GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I asked a friend with a law degree why the prosecutor's office wouldn't release any information, and she suggested a family member or close acquaintance is a suspect.

I mention the law degree to add some credibility to her theory.

From what I understand, the weather the night this beautiful boy was out doesn't account for death by hypothermia. He had plenty of normal body fat if media pictures are accurate, and apparently was found appearing peaceful without signs of agitation commonly seen in hypothermic victims. Weather just can't account for COD (IMHO).

They're saying suffocation can't be ruled out. I'm wondering if only forceful & violent smothering leaves obvious signs? Would an accidental, slower suffocation in a closed refrigerator at a lower temp do the same?

This little guy looks and reminds me of my own little brother who I helped raise; he's really gotten to me :(

I asked a friend with a law degree why the prosecutor's office wouldn't release any information, and she suggested a family member or close acquaintance is a suspect.

I mention the law degree to add some credibility to her theory.

From personal experience on a case I worked on but in a different capacity I can confirm this was true for the case I worked on and when discussing it with the medical examiner, detective and prosecutor, this was one of the main reasons nothing was released from the prosecutors office until the arrest was made almost two weeks after the murder.

I think your friend is correct

From what I understand, the weather the night this beautiful boy was out doesn't account for death by hypothermia. He had plenty of normal body fat if media pictures are accurate, and apparently was found appearing peaceful without signs of agitation commonly seen in hypothermic victims. Weather just can't account for COD (IMHO).

They're saying suffocation can't be ruled out. I'm wondering if only forceful & violent smothering leaves obvious signs? Would an accidental, slower suffocation in a closed refrigerator at a lower temp do the same?

This little guy looks and reminds me of my own little brother who I helped raise; he's really gotten to me :(

This case has gotten to me, too. I just keep thinking of how this could have been prevented, but it's hard when we don't know what happened. I have a young son and I just can't imagine what Brendan's mother must be going through. It's a nightmare.

I did try to do some research on suffocation and hypothermia. They are both possibilities and can both lead to "inconclusive" autopsy results for manner of death. Small children who are smothered by an adult can't fight well, so typical signs of struggle could be absent. As for hypothermia, the weather that night did dip into the 50's, and children are prone to develop hypothermia faster than adults, even in weather up to 60 degrees if it's windy. We would need more information, like was he found in his pajamas? Being nude or underdressed increases the chances of hypothermia setting in faster, but if he was outside all night there is also a chance he could have developed hypothermia fully dressed.

I don't know, I think moving and dumping a body you had nothing else to do with would be very odd behavior. I can maybe see it only if any contact with police would be a risk (eg illegal immigrant). I think there's probably a more straightforward answer relating to someone close to the family as suggest by the last couple posts about the limited public info.

In terms of possible cause of death, there's a term called "burking" which is a type of suffocation that apparently leaves no signs, or very difficult signs to confirm cod at autopsy. I will post another post with more info on that because my iPad isn't letting me open two tabs at once for some reason..be right back

I'm still not cool with the sister and her video.
How is that so coincidental to Brendan's demise!?
Did someone want to hurt the sister?

Or the girlfriend and her sm postings.
What's up with those?

It's been pretty long to not have more answers by now.

I usually just lurk here. And read about other cases, but this one hits close to home- literally. I live about 2 blocks from the father's apartment. It's so sad. And I think that everyone around here is frustrated that no one has any answers.

Here's a link with a brief description:

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Burking

it was discussed in more detail at length by a verified pathologist who is a member here on another thread where COD still hasn't been determined.

That sounds like maybe what happened to Bella Bond, based on what I've read. =( Based on what I read the autopsy on Bella did not determine the cause of her death and it wasn't until after her mom (I term I use loosely here) and the moms boyfriend were arrested and the mom either told the police what happened or the boyfriend confessed (not sure which) that cause of death was determined.

I usually just lurk here. And read about other cases, but this one hits close to home- literally. I live about 2 blocks from the father's apartment. It's so sad. And I think that everyone around here is frustrated that no one has any answers.
It is annoying how the police aren't saying much to anything at all about this case. If I lived close to where this happened id be freaking out that some child killer that snatched children from their home was running loose.

