Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. What should I bring with me for our rafting trip?

Please Note: A Minimal Amount of Alcohol is permitted on the River.

I guess that whoever wrote this list was not aware that for the average teenager bent on a weekend of partying in the wild a "minimal amount of alcohol" translates into "at least 24 beers per person per day"

not back in 1982 or before that,I asked my brother ,he said they now have a 2 beer limit.They check the coolers.

Party poopers :mad:

LOL You would'nt allow your children up there back in the day. My mother did not know , My father however , would flip.

" Now that's good God D$#M way to get yourself killed" ! I quote.

That's the lecture we got after he would find out anywhere we went.

Anyway I doubt that is where she may have come from but the only place around there was the College or the river. I believe she was not a college student.

Am I reading that dental chart right ? She did not have her permanent molars? She was just a baby.:(

Okay , I read the information again. It could have been someone on the river . I am just thinking that because (the no shoes) no underwear on could mean she took off a bathing suit? SO if it was something related to this river theory, it would mean someone heading east because all the rental places are in Pa. Huh........

One more thing who would know that the Cemetary was there in July? the leaves from the highway would block the veiw? I never knew it was there. You can't see it? I don't think you can, Ahhhh unless you were going to cut through to 94 towards NYS?

Okay , I read the information again. It could have been someone on the river . I am just thinking that because (the no shoes) no underwear on could mean she took off a bathing suit? SO if it was something related to this river theory, it would mean someone heading east because all the rental places are in Pa. Huh........

One more thing who would know that the Cemetary was there in July? the leaves from the highway would block the veiw? I never knew it was there. You can't see it? I don't think you can, Ahhhh unless you were going to cut through to 94 towards NYS?

The river thing is definitely a possibility. That is the problem with this case though, too many possibilities!! Quite a few different camps and campgrounds out in that area as well. As for the cemetery, it's a large one for the area and easily visible from Route 94 no matter what time of year. As for the teeth, are you referring to "unerrupted" remarks? If so those relate to wisdom teeth and the age can vary widely if/when they break through.

Is the Cemetary visible from Rte. 80 ? Also most people that went there during that time would have been 14-19 maybe older. I know I went there 2x and that was before I drove. When I turned 17 the woods would have been my last choice to go. (I really would have had to be bored )
I have been thinking about this earlier today, I am wondering if she either dove in or fell off something into the river ? I am just thnking why the Graveyard. Would that mean remorse? So weird.

People that don't live or grow up near the water don't have that fear or (common sense)
They don't think before they would jump or dive right in . Right into the rocks below rushing water.

Or Boat oar? hmmmmmmmmm

One more thing which picture is more realistic? The computer one or the sketch? Can anyone be sure? The sketch looks like her hair dryed the wrong way ,(flat) parted to the left and I know it looks shorter lin the front , like it would have been feathered. It's angled that way.(WATER)

Oh I don't think any 14 or 15 year olds would be telling their parents they were going there either. Unless it was with someone older and responsible.
I have no idea why , but I keep thinking this must be someone like a cousin or relative. I am guessing a cousin . I don't know why. Maybe they did not know she showed , they could not get out ? To meet.
Maybe she wanted to go from someone bragging about the location the party , swimming camping rafting and that may have brought her to the area, I keep thinking why isn't someone looking for her and all the girls that really look like her the timing of the missing is off? Urggggggg....

Is the Cemetary visible from Rte. 80 ? Also most people that went there during that time would have been 14-19 maybe older. I know I went there 2x and that was before I drove. When I turned 17 the woods would have been my last choice to go. (I really would have had to be bored )
I have been thinking about this earlier today, I am wondering if she either dove in or fell off something into the river ? I am just thnking why the Graveyard. Would that mean remorse? So weird.

People that don't live or grow up near the water don't have that fear or (common sense)
They don't think before they would jump or dive right in . Right into the rocks below rushing water.

Or Boat oar? hmmmmmmmmm

The cemetery is several miles from route 80 (5-7ish.) Route 94 runs right in front of it. The graveyard is strange for dumping a body. If you wanted a body not to be found there are a million better places in Blairstown. Route 94 is heavily traveled when compared to other area roads. Also, the A&P is directly across from the cemetery, and had a well lighted parking lot etc. Compared to other areas in Blairstown, this seems higher risk. However, if the person dumping the body was not from the area and headed on route 80 WB (from NYC or Newark for example), this is one of the last exits before the tolls and NJ/PA state line and route 94 did not have much on it back then. The A&P would be one of the first landmarks you would see. She was brutally beaten so I don't know if an errant dive would explain the injuries.

