Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, July 15, 2009 marks the 27th anniversary of Princess Doe being discovered, brutally beaten to death in a rural cemetery.

Pdoe,

I think Rachael Elizabeth Garden can be eliminated as a possible match. Her Doe Network info says her wisdom teeth had been removed before she disappeared, but Princess Doe's wisdom teeth had just started to erupt.

Jane Puckett can be removed from the possible match list on the Princess Doe site, since she was found alive.

I've recently had reason to spend quite a bit of time in Warren County, and on one of my visits decided to take a ride into Blairstown (seeing the sign for the town while travelling on Rt 80 was just too tempting).
Its an irony that the sign for Blairstown also carries the name of another New Jersey hamlet...Hope.
Turning onto Rt 521, the first building one comes to is the Hope barracks of the NJ State Police. I cant be certain at this point, but I would feel comfortable in believing that the barracks were here in 1982. Then, travelling north on 521, I couldnt help but note the utter emptiness of this road. True, it is only about 7 miles, but its a lonely 7 miles of farms, abandoned buildings, and a twisty narrow two-lane road.
521 ends at an intersection with Rt 94. Turning left, I was greeted with the large, ornate sign announcing my entrance into Blairstown. Rt 94 goes down a hill, and at another intersection I came to what I guessed was the town proper (and noted, with interest, that the roadway crossed a stream called 'Paulins Kill'--"Kill" being Dutch for stream, "Paulin" being the original form of my own last name). The road curves, and there on the left is Cedar Ridge Cemetery. I'm not sure what I was expecting...Something more secluded, or darker, tree-shaded, I dont know. The cemetery lies at the level of the road, with two or three paved paths leading into the graves themselves. The cemetery covers a slope, upon which I knew lay the grave of Princess Doe.
For some reason I didnt stop, but continued on for a short distance. Just past the cemetery, on the same side, is a large ballfield upon which a team of girls, probably of Princess Doe's age, were practicing. Just past this, the normal stuff of small town life--- a popular chain drug store on one side, a popular chain supermarket on the other. I stopped, then turned my SUV around. I'm not sure of the reason for my hesitation, I've spent countless hours in numerous cemeteries...Usually into the wee hours of the morning. But this was different for some reason.
I pulled the truck onto one of the service paths for the cemetery and stopped again. I just couldnt proceed. I told myself that it was because I didnt know the exact location of the grave, and that just wandering aimlessly was disrespectful. I know it was more though. I had to wonder how many times Princess Doe's grave had been visited by the curious, the morbid, those who had little interest in what had happened to this young lady but only in the horrific manner of her death.
It was at that point I realized that was the reason I was there as well.

I said a little prayer, asked her forgiveness, and pulled my truck back onto the roadway.
I do plan to go back, but with a different outlook in my heart and mind.

One thing that I did take away from the visit...I now find it much harder to believe that Princess Doe wound up here randomly. I just cant see that someone would choose this particular exit, travel the distance into Blairstown, and then pull into the cemetery and commit a murder. Even if she were killed elsewhere, it stretches even my imagination that someone would choose here to unceremoniously dump a body. I'm now convinced this was local---Someone in the town knows the truth.

I don't really know how to start a new thread, but if it's ok, I'd like to make a thread on the Unidentified forum for Blairstown Princess Doe. She is over in the Cold Cases Forum, and I only found out about her b/c someone on this Forum mentioned her case...

I can't seem to figure out how to link to that thread-- argh!

I hope I did this right!:waitasec:

Here are links to additional info:

http://www.princessdoe.org/index.html-- Has a list of possibilities, including those ruled out
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/36ufnj.html
http://http://www.weirdnj.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=186&Itemid=28(this one seems to have some info not found in other places?? and some info that I think has since been ruled out)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Doe
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=44823

Most of the Weird NJ information has been ruled out or is not accurate. The alcohol content in the blood is not conclusive because the body had been exposed for so long. Also, the skirt was red, not blue.

Thanks!

