GUILTY NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exactly! At CB's age -- I clearly recall going home for lunch on a summer day and leaving the door wide open after I let my dog outside and while I grabbed a bite. Never did I expect to be stabbed to death. (Also not saying CB's door was open).

Yes....I too remember those blissfully carefree days. I am so jaded anymore. I sometimes truly hate the world we live in now compared to those long-ago, wonderful times. I had no clue how fortunate I was to not be concerned that some freak or perv was going to stalk and kill me, showing up at my own front door to do it, FGS.

When I became a WS member over ten years ago, these horrific occurrences were rare...now they, along with famillicide (sp? I’m too lazy to look it up, murders of the family), horrific child abuse, torture & murder, gun violence etc. were a rarity. Now we have sadly come to expect them - there are too many to keep track of. I shudder to think of where we will be in another ten years. Now that’s a terribly scary thought.

Yes....I too remember those blissfully carefree days. I am so jaded anymore. I sometimes truly hate the world we live in now compared to those long-ago, wonderful times. I had no clue how fortunate I was to not be concerned that some freak or perv was going to stalk and kill me, showing up at my own front door to do it, FGS.

When I became a WS member over ten years ago, these horrific occurrences were rare...now they, along with famillicide (sp? I’m too lazy to look it up, murders of the family), horrific child abuse, torture & murder, gun violence etc. were a rarity. Now we have sadly come to expect them - there are too many to keep track of. I shudder to think of where we will be in another ten years. Now that’s a terribly scary thought.

Yes, yes, yes!

I was having a conversation earlier how I miss the "greatest generation" of mobsters! Yesterday it was reported that mutilated body parts were found in a mass grave near a pre-school in Mexico. Investigators pieced together parts to identify 18 victims. Last month it was 52 bags-- pieced them together as 24 victims. I was sick reading this. :eek:

The motive could be as simple as showing that he had a crush on her, she didn't reciprocate, but he kept on trying. We'll never know if she had planned to have him come to her apt. that day -- very unlikely, imo -- but it's remotely possible. Maybe she looked at him or said something to him that made him think she might be interested in seeing him or going to lunch with him sometime, etc. -- in his mind only, of course -- and perhaps that's why he was at her apt. that day.

I wouldn't try to introduce the resemblance between his wife and Carolyn and his thoughts of killing his wife, at court without a lot more info & evidence -- it's too much of a stretch, IMO. But you never know...
I'd just go for the spurned co-worker who wanted to have an affair, but that's just me. This case is still in the early stage.

And if this man doesn't take a plea if one is offered, he is really an idiot and even dumber than I thought.

I suspect it was more an obsession by KS. I'm also convinced there's no possibility CB ever planned to see KS at her apartment that afternoon, or ever.

Except for the obvious fact that KS is absolutely evil, I initially believed there was every reason for them to be work friends.
Reportedly, they were both hired by an up and coming firm about the same time, both had great educations, and for a single female making her way in the corporate world, I can see where CB could consider KS a "safe friend" -- especially given that he was married and a new father. Perhaps CB even met his wife at the company Christmas party and by all outside appearances, they seemed to be a happy couple.

However, based on the investigation, I don't believe there's much chance that she had any more interaction with him than passing in the hallway.

When interviewed by police, KS seemed to barely know who CB was-- citing that she stayed in her group, and co-workers seemed alarmed when he indicated that he knew CB's license tag number. I'm sure that not even her closest workmates knew this information!

I too am hopeful that he accepts the plea deal and spares both families a trial. MOO

MOO

Yes, it's a terribly scary thought, Blondie -- I've been here for a while, too. You on the West coast, I on the East coast, and those in the middle -- not much difference WRT where -- the increase in murders, guns, child abuse, general meanness, more fear in neighborhoods, guns, living conditions haven't improved, more drugs, guns, many more school shootings, guns, etc., be it on the East or West sides or the middle of this country. And I'm expecting worse before better.

We WS'ers must stick together here to do what we can, when we can, however we can, to try and make it better for our children and their children and their children's children.

Please pardon the mini-rant...

The motive could be as simple as showing that he had a crush on her, she didn't reciprocate, but he kept on trying. We'll never know if she had planned to have him come to her apt. that day -- very unlikely, imo -- but it's remotely possible. Maybe she looked at him or said something to him that made him think she might be interested in seeing him or going to lunch with him sometime, etc. -- in his mind only, of course -- and perhaps that's why he was at her apt. that day.