I just read this article and apparently the lawyers for the family are not too pleased with the lack of info and neither is the community.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/lawyers-sharply-criticize-brendan-creato-investigation/

That sounds like maybe what happened to Bella Bond, based on what I've read. =( Based on what I read the autopsy on Bella did not determine the cause of her death and it wasn't until after her mom (I term I use loosely here) and the moms boyfriend were arrested and the mom either told the police what happened or the boyfriend confessed (not sure which) that cause of death was determined.

Yea that's the case I was referring to. I wonder if we are allowed to bring the pathologists posts about this burking/suffocation topic over here? I know she went into detail about it in ways that I couldn't find from a Google search. I will try to find the posts later and paraphrase of that's allowed

Oh wow, I'm so sorry that your community lost such a young precious life in this manner. I cannot imagine how sad and yes, frustrating it must be to not have any answers. I think they are building a case against a family member on Brendan's paternal side. The fact they aren't telling their lawyers anything tells me that either a) they assume the lawyers will leak the info to the media, or b) they don't have to share anything with these lawyers right now because they will be charging one of their clients soon and these lawyers can wait until discovery to get whatever evidence they have

Thumbsdown & 101010

:fireworks::balloons::welcome3::welcome4::welcome6::up:

Just from knowing the area, I knew immediately that there was no way that this child woke up in the middle of the night and wandered down to the park. It's not far, but it's not close either. I heard rumors about the father having problems with drugs in the past. That obviously does not make him a baby killer, but I think it's something to keep in mind in regards to whether he was attentive or not. My gut tells me that an accident happened and the father and his 17 year old gf panicked. But without any evidence to back that up, it's pure speculation. I saw a sign outside of the father's building today that said "Apartment available", so I wonder if he's moving out.

Well, that child did not open the locked door and quietly close the door behind him. And he did not walk to the park and lay down.

So if the dad didn't do it, how come he's not screaming to the media about who had a key and if there was anyone in the apartment with him that night?

Either dad did it, accidentally or on purpose, or someone with access to the apartment did it, imho.

Just from knowing the area, I knew immediately that there was no way that this child woke up in the middle of the night and wandered down to the park. It's not far, but it's not close either. I heard rumors about the father having problems with drugs in the past. That obviously does not make him a baby killer, but I think it's something to keep in mind in regards to whether he was attentive or not. My gut tells me that an accident happened and the father and his 17 year old gf panicked. But without any evidence to back that up, it's pure speculation. I saw a sign outside of the father's building today that said "Apartment available", so I wonder if he's moving out.

I still think it could have been an accident and then cover up but I'm having a hard time thinking of a type of accident that would not be identifiable on autopsy. I thought at first that maybe dad had drugs in the home and Brendan got into them accidental, overdosed and died, but now that the tox screens are negative I am really stumped as to what kind of accident. I would think an accidental overdose would show up in the first round of tox screens especially bc he was found so quickly.

I do not think an attentive father would allow their 3 year old to sleep alone on a couch next to a door while he slept in the bedroom. this is just strange to me.

Well, that child did not open the locked door and quietly close the door behind him. And he did not walk to the park and lay down.

So if the dad didn't do it, how come he's not screaming to the media about who had a key and if there was anyone in the apartment with him that night?

Either dad did it, accidentally or on purpose, or someone with access to the apartment did it, imho.

I think it was dad but I have also read theories that maybe it happened at the grandparents and dad is helping them cover. Not saying I believe that but I have seen it posted multiple times. Wouldn't surprise me if everyone in the grandparents home had access to the key as well. I dunno if gf had a key or not but if she was staying over there that night she could have slipped out and back in without being noticed. Those are the only people I can think of.

I think it was Joypath who described in clinical terms what the term burking entails on the Bella Bond threads. I think she provided links to medical sites that gave further info.

As to the carriage I had a thought that maybe it was simply a term that was used by the witness describing it. An old fashioned term similar to pram. Perhaps the word carriage is just what the witness used to refer to the item. And LE and press are simply using the same term.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997
Back