Oh... I thought it was head severe trauma. As in only the upper part . I thought about her teeth , it mentioned fractures and I was thinking impact. As say , a football player wear mouth guard so they don't damage their teeth causing fractures from compression .

If you were heading Rte 80 east you could get off at the 94 exit? Does the sign say Blairstown or 94 also at that time?
I don't really pay attention to signs, landmarks , I know it's a bad habit.

Is there a stream near the Cemetary? Or water nearby? I was reading about M.B. and the "W" theory. That's all.

Oh... I thought it was head severe trauma. As in only the upper part . I thought about her teeth , it mentioned fractures and I was thinking impact. As say , a football player wear mouth guard so they don't damage their teeth causing fractures from compression .

If you were heading Rte 80 east you could get off at the 94 exit? Does the sign say Blairstown or 94 also at that time?
I don't really pay attention to signs, landmarks , I know it's a bad habit.

Is there a stream near the Cemetary? Or water nearby? I was reading about M.B. and the "W" theory. That's all.

The impression I have so far is that she was beaten about the head. I don't have details but that is what it sounds like. I'll see if I can find out more though. As for the exit, it mentions both Blairstown and 94 on the sign. Route 94 starts there. If I am not mistaken, it's exit 4C. And yes, there is a creek nearby. It runs right by the southeast corner of the cemetery.

The impression I have so far is that she was beaten about the head. I don't have details but that is what it sounds like. I'll see if I can find out more though. As for the exit, it mentions both Blairstown and 94 on the sign. Route 94 starts there. If I am not mistaken, it's exit 4C. And yes, there is a creek nearby. It runs right by the southeast corner of the cemetery.

Well after reading AMW , forget this.........

On AMW they have the dental picture, Is the left front tooth overlapping?
It looks chipped but I guess it was from the trama inflicted on her.

You know , It is even worse that this happened in the graveyard. How scared she must have been. What a B#$%RD:furious:

I can't see an overlapping front tooth- it would be nice if they had profile images of the skeletal jaw

Looking at the front teeth , is the left tooth turning left like it is crowded? I know it is chipped ,I just did'nt know if it was that way naturally or from the injury. I can't tell.
I don't look at teeth, doe network people taught me to look at the eye set and forehead. Hairline ect. You can change alot of things in appearance but not the eye set.

Looking at the front teeth , is the left tooth turning left like it is crowded? I know it is chipped ,I just did'nt know if it was that way naturally or from the injury. I can't tell.
I don't look at teeth, doe network people taught me to look at the eye set and forehead. Hairline ect. You can change alot of things in appearance but not the eye set.

I think I see something now- one of her other teeth on the bottom looks like it got pushed back or something

'Princess Doe' murder to appear in national spotlight again

"Princess Doe — Missing from home, dead among strangers, remembered by all."

"America's Most Wanted" is the most recent attempt to bring attention to the mysterious and often dramatic investigation but Clayton said it has "been in the media eye since it happened."

In 1983, Princess Doe was the first entry into the FBI's National Crime Identification Center, a computer system designed to improve missing persons data available to police. The case was showcased in an HBO special, "Gone But Not Forgotten," in 1984 and twice almost became a made-for-TV movie.

Much of the attention was brought on by the way investigators tirelessly, sometimes desperately, scoured the country for clues about Princess Doe's identity and murder, none more so than former Blairstown detective Eric Kranz.

Kranz, the case's original lead investigator, was the first to dub the victim "Princess Doe of Cedar Ridge."

"By all outward appearance, she has no claim to fame ... but somewhere along the line of her life, she was probably somebody's princess," Kranz said during an Aug. 1982 press conference. "During the course of the investigation, we've grown a little affectionate toward the victim."

The most recent break came in 2005 when Lt. Stephen Speirs of the Warren County Prosecutor's Office received a letter from a Long Island pimp accepting responsibility for the murder. Speirs interviewed a woman associated with the pimp and was able to compile a fresh composite sketch of Princess Doe.

"Investigators think they know who did it, but they need to identify her to prove it," Clayton said. "That's the missing link."

Producers of the show have not set an air date for the story, though Clayton said they are "actively pursuing the case."

Much more at link.

Riggs has a Web site, www.princessdoe.org, where he provides information about the case, along with maps, photos and timelines. He has compiled the information from news clippings and through conversations with retired law enforcement officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member