I wouldn't try to introduce the resemblance between his wife and Carolyn and his thoughts of killing his wife, at court without a lot more info & evidence -- it's too much of a stretch, IMO. But you never know...
I'd just go for the spurned co-worker who wanted to have an affair, but that's just me. This case is still in the early stage.

And if this man doesn't take a plea if one is offered, he is really an idiot and even dumber than I

And if this man doesn't take a plea if one is offered, he is really an idiot and even dumber than I thought.

Totally agree, @MissyMom -- he was obsessed by her. If it hadn't happened that day, it would have happened some other time, but sooner rather than later.
And by "motive" in my above post, I meant the defense could present it as his having a crush on her and misunderstanding the "signals" (non-existent, I'm sure) she was supposedly sending him. Poor guy, she led him on, ya know, and he just misunderstood. I think they'll try for the pity party instead of his being a sick freeek, which he is IMHO.

Last edited:
Took my dog for a walk today and we walked in front of Carolyn’s building. The person who lives next door to her apartment was coming out of his door. I couldn’t help but think, “ What If”. What if someone called the police when they heard her scream. I hope we hear something shortly about a trial or if Saal took the plea deal.

Took my dog for a walk today and we walked in front of Carolyn’s building. The person who lives next door to her apartment was coming out of his door. I couldn’t help but think, “ What If”. What if someone called the police when they heard her scream. I hope we hear something shortly about a trial or if Saal took the plea deal.
Indicted on 7 charges. Would he be able to take a plea on them all?

"Saal, 30, of Lindenwold, was indicted for first-degree murder, burglary in the second degree, endangering an injured victim, hindering one’s own apprehension, burglary, and possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, all third-degree crimes. The indictment also includes charges of stalking and tampering with evidence, both fourth-degree crimes."

Man Indicted For First-Degree Murder of 2011 Ridge H.S. Graduate

Indicted on 7 charges. Would he be able to take a plea on them all?

"Saal, 30, of Lindenwold, was indicted for first-degree murder, burglary in the second degree, endangering an injured victim, hindering one’s own apprehension, burglary, and possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, all third-degree crimes. The indictment also includes charges of stalking and tampering with evidence, both fourth-degree crimes."

Man Indicted For First-Degree Murder of 2011 Ridge H.S. Graduate

Im not a lawyer, but from what I’ve read he can still take a please deal even after being indicted. This includes up until a jury reaches a guilty verdict.

Im not a lawyer, but from what I’ve read he can still take a please deal even after being indicted. This includes up until a jury reaches a guilty verdict.
I'm sure you're correct. I was wondering about all the charges. Some are less serious than others, particularly murder 1, obviously. My thoughts were about that - whether a plea deal for one charge is a plea deal for all of them.

Yep, he surely can.
Apparently, he has been offered a sweet deal, and he needs to grab it, IMO, and not let go, but I guess I've forgotten how super-smart he is, ya know. So go for it, dude, you can outsmart everyone in the courtroom, right??? :rolleyes::mad:

Something truly horrific was going on in her apartment & no one had the good sense to call the police or knock on her door to see if she was ok.

Something truly horrific was going on in her apartment & no one had the good sense to call the police or knock on her door to see if she was ok.

I have lived near Plainsboro my entire life. It's a well-to-do town and I am surprised no one called the police, or even alerted management in any way. I get that people might not want to get involved in a disturbance. But Plainsboro is not the kind of place where one would frequently hear screams or things like that, in the middle of the day at a nice apartment complex.

I have thought this many times too. It makes me even sadder for her nobody called police or helped her. More photos on the wife's FB came up. Sickening really how many she has up of that sicko and their wedding.

MOD NOTE:

IT IS A VIOLATION OF TOS TO SLEUTH A FAMILY MEMBER’S FACEBOOK.
THIS PERSOM HAS NOT BEEN NAMED AS A SUSPECT IN THIS CASE AND IS OFF LIMITS FOR DISCUSSION. PLEASE POST ACCORDINGLY.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS TO BE RESPECTFUL AND RESPONSIBLE MEMBERS OF WEBSLEUTHS.

CocoChanel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cortneyrose
Back