NJ NJ - David Anderson, 31, New Hope, 2 Oct 2000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was at a high school event this weekend, and I sat near a group from Palisades High School. It took me a minute to realize why I knew that name- it is where David Anderson attended. And then I thought- most, if not all, of the people here from that school probably know nothing about David or what happened to him. And it was a very weird feeling, having a pang of sadness for this man that I never knew, being unknown in his own town, all in the midst of a high energy event.

Anywho, I just wanted to clean up a little, and link some articles about DA that were posted in SM's thread, so they don't get lost. I've been meaning to do it and I guess that was my reminder :) And big thanks to GoingByMyGut for finding and posting the articles! :rocker:

Dead man found near canal
31-year-old Delaware Township man discovered by man walking dog
DATE POSTED: Thursday, September 20, 2007 2:45 PM EDT
By: Cynthia Williamson

Autopsy results inconclusive on man found in creek
UPDATE

Authories await toxicological tests of dead man
Autopsy results were 'inconclusive'
DATE POSTED: Thursday, September 20, 2007 2:44 PM EDT

Dead man found near canal
31-year-old Delaware Township man discovered by man walking dog

According to this article, DA was found floating faceup and LE said the body appeared to be in the canal for only a short time.

I thought if someone drowned, their body would be found floating facedown, and that the contents of the body would naturally settle in the front/belly area. If disturbed, the body would naturally assume this position again. For example, is something disturbed the body (a boat, for example) the body would just go face down again.

From what I have read, if the body is found face up, it would mean that the person did not die in the water, and was placed in the water instead? If you go on Killer Killer's website there is a good article about Drowning.

So, if DA was found faceup, and the information I posted is correct, how could it be that he drowned in the water.

So, if DA was found faceup, and the information I posted is correct, how could it be that he drowned in the water.
This has bothered me since I read it. It is atypical of drownings. It may have something to do with the water being relatively shallow there. I don't know too much about it, and knew virtually nothing before becoming involved with SM/DA, but it does seem off.

hey..let me know if i can help with questions..i was there..
Hi, formerwildcat! Um, wow, I'm not sure where to start. What do you mean by you "were there"? Do you mean in NH/L'ville when David died? At J&Ps? Was he a friend of yours? I'm sure we have a bunch of questions. It is so hard to find information from that time. If you can tell us a little more about your connection we can go from there. Thanks!

hi. da was a dear friend. i wasn't there that friday..but remember it like yesterday...went home early cause there were checkpoints. i remember when the first person stopped by asking if i had seen him the next day at work..he hadnt shown up for band practice. we all thought he may have just went home with someone.i also remember the phone call monday afternoon. they just found a body in swan creek. and it maybe davids. i headed to town as soon as i was able to drive.

hi. da was a dear friend. i wasn't there that friday..but remember it like yesterday...went home early cause there were checkpoints. i remember when the first person stopped by asking if i had seen him the next day at work..he hadnt shown up for band practice. we all thought he may have just went home with someone.i also remember the phone call monday afternoon. they just found a body in swan creek. and it maybe davids. i headed to town as soon as i was able to drive.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I've come to know a little about David in learning about him, and he sounds like someone I would have liked :)

So you've already brought up something we have wondered about: were people looking for him? It sounds like people were aware that he was missing. From what we've tried to piece together, he had had an apartment (out side of Lambertville maybe?) but was supposed to stay with friends that Friday night, right? Was that because of the checkpoints? Do you know whose place he was supposed to stay at, or where that was? The reports are conflicting/vague. Do you know if anyone actually looked for him, or was it more just asking around?

The big piece of David's story that we haven't been able to find out too much about is the "mystery" website. Do you know anything about the theories that were circulating?

Oh, one other thing you can clarify- one news report said that the area where David was found was a place he sometimes went when he was drinking. Is this true? And if so, do you know why?

Thanks for helping. I'm sorry if any of these questions are too painful or personal- if so, just say so!

david was awesome,and well liked and loved.i am not aware that he would go there while drinking alone.he wasn't fond of the water.we were kind of surprised he even went that way home..it's dark.it was july, it had been raining..it was just a short cut back to the house. he lived there sometimes.people looked for him,but it wasn't like sarah. we were 13 years younger. it was out of the question he may be dead.the check points were in pa. i dont know about nj. the place he