GUILTY NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess that means he isn't going to take the plea deal and is instead going to drag this out in court.

He's got it all figured out -- because he is smarter than all the rest of them, ya know, so he'll get a light sentence <choke>. No stalking charge, no Murder 1st for him -- just a few years. He'll be back at work in a couple of years. I'm sure he thinks she deserved it -- she was a stuck-up b&%(# -- , right? She couldn't even take the time to say Hello to him in the mornings. Conceited, cruel idiot.

I wonder how long a case of this nature takes to go to trial in that county...

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, and

Welcome to Websleuths,
reallyplainsboro !!

I don’t know, I think this sociopath might think he can convince a jury that he is innocent. Plus, I’m sure he wants his wife to believe he is innocent.
bbm
Poor woman -- I do wonder what she thinks about all this. Has he said or done things in the past to make her wonder about him sometimes? Had he ever mentioned her to him ("some stuck-up woman in the office" or someone who got her own office and shouldn't have, etc)? There's got to be more weirdness to this guy besides what he is accused of doing to Byington -- maybe just subtle stuff or odd comments, and now maybe she puts two and two together. Just wondering...:cool:

Accused lunch break killer visited co-worker’s apartment before and after killing, prosecutors say

<snip> Authorities revealed Google records last month that they say showed Kenneth C. Saal, a 30-year-old Lindenwold man, was near Carol Byington’s apartment on numerous occasions before the 26-year-old was stabbed to death June 10.

During a hearing Thursday morning, Middlesex County Assistant Prosecutor Tzvi Dolinger said data shows Saal’s visits to the complex continued even after Byington was found dead.

Accused lunch break killer visited co-worker’s apartment before and after killing, prosecutors say

Accused lunch break killer visited co-worker’s apartment complex before and after killing, prosecutors say

Oct 24, 2019

[..]

During a hearing Thursday morning, Middlesex County Assistant Prosecutor Tzvi Dolinger said data shows Saal’s visits to the complex continued even after Byington was found dead.

Dolinger previously offered Saal a plea deal of 30 years in prison if he admits to a murder charge. That offer is still on the table, but if Saal turns it down, the prosecution will pursue additional charges including stalking and burglary, Dolinger said on Thursday. Those charges come with “aggravating factors” which could put Saal in prison for the rest of his life, the prosecutor said.

Authorities have said that Saal, a married father, had an infatuation with Byington and was stalking her.

[...]

Saal has maintained he was working on his car alone at a small park on Canal Pointe Boulevard in Princeton when the killing occurred.

Five of Byington’s family members and friends were in the courtroom Thursday, but declined comment after the hearing.

Saal didn’t speak during the proceedings, and sat calmly with his hands clasped in front of him.

[...]

Dolinger said the prosecution plans to assemble a grand jury panel by mid-November if Saal rejects the plea deal.

<snip> Authorities revealed Google records last month that they say showed Kenneth C. Saal, a 30-year-old Lindenwold man, was near Carol Byington’s apartment on numerous occasions before the 26-year-old was stabbed to death June 10.

So it wasn't just a resident who identified him as being there, it was electronic data. And he visited AFTER he killed her?!?! Oh my god, that is seriously deranged. So disturbing.

There is A LOT of evidence against him. 30 years is a great offer, he should take it. But it's nowhere near enough for what Carolyn suffered!

Why would he be visiting the complex after her murder?

Is that part of his obsession with her even after her murder?

With investigators moving in and out, undercover hanging around, cameras possibly set up and residents on high alert - I don't understand why he would return to the complex.

IF it is true, I suppose he may not take the plea deal and risk it all at a trial. I wonder if family has the kind of money needed to fight these charges. I think I read that he would have to serve the 30 years in the plea deal that was offered. Is that accurate?

IDK, out at 60 years old - I think risk trial due to heavy circumstantial evidence IMO.

I'd like to know more about the DNA testing. I thought there was further DNA testing being done. Do I have that right? Interestingly, no mention of the DNA evidence in today's article.