I've recently had reason to spend quite a bit of time in Warren County, and on one of my visits decided to take a ride into Blairstown (seeing the sign for the town while travelling on Rt 80 was just too tempting).
Its an irony that the sign for Blairstown also carries the name of another New Jersey hamlet...Hope.
Turning onto Rt 521, the first building one comes to is the Hope barracks of the NJ State Police. I cant be certain at this point, but I would feel comfortable in believing that the barracks were here in 1982. Then, travelling north on 521, I couldnt help but note the utter emptiness of this road. True, it is only about 7 miles, but its a lonely 7 miles of farms, abandoned buildings, and a twisty narrow two-lane road.
521 ends at an intersection with Rt 94. Turning left, I was greeted with the large, ornate sign announcing my entrance into Blairstown. Rt 94 goes down a hill, and at another intersection I came to what I guessed was the town proper (and noted, with interest, that the roadway crossed a stream called 'Paulins Kill'--"Kill" being Dutch for stream, "Paulin" being the original form of my own last name). The road curves, and there on the left is Cedar Ridge Cemetery. I'm not sure what I was expecting...Something more secluded, or darker, tree-shaded, I dont know. The cemetery lies at the level of the road, with two or three paved paths leading into the graves themselves. The cemetery covers a slope, upon which I knew lay the grave of Princess Doe.
For some reason I didnt stop, but continued on for a short distance. Just past the cemetery, on the same side, is a large ballfield upon which a team of girls, probably of Princess Doe's age, were practicing. Just past this, the normal stuff of small town life--- a popular chain drug store on one side, a popular chain supermarket on the other. I stopped, then turned my SUV around. I'm not sure of the reason for my hesitation, I've spent countless hours in numerous cemeteries...Usually into the wee hours of the morning. But this was different for some reason.
I pulled the truck onto one of the service paths for the cemetery and stopped again. I just couldnt proceed. I told myself that it was because I didnt know the exact location of the grave, and that just wandering aimlessly was disrespectful. I know it was more though. I had to wonder how many times Princess Doe's grave had been visited by the curious, the morbid, those who had little interest in what had happened to this young lady but only in the horrific manner of her death.
It was at that point I realized that was the reason I was there as well.

I said a little prayer, asked her forgiveness, and pulled my truck back onto the roadway.
I do plan to go back, but with a different outlook in my heart and mind.

One thing that I did take away from the visit...I now find it much harder to believe that Princess Doe wound up here randomly. I just cant see that someone would choose this particular exit, travel the distance into Blairstown, and then pull into the cemetery and commit a murder. Even if she were killed elsewhere, it stretches even my imagination that someone would choose here to unceremoniously dump a body. I'm now convinced this was local---Someone in the town knows the truth.

Hi ShadowAngel,

I grew up in Blairstown and can answer a few of the questions in your post. The state police barracks that you noticed when getting off of route 80 at exit 12 was not there in July of 1982. The state police used to be located in the center of Blairstown, right above Seidel's Electric (you passed it when you were driving through the town itself.) One other thing worth noting is that there are two ways to get to the cemetery from route 80. You can take exit 4 (Columbia) on to route 94 north. Route 94 is pretty much a straight shot into Blairstown. Also, exit 4 is pretty much the last exit before you have to stop at the toll booth and enter Pennsylvania. Just wanted to provide some local info.

Thanks for your interest in the case

Bumping this up. Did PDoe ever see my posts about two of the possible matches not being possible matches anymore?

Hi Guys,

New to this forum, but I'm very interested in Princess Doe. Melinda Harder can be ruled out from the list of possibles - she has been found deceased.

I think Princess Doe (particularly the new computer composite) looks ALOT like Rachel Hanna Zisselman:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/73dfca.html

The smiles are almost identical (notice how the age progressed composite of Zisselman smiles EXACTLY the same as the computer composite of PD), as are the eyes, cheekbones, face shape, etc.

Zisselman fits age-wise, etc. - there's a large data gap/geographical gap, but with her going missing as young as she did, it is certainly not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne