NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe Carolyn would touch that creep with a 10 foot pole. I'm going with the theory that she had some sort of info that could get him fired. It's also possible, based on his co-workers' statements, that she inadvertently did something that threatened his ego at work. If he was indeed vandalizing cars at his old job, he sounds like the vindictive type.

My first choice is sexual predator/stalker/obsession. Next is profesional jealousy or retaliation for somehing she already did or said about him.

Kenneth Saal hired attorney before being suspected in Carolyn Byington’s murder

<snip> The New Jersey accountant charged in the fatal knifing of his co-worker hired an attorney days after the murder to find out more about the investigation, raising initial red flags to authorities, law enforcement sources told The Post Friday.

Before 30-year-old Kenneth Saal was even considered a suspect in the June 10 slaying of Carolyn Byington, 26, he retained the attorney, sources said.

NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

It will be interesting to see how his lawyer plans on explaining his DNA under her fingernails.

It sounds like there was some rage involved here -- if so, why? Did he make a pass at her and she rebuffed him? Did he talk with her as if he were single? Did he think she said something about him at work to make him look bad? Did she find out he was married and then ask him to leave her alone and to refrain from trying to have a personal relationship? Who knoze? Just random thoughts. Something set this man off, IMO.

After reading some comments on FB articles I predict we are going to find out that the co-workers knew a lot about what was going on with this guy and were immediately convened for her safety because of his behavior. I have a feeling he may have been the first and only suspect right off the bat.

I hate that no one called 911.

I live alone in an apartment and hope all the time someone would call if they heard weird sounds from my apartment or come check at least. My neighbors know I live alone and I can hear them fairly clearly.

I had a young woman next door for a while and her mom came to my door one night and asked me to call 911 if I ever heard anything I was unsure of coming from her apartment.

But I guess people don’t think “danger” in the middle of the day. :(

And also maybe they couldn't exactly tell from where the sound came until later when the cops came. And it could be anything. A joke. A fight. The TV.

N.J. man accused of slaying co-worker on her lunch break maintains his innocence
Saal’s family also vehemently denies his involvement in the slaying. No family member was present at the hearing Friday morning.

“He is not involved in this. He is a great man, he is a family man, and we know that he is innocent,” his sister, Lauren Saal told NJ Advance Media in a phone interview before refusing to comment further.

Teeter said the evidence in the case, including computer discs, documentation, phones and a computer will need to be reviewed before Tuesday’s detention hearing.

Last edited:
Right, but I'm pondering what the defense team might *TRY* to convince the jury, not what actually happened.

jmo

Just brainstorming with you...could Claim he had a close platonic friendship with her which included eating lunch with her during their lunch hours at her place, or could Claim was having an intimate affair with her & left her apartment prior to her being murdered by someone else.

In the Karina Vetrano case, the defense battled the pros re dna evidence (incl found under her fingernails) in a way I had never seen before (convicted at second trial)!

After reading some comments on FB articles I predict we are going to find out that the co-workers knew a lot about what was going on with this guy and were immediately convened for her safety because of his behavior. I have a feeling he may have been the first and only suspect right off the bat.

I was thinking this too. A coworker call the police to do a welfare check when she never returned from lunch. He might have seemed harmless like a married guy that was maybe a little weird and Carolyn seemed like a nice person that might have been kind to him. Sometimes other people see warning signs that you can't see if you believe a person is your friend. Her coworkers might have noticed things that were odd or they suspected he was too into her before her murder, but possibly not anything overtly creepy or criminal. Coworkers and friends didn't speakout much about her murder it might have been because the police were getting evidence on the suspect and wanted everyone to keep quiet until it could be confirmed. That would be weird working with someone you suspected of murdering a coworker.

N.J. man accused of slaying co-worker on her lunch break maintains his innocence
Saal’s family also vehemently denies his involvement in the slaying. No family member was present at the hearing Friday morning.

“He is not involved in this. He is a great man, he is a family man, and we know that he is innocent,” his sister, Lauren Saal told NJ Advance Media in a phone interview before refusing to comment further.

Teeter said the evidence in the case, including computer discs, documentation, phones and a computer will need to be reviewed before Tuesday’s detention hearing.
Typical reaction from family members. No one wants to believe their brother or son or husband is capable of committing a crime like this. It's to their credit that LE had their "i's dotted and t's crossed" before arresting him. DNA evidence, video surveillance footage of his car, testimony from co-workers about his prolonged absence from work at lunch and cuts and scratches on his hands, and I'm betting a few other cards they're holding up their sleeves. Whatever that weapon charge involves - was it found in his possession maybe?

He will have a tough time denying this/escaping conviction. IMHO

Typical reaction from family members. No one wants to believe their brother or son or husband is capable of committing a crime like this. It's to their credit that LE had their "i's dotted and t's crossed" before arresting him. DNA evidence, video surveillance footage of his car, testimony from co-workers about his prolonged absence from work at lunch and cuts and scratches on his hands, and I'm betting a few other cards they're holding up their sleeves. Whatever that weapon charge involves - was it found in his possession maybe?

He will have a tough time denying this/escaping conviction. IMHO
To add to my post...consider how guilty and paranoid he appeared to be acting before he was arrested. I'm presuming he was losing sleep at night wondering if he would be caught. I sincerely doubt he could carry himself off as an innocent in an actual court case.

The sleuther that mentioned delaying traffic violations...I googled up the violation, it is no points, just a fee given out as a slap on the wrist courtesy to drivers with so many moving violations. My guess is he could be very charming to the officers who pulled him over after they even saw his extensive violations. How many times was he was pulled over and given just warnings? The rest of us would probably be handcuffed in the back of the patrol car and dropped by every insurance company. His list points a very narcissistic personality IMO. Wow. I am guessing that he was great at scamming people IMOO.

I tend to agree. He knew where her apartment was, not just the complex but her actual door. He was able to get there quickly, on his lunch break. And she didn't tell anybody why she was going home? I think she purposely met him there and he had been there before.

Also, I found his wife's occupation and she probably made more money than he did. So maybe money wasn't a concern, or losing his job wasn't a concern. I am leaning toward personal relationship at this point, too.

bbm
I don't see any type of romantic thing on her part, at least -- maybe they had a type of kinship because they both came to work there about the same time (IIANM). Maybe they sat & talked during a break or during a bag lunch at work a time or two, but I just don't see her encouraging him in any way other than sharing a table with him. Did he think he saw a little "come-on" from her even though she was just being nice? Sometimes you see what you wanna see...
Maybe we'll find out what his true motive was -- let's hope. Maybe he was just plain weird.

I’m going to guess that he asked to borrow something from her and that’s why she would agree to meet him there over lunch break. Why he wanted to kill her is a whole other question. He may have tried to attack her and she resisted.
Or maybe he made a pass at her then tried to get her on the couch or to her bedroom, etc., and it when horribly downhill from there.
I wonder if he returned to work after lunch... If not, LE may have put him on the "list" that very day. I would think LE talked with her co-workers asap -- maybe one or more of them knew she was meeting him at her apt? If so, hmmmm, he might have been put at the top of the list...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya