GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Happy Birthday Brendan!

:partyguy::bdsong:

(today would have been his 5th birthday)

Happy 5th birthday in heaven Brendan. I'm so sorry you're not celebrating with your mom and family.
I wonder if the jurors realized his birthday was today. Sure would have motivated me to keep going till we had a guilty verdict.

Hopefully they'll release what the guilty/ not guilty split.

Happy 5th birthday in heaven Brendan. I'm so sorry you're not celebrating with your mom and family.
I wonder if the jurors realized his birthday was today. Sure would have motivated me to keep going till we had a guilty verdict.

Hopefully they'll release what the guilty/ not guilty split.

Happy Birthday in Heaven Brendan! I wish your family would have received justice for you yesterday.

I think some jurors are just not willing to make that guilty decision these days, and I don't understand why.

Yes I would like to know the split also, if they release it.

Happy Birthday in Heaven Brendan! I wish your family would have received justice for you yesterday.

I think some jurors are just not willing to make that guilty decision these days, and I don't understand why.

I googled some before bringing my grandson to school but am not seeing any articles that say what the split was

I also don't understand why jurors won't make a decision.

I googled some before bringing my grandson to school but am not seeing any articles that say what the split was

I also don't understand why jurors won't make a decision.

I also tried looking for an updated article for juror split and haven't found anything. Maybe it will come out in a few days.

Hopefully they will schedule another trial soon and DJ won't get out on bail.

Re BBM

JMO
Ive been thinking about this and I wonder if the way the public is forced to be on Jury Duty even when there are some that really have strong feelings about not wanting to participate in being part of a jury to send someone to jail or prison.

I have to think that this may contribute to what we have been seeing.

For example. Lets say there are 3 people on the jury that have a lot of anxiety about it and really do not want to be there.

They have no valid excuse to be removed during jury questions other than they have strong feelings and anxiety about the whole process and some are even scared about it. But they get picked to be on the jury because there is no way they can get out of it.

Now the case is heard and they do what they are told and during deliberations it is kind of a tough case because there is not a clear black and white answer whether the person is guilty. He is probably guilty but nothing was shown to them to prove 100% for sure that the person really did it. Their anxiety rises and they begin to think about trying to sleep at night knowing their decision put a person in prison for a very long time. Their anxiety builds and they think back to how they wish they could have been removed from the jury pool like they wanted from the very beginning.

The other jurors begin pressuring them for a decision and they just cannot say Guilty. They cant do it. They did not see it layed out in front of them that he definitely did it and so as their anxiety builds they stay firm with not being able to say Guilty because they dont want to be haunted by their decision for rest of their life. So they hold firm that it was not proven to them and they go with not guilty.

The more the other jurors pressure them the more they hold firm.

End result is hung jury.

If this is part of the reasons we are seeing these trials end up this way then I wish there was a way where people who really cannot handle the process can be taken out of the jury pool. As far as I know there is not a current way a person in this situation can get out of jury duty and I think this may be what we are seeing with some of the hung jury verdicts ending up this way.

I really hope this case gets retried, or a cause of death is found by another examiner. They would need new evidence to retry, wouldn't they?

My question is does anyone have a link to any of the articles that discussed baby Brendan's previous behaviour patterns? I had read some of it before and found it disconcerting. I believe I had read he was in therapy several times of week, for example. I had wanted to read more about this since it is alarming to me that a 3 year old would have such behavior problems. TIA

Happy birthday in heaven, Brendan. <3

I really hope this case gets retried, or a cause of death is found by another examiner. They would need new evidence to retry, wouldn't they?

My question is does anyone have a link to any of the articles that discussed baby Brendan's previous behaviour patterns? I had read some of it before and found it disconcerting. I believe I had read he was in therapy several times of week, for example. I had wanted to read more about this since it is alarming to me that a 3 year old would have such behavior problems. TIA

Re BBM
I can answer the first question because I have seen other cases get retried. There does not have to be new evidence.

A case can be retried if the prosecution wants to even if nothing new has changed in the evidence.

Re BBM

JMO
Ive been thinking about this and I wonder if the way the public is forced to be on Jury Duty even when there are some that really have strong feelings about not wanting to participate in being part of a jury to send someone to jail or prison.

For example. Lets say there are 3 people on the jury that have a lot of anxiety about it and really do not want to be there.

They have no valid excuse to be removed during jury questions other than they have strong feelings and anxiety about the whole process and some are even scared about it. But they get picked to be on the jury because there is no way they can get out of it.

Now the case is heard and they do what they are told and during deliberations it is kind of a tough case because there is not a clear black and white answer whether the person is guilty. He is probably guilty but nothing was shown to them to prove 100% for sure that the person really did it. Their anxiety rises and they begin to think about trying to sleep at night knowing their decision put a person in prison for a very long time. Their anxiety builds and they think back to how they wish they could have been removed from the jury pool like they wanted from the very beginning.

The other jurors begin pressuring them for a decision and they just cannot say Guilty. They cant do it. They did not see it layed out in front of them that he definitely did it and so as their anxiety builds they stay firm with not being able to say Guilty because they dont want to be haunted by their decision for rest of their life. So they hold firm that it was not proven to them and they go with not guilty.

End result is hung jury.

If this is part of the reasons we are seeing these trials end up this way then I wish there was a way where people who really cannot handle the process can be taken out of the jury pool. As far as I know there is not a current way a person in this situation can get out of jury duty and I think this may be what we are seeing with some of the hung jury verdicts ending up this way.

I understand what you are saying and you may be right. Then on the other hand those juror's are not understanding what their duty as a juror is. I guess like you said though they don't have to all agree, and they should never be pressured. I guess we just don't know what is in the juror's minds when they can't make a decision.

sorry Brendan ... you deserve justice

hope it happens next time

Sam testified about it, here is the coverage http://www.phillyvoice.com/mother-b...t-testify-case-against-boys-father-dj-creato/

and a little something from today about his community memorial http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...ows-in-memory-of-brendan-creato-20170601.html

Re BBM

JMO

End result is hung jury.

Wasn't the jury mostly women? I don't doubt that what you say plays a part because I don't know many people that can afford to miss work to be there and as you say they do not have a way to get out of it. I'd love to be a juror but there's no way I can sit there with my bad back. I can barely sit on the computer any more.

Thank you very much. How suspicious that his supposed aggressive behaviors started within weeks of her boy's death. So very sad. I have to step away from this one. I hope he gets justice some day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'I just don't feel justice was served': Creato jurors speak about mistrial

Ten of 12 jurors believed prosecutors had proven that David &#8220;D.J.&#8221; Creato Jr. killed his 3-year-old son, Brendan, but the remaining jurors didn&#8217;t think there was enough evidence &#8212; leading to last week&#8217;s mistrial &#8212; according to four jurors who spoke to the Inquirer and Daily News.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/c...ato-jurors-speak-about-mistrial-20170607.html

I think this shows that the Prosecution will have enough reason to have another trial. 10 out of 12 finding DJ guilty is pretty high for a mistrial. imo

'I just don't feel justice was served': Creato jurors speak about mistrial

Ten of 12 jurors believed prosecutors had proven that David &#8220;D.J.&#8221; Creato Jr. killed his 3-year-old son, Brendan, but the remaining jurors didn&#8217;t think there was enough evidence &#8212; leading to last week&#8217;s mistrial &#8212; according to four jurors who spoke to the Inquirer and Daily News.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/c...ato-jurors-speak-about-mistrial-20170607.html

I think this shows that the Prosecution will have enough reason to have another trial. 10 out of 12 finding DJ guilty is pretty high for a mistrial. imo

Thanks for catching the article. Talk about close. Wonder if Creato will try his luck or if he will cop a deal

The jurors who did speak said they that tried to put their emotions aside, and that inconsistencies in Creato&#8217;s story led them to believe he was guilty. They questioned why Creato told detectives he had fallen asleep around 10 p.m. and hadn&#8217;t awakened until 6 a.m. the next day, even though records show he was on his phone around 1:30 a.m.

She said Creato, who called 911 to report Brendan missing, saying he woke up and the boy was gone, appeared rehearsed when detectives told him Brendan was dead.
&#8220;It was like, on cue, he did this: &#8216;No-no-no-no,'&#8221; the juror said, recalling when Creato screamed &#8220;Oh God, no, no, no!&#8221; The juror said she thought Creato quickly shut down his emotions when detectives interviewed him minutes later. &#8220;It was on and off, like an on-and-off switch with him.&#8221;

Thanks for catching the article. Talk about close. Wonder if Creato will try his luck or if he will cop a deal

The part you quoted shows the jury thought their decision out and looked at the evidence. Most cases are circumstantial and not direct evidence like the 2 hold out wanted.

The only thing about a plea is a possible shorter jail time but it is better than a not guilty. imo

The part you quoted shows the jury thought their decision out and looked at the evidence. Most cases are circumstantial and not direct evidence like the 2 hold out wanted.

The only thing about a plea is a possible shorter jail time but it is better than a not guilty. imo

I'm glad that the majority thought the same as us, especially with his no, no, no video.

I wish they would have called it with majority; really sucks more money may get spent on a trial. I wonder how his attorney feels knowing the results, I wonder if at retrial he will have a different strategy, showing he killed Brendan in a moment of insanity due to the GF

She is utterly disgusting. What did he even see in that wretched young thing? She is so cold, so heartless, so demanding, uugghhhh....I wish they could find something to charge her with as well....maybe 'heartlessness' ?

She's a 17yo girl who this 21yo creep and accused killer decided to have sex with. He is an adult with a child. He was responsible for the child's death, if anyone was; she sure as hell wasn't. Seriously, the misogyny aimed at this teenager throughout this thread is super gross. Why would a 17yo want a kid? She's going to college. She wants a life of her own. If she didn't want a life with a kid, then this freak could and should have moved on. This whole thread is more dedicated to talking crap about a teenage girl than caring what happened to this child. The accused killer is actually given more respect and sympathy. Wow.

She's a 17yo girl who this 21yo creep and accused killer decided to have sex with. He is an adult with a child. He was responsible for the child's death, if anyone was; she sure as hell wasn't. Seriously, the misogyny aimed at this teenager throughout this thread is super gross. Why would a 17yo want a kid? She's going to college. She wants a life of her own. If she didn't want a life with a kid, then this freak could and should have moved on. This whole thread is more dedicated to talking crap about a teenage girl than caring what happened to this child. The accused killer is actually given more respect and sympathy. Wow.

If she didn't want a life with a kid, she shouldn't have gotten involved with a man who had one and then done basically everything she could to convince him to get rid of the kid!

If you didn't watch the trail then I suggest you might want to. DJ's 17 yr old girlfriend made it quite clear she did not want Brendan in their relationship. She suggested that DJ give Brendan back to his mother, although DJ loved Brendan so much. DJ loved Brendan so much and also loved his girlfriend so much that she forced the hand for DJ to decide which he should chose of the 2.

I suggest watching the trial so you can see all of the communication between DJ and Julie. That way you have the full context of what was going on. jmo and moo

I am pretty aligned with most feminist values, and I'll still say Julia is a deeply disturbed, mean and manipulative woman. That does not excuse DJ in any way, but he was also not a predatory creep. They really weren't that far apart in mental age IMO. You could also say, what 21 year old guy wants a kid? Julia could have broke it off a lot earlier than she did, but she didn't. She kept stringing him along, feeding him love one minute, then drestroying him the next. They were both toxic and irrepairably naive and it resulted in this boy's death. Had Julie never met DJ, Brendan would still be alive. She was his motive. I am not sympathetic to his actions - he is probably a self-serving and clearly mentally impaired murderer. But I do sympathize with him as a human being, because I feel he never would have done these things in different circumstances. Not all killers are psychopaths.

With that said, I also sympathize with Julia now that she is grown up a bit. She seems to regret that part of her life and how she lived it, and will be haunted by it till the end of her days. In a way, she has already been on trial and lost.

Most of all, I sympathize with Brendan, who never got to go to kindergarten, or get his first kiss. or know what its like to fly on a plane, all because DJ thought Brendan needed to die for his life to go on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back