Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl,

Have you heard anything back from Detective Spiers about the comparision between Princess Doe and Karen Reinhart?

I talked to him last week, and he said that he had been tied up on something else for the previous two weeks, so he didn't get a chance to contact the PA authorities. He did say that he intends to do so though.

Bumping this case up too? Any news?

Bumping this case up too? Any news?

I was just looking at this one on my list this morning and thinking it's due for a follow-up. I was busy though with several others that I was trying to get ahold of with no success.

I got in touch with Lt. Spiers. He said that he has inquiries out with various LE agencies on six possibles (including Karen Reinert), and he is waiting for responses. He said that waiting for a response is an unfortunate reality with many LE agencies. He was very personable, and told me to feel free to check in with him periodically. He also indicated that he would contact me if he found out anything.

BTW, the other possibles are from the list on the Princess Doe website.

Hey Carl-
Just thinking about Karen Reinert tonight and wondering if Lt Spiers has been in touch with you with any updates. Thanks again - hope you are having a great holiday season.

No word from him. I suppose I should make a follow-up call, though this one is a long-shot anyway.

BTW, good to see you again, Nola. I haven't seen you around this forum lately. :)

Hey Carl- good to be back -- thanks!
Since there's neither DNA nor dentals for Karen I know this (her) case is going to be difficult to compare to any UF. Just hopeful that somehow Karen and her brother will be located someday. No relatives on her Mom's side are living, right?
Hope you are enjoying the holiday season!

Hey Carl- good to be back -- thanks!
Since there's neither DNA nor dentals for Karen I know this (her) case is going to be difficult to compare to any UF. Just hopeful that somehow Karen and her brother will be located someday. No relatives on her Mom's side are living, right?
Hope you are enjoying the holiday season!

I think I recall seeing somewhere that Susan Reinert's brother is still living.

That would be great news---mitochondrial DNA could be obtained and entered into CODIS making these types of comparison much easier. Wonder if that has occurred for Karen and Michael?

Bumping up! Does anyone have an update?

Any new on Princess Jane Doe?

Here is her NamUs file, last modified in Sept. https://identifyus.org/cases/1513

The only rule out on this page is Judith O'Donnell

I know Cynthia Gastelle is being checked about being a Jane Doe found in VA but what do you think of being a possible match for Princess Jane Doe? I know they are waiting for DNA from Cynthia's family http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gastelle_cynthia.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6111/37/

I wish we could have some dental info for Cynthia...

I have read that Princess Doe is thought to have been from Long Island, New York. A prostitute who has claimed to witness the murder of Princess Doe claimed they worked together as prostitutes, and she mentioned she was from the New York area. The woman claimed Princess Doe was naiive, and didn't belong in the business of prostitution (read more at www.amw.com - search cases under Princess Doe). I believe Princess Doe was really from the New York area and never was reported missing, which is why a match has yet to be made. I search all New York's missing persons, and I got nothing.

I will later post the top matches i have came up with both from New York and not from NEw York.

The clothes she was wearing definitely don't look prostitute-ish.

The clothes she was wearing definitely don't look prostitute-ish.

i must agree. maybe she tried to find a way out and was killed for it, THOUSANDS of young girls run away and get sucked into prostitution. She seems to be one of them

any updates on Karen Reinert and Princess Doe????
They look so much alike!
Karen's whole case is out of the ordinary, i think she could be princess doe, i really do i have not seen a closer match, and i've been working this one as a doe network member

any updates on Karen Reinert and Princess Doe????
They look so much alike!
Karen's whole case is out of the ordinary, i think she could be princess doe, i really do i have not seen a closer match, and i've been working this one as a doe network member

I don't know if that ever got resolved. It was quite a long-shot, and after a couple of tries, I stopped following-up.

I just noticed this on the AMW write-up for Princess Doe. She has very distinctive dentals that one would definitely recognize in smiling photographs.

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=44823

2604009990045078242S600x600Q851_zpsf36a5e4d.jpg

There is a very noticeable slant in the biting edge of her #8 upper-right central incisor.

Looking at the official NCMEC facial reconstruction of Princess Doe, it looks like their representation of her smile is inaccurate:

2517471880045078242S425x425Q851_zpsad4f1850.jpg

Also, looking again at Karen Reinert, it would raise significant doubt that she is Princess Doe. (even taking into account her age and possibility that her teeth may shift a little in her early teens).

2807643090045078242S600x600Q851_zpse3f35c91.jpg

This is very true. There are so many possible matches submitted to doenetwork, and if the missing person has something a little off, they decline the match. I wish they would realize composites are an improvisation of the person, not exact. I can't tell you how many i have taken into my own hands to follow up on and submit with LE myself.
Not trying to slam them, the organization is awesome.
But yes, the composite does look off this is huge in matching wish i would have seen it earlier thank you!

I had forgotten that Princess Doe's face was beaten prior to her death, so that #8 tooth is probably broken as a result of the beating. And the #9 looks like it might be broken off as well. Her #8 and #9 probably didn't look like that prior to her death.

But nevertheless, the gap that you see between Karen Reinert's #9 and #10 isn't there on the skull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3