I agree with those if you thinking he might not take the plea deal. All his actions seem to point to arrogance and entitlement, IMO...enough to cause him to believe he would get away with this horrible crime. I hope they throw several books at him and put him away for a very long time, plea deal or not.

I agree with those if you thinking he might not take the plea deal. All his actions seem to point to arrogance and entitlement, IMO...enough to cause him to believe he would get away with this horrible crime. I hope they throw several books at him and put him away for a very long time, plea deal or not.

Returning to the complex, if true, is high risk-taking behavior. Maybe, gets a rush, idk. Like his earlier traffic violations.

Why would he be visiting the complex after her murder?

Is that part of his obsession with her even after her murder?

With investigators moving in and out, undercover hanging around, cameras possibly set up and residents on high alert - I don't understand why he would return to the complex.

IF it is true, I suppose he may not take the plea deal and risk it all at a trial. I wonder if family has the kind of money needed to fight these charges. I think I read that he would have to serve the 30 years in the plea deal that was offered. Is that accurate?

IDK, out at 60 years old - I think risk trial due to heavy circumstantial evidence IMO.

I'd like to know more about the DNA testing. I thought there was further DNA testing being done. Do I have that right? Interestingly, no mention of the DNA evidence in today's article.

There's a lot of great info out about Profiling a Murderer.

I think one of the main reasons perpetrators return to the scene is to psychologically relive the crime. This sicko may even drive the identical route to get there, fantasizing the rush he felt to surprise and attack CB.

The second reason to return is curiosity about the investigation -- am I going to get away with it.

If KS noticed that there was a constant presence of investigators and forensic people at the apartment, he's thinking they are still looking for evidence, and that is a good thing as it was not readily available to them.

I think he must have been elated when crime scene was soon turned back over to the management, and then weeks, months went by with no coverage, no information, nothing.

KS probably convinced himself there was little or no evidence found. All that time pumping up his narc/pathetic ego how smart he was and investigators too stupid to figure it out.

For this killer, control and dominance is crucial. Self disclosure is his greatest fear. He cannot handle the facts of his depravity spoken before his peers, family, and friends for they may change their minds about him.

He's going to accept the plea agreement but he's going to control how and when, and it will be at the last minute.

MOO

There's a lot of great info out about Profiling a Murderer.

I think one of the main reasons perpetrators return to the scene is to psychologically relive the crime. This sicko may even drive the identical route to get there, fantasizing the rush he felt to surprise and attack CB.

The second reason to return is curiosity about the investigation -- am I going to get away with it.

If KS noticed that there was a constant presence of investigators and forensic people at the apartment, he's thinking they are still looking for evidence, and that is a good thing as it was not readily available to them.

I think he must have been elated when crime scene was soon turned back over to the management, and then weeks, months went by with no coverage, no information, nothing.

KS probably convinced himself there was little or no evidence found. All that time pumping up his narc/pathetic ego how smart he was and investigators too stupid to figure it out.

For this killer, control and dominance is crucial. Self disclosure is his greatest fear. He cannot handle the facts of his depravity spoken before his peers, family, and friends for they may change their minds about him.

He's going to accept the plea agreement but he's going to control how and when, and it will be at the last minute.

MOO

Great insight. Helps to me to understand why this sociopath would return to the scene of the murder after the crime. Was he caught on camera in the laundry room? I know most complex laundry rooms have security cameras. His obsession with her was so strong that he was frequently visiting her complex before he killed her? Going to places she would go? So disturbing.
How do prosecutors know he was not in some sort of relationship with her? (I don't think he was). Because visits to her complex before, and being seen in her laundry room would lead to that.. but I am thinking there is probably no evidence at all of texts/emails/calls from Carolyn to him. This guy was just a complete stalker turned murderer.
It really is all so chilling I can't even try to think/figure it anymore. I feel so sorry for this poor wonderful girl who probably had no idea he was stalking her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonecold
Back