last night I just started thinking of WS and Jessica, and there was no way I was letting him walk home.

Yeah, he's a 14-yo boy, 5'10", 140 lbs, and I guess I wouldn't typically worry about him in that regard. But then again, why take a chance? It wasn't going to kill me to go pick him up and give him a ride home. I don't want to have to learn any lesson the hard way.

Oh same here. I think the same thing. Not our town!! But you just never know, I guess.

It definitely makes me want to go home and pick my daughter up from school rather than letting her walk home alone. :(

Even last night, my son (14) was at a friend's and curfew was 8:30, and it's dark by then. Normally he would walk home. But for some reason, last night I just started thinking of WS and Jessica, and there was no way I was letting him walk home.

Yeah, he's a 14-yo boy, 5'10", 140 lbs, and I guess I wouldn't typically worry about him in that regard. But then again, why take a chance? It wasn't going to kill me to go pick him up and give him a ride home. I don't want to have to learn any lesson the hard way.

I live in a suburb of Los Angeles. I never had a complacent attitude about the safety of my children. They were not allowed out the door without giving me the Who, What, Where, When and Why of every time they wanted to do something. They had their drivers licenses the first time they ventured 8 miles from home without me.

I live in a suburb of Los Angeles. I never had a complacent attitude about the safety of my children. They were not allowed out the door without giving me the Who, What, Where, When and Why of every time they wanted to do something. They had their drivers licenses the first time they ventured 8 miles from home without me.

Oh believe me, he gets the Who, What, When, Where, Why, etc. I just never thought much about him walking a few blocks alone. But anything can happen in those few blocks.

Just going off this post. I mentioned on Jessica's thread a girl that my oldest (17 next month) had communicated with for weeks believing her to be 18 only to have to help coach his brother's soccer game one day and discover this girl was a 13yo teammate. I found out about it all when the girl friended me and I asked son who she was since it said we had him as a common friend.

Anyway, her page itself was disturbing given the misrepresentation of her age and the pictures of herself but over the weekend she had some statuses that really worried me. I'm close to her soccer coach so I spoke with him and had him log on as me to get his view on things. He was extremely upset and gave me her mothers number, asking me to let her know what was going on (thinking it might be easier to hear from another mother). Her mom blessed me out! Turns out she is on her daughter's friends list and saw nothing wrong with her page.

It honestly shocks me that anyone can live in a time when social media is so prevalent and fail to recognize the dangers that are out there. It is constantly in our faces and turning a blind eye to it doesn't make it go away. It only makes our children an easier target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya.

I was recently told to mind my own business when I gently tried to get a young mother to see how vulnerable her daughters (12 & 9) are due to their wide-open FB pages.

I didn't even get the opportunity to question why a 9 year-old has a FB page.

:banghead:

Im up here in North Jersey, and it's getting a lot of attention up here too. Both major newspaper sites have been providing updates. It's crazy, up by me, in the last two weeks there have been 12 reported lurings, attempted abductions in the area. Descriptions fitting two different possible POIs. Just nuts what's going on. I think the increase in these cases is mainly due to the fact that kids are back in school and parents at work, it's still very nice out to walk around and there are a ton of kids out and about.

Im up here in North Jersey, and it's getting a lot of attention up here too. Both major newspaper sites have been providing updates. It's crazy, up by me, in the last two weeks there have been 12 reported lurings, attempted abductions in the area. Descriptions fitting two different possible POIs. Just nuts what's going on. I think the increase in these cases is mainly due to the fact that kids are back in school and parents at work, it's still very nice out to walk around and there are a ton of kids out and about.

Wow. That is really frightening. :what:

Oh believe me, he gets the Who, What, When, Where, Why, etc. I just never thought much about him walking a few blocks alone. But anything can happen in those few blocks.

Same here. I more meant, I do feel safe her and would be very surprised if something like this happened, which makes no sense because it has happened.
Maybe denial? But I don't let my kids run loose ever. I see plenty of it around here every night though. Nobody ever thinks it can happen to them.

no, both Monroe and Franklin touch Clayton

No, they don't. :waitasec: Franklin is 80 miles away. Monroe is 71 miles away. There are many towns and counties in between. They don't even get the same local news.

Unless there is different Franklin and Monroe in NJ...besides the ones in Somerset and Middlesex county...

This girl reminds me a lot of my good friends daughter, who is 13 now, but starting at around 11 has been running away, starting fires,smoking weed, partying, she suffers from a few(fully diagnosed) issues/disorders, and sometimes has episodes(violent/self injurious) simply because there is so much going on inside her body that she can't get out, or explain and it's terryifying/scary for her(and everyone else).

She's run away before in winter, in snow, in a pair of socks, she's jumped out of moving vehicles because she doesn't want to go to the doctor, etc.etc.

She's also gone to "highschool" since she was 11 or so as the jr high is part of the highschool in her case, so it is grade 7-12.

And re facebook workplaces and such the others were right, just by looking at her page now she works for "M**** b&tch" and is in a relationship with her twin sister.

This crap is NOT acceptable!!!

We all need a soapbox! We all need megaphones! WE NEED TO DEMAND THAT THIS CRAP IS ADDRESSED AND OUR STREETS ARE SAFER AGAIN!

No, they don't. :waitasec: Franklin is 80 miles away. Monroe is 71 miles away. There are many towns and counties in between. They don't even get the same local news.

Monroe Twp & Franklin Twp *do* border Clayton, NJ. I lived in Clayton for 8 years. Had friends/family in both townships.

There may be more than one Monroe and Franklin Twp in NJ however.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back