GUILTY NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So agree with you. To this sicko, the working on his car is the perfect alibi. Narcissistic, pathological liar only cares about himself and surely thinks he can get away with anything.

do people think that he worked out this alibi in advance, or was it just the first thing that popped into his head when he was going to be late?

Following a slew of detailed allegations, judge keeps accused lunch break killer in jail

Saal left work at 12:47p which would get him to Hunters Glen @1p when screams were heard by Carolyn’s neighbors. Police pegged his car in the vicinity of Hunters Glen @ 2:04p and also cellphone pings put him in that area at that time. That would give him @ 40 minutes to get back to work for meeting with boss. He may have been able to drive down Canal Pointe Blvd & back to work but not much time for fixing a car.

not that I am an expert on compulsive killers, but if you were planning on killing some one (!), wouldn't you pick a day when you did NOT have an afternoon meeting scheduled with your boss? seems that S just really went off a deep end here and lost touch with reality, IMO.

do people think that he worked out this alibi in advance, or was it just the first thing that popped into his head when he was going to be late?
I'm not sure that he worked out an alibi in advance. But if he did, he barely thought it through. When the police asked him if he took a lunch that day and where he went, he said just to a park area nearby, do some work on my car. The the police interviewer asked, "Did you EAT lunch?" and he totally froze...long deep breath...nervous sounding sigh... and not have an answer ready at all. "Uhhhh.....that's a good question."

"Honestly...I imagine I did. I...don't really know what."
"You don't remember?"
Shrug. "No..if I was over by the park, usually I'll go to the Wendy's near there, for lunch."

He did not seem prepared for that question or have any answer ready if he actually ate lunch. So it doesn't seem like he put much thought into a great alibi or timeline to account for his whereabouts.

Avalon Zoppo on Twitter

Disappointed also that more information hasn't been shared with the public.

As for the creep thinking his alibi through-- I agree- he didn't seem to really think through a good alibi. It makes it seem like he did not plan out the murder...that he might have just snapped. Maybe he asked her to go to lunch together, she declined...Maybe something set him off. He thought he was just going to follow her to see where she was going since he was obsessed with her.. but his anger exploded. I really don't know. Impossible to make sense of insane actions.

I really hope her family is doing as okay as can be. They are much stronger/better people than I am. I don't think I could ever get over my anger towards the piece of ----

I don’t know the mind of such a person — I wonder if his intentions at first being in her apt. was not to kill her but maybe she defended herself finding him in her home, and he wound up killing her ???

I’d don’t know... then again if you don’t kill the person, how do you go back to working with she/he afterwards and everything be “ok”..

Maybe he was in her place to hide and watch her and not kill her that day but she caught him.. ?

Last edited:
I don’t know the mind of such a person — I wonder if his intentions at first being in her apt. was not to kill her but maybe she defended herself finding him in her home, and he wound up killing her ???

I’d don’t know... then again if you don’t kill the person, how do you go back to working with she/he afterwards and everything be “ok”..

Maybe he was in her place to hide and watch her and not kill her that day but she caught him.. ?
Or to try and kindle a relationship, which she rejected and it went downhill from there. I had the feeling from the beginning when we learned about his arrest, that it was an obsessional kind of love interest, on his part solely. JMO

I don’t think winding up in her home (which I think she didn’t let him in best I recall) ... was to kindle a relationship?? If he’s a thrill seeker in this way I think maybe he just wanted to get in close proximity to she ...without her knowing???
Then again, you may be right... I don’t know how a situation as such in this type of persons mind “makes sense” and how it escalates...

I feel for she—an innocent, young woman ....and her friends and family especially, left with this to live with, without Carolyn.

And this guy’s wife and young child too ...

I don’t think winding up in her home (which I think she didn’t let him in best I recall) ... was to kindle a relationship?? If he’s a thrill seeker in this way I think maybe he just wanted to get in close proximity to she ...without her knowing???
Then again, you may be right... I don’t know how a situation as such in this type of persons mind “makes sense” and how it escalates...

I feel for she—an innocent, young woman ....and her friends and family especially, left with this to live with, without Carolyn.

And this guy’s wife and young child too ...
I was thinking that he might have had the ego to say to himself "If I can only get her alone, I can convince her...because he wanted to have a physical relationship with her, which would require more privacy...JMO, of course.

I think he did plan this out, the problem is that he wasn't as clever as he thought he was. The main thing that did him in was that he didn't account for his cell phone giving away his location. The fact that he was at the apartment complex both before and after the murder shows me that he was planning out his steps and trying to stay ahead of the investigation. Him having a scheduled meeting after the murder would help his alibi because it would throw doubt on how he could commit such a gruesome act and then show up to work it actually plays into his narrative. That along with being in a secluded park fixing his car. I think the question of did he eat lunch was used to throw off his rehearsed answers. He probably practiced what he would say to the point that a random yet common question like that would throw off his lies because he wouldn't have accounted for that in his planning. I think he stalked her to learn her routines, see how long it takes her to get home, how often. Any vantage points, How long it would take him to quickly leave. Were there any cameras or places he could hide, how many people were around at different times of the day. I definitely think he planned this out carefully.

I think he did plan this out, the problem is that he wasn't as clever as he thought he was. The main thing that did him in was that he didn't account for his cell phone giving away his location. The fact that he was at the apartment complex both before and after the murder shows me that he was planning out his steps and trying to stay ahead of the investigation. Him having a scheduled meeting after the murder would help his alibi because it would throw doubt on how he could commit such a gruesome act and then show up to work it actually plays into his narrative. That along with being in a secluded park fixing his car. I think the question of did he eat lunch was used to throw off his rehearsed answers. He probably practiced what he would say to the point that a random yet common question like that would throw off his lies because he wouldn't have accounted for that in his planning. I think he stalked her to learn her routines, see how long it takes her to get home, how often. Any vantage points, How long it would take him to quickly leave. Were there any cameras or places he could hide, how many people were around at different times of the day. I definitely think he planned this out carefully.

@DAB I agree. I think this was a planned attack, probably something he was planning for a long time.

They had been working together for around 3 years. Even if you don't directly work with someone you still see them during company holiday events and team meetings. I feel like this is something that grew and festered over time. If what the anonymous caller said was true and he had fantasies about murdering his wife this could have been something that evolved out of that given how closely they resemble each other. I feel like there's enough evidence here to prove he did it but I don't think the actual motive will be as easy to prove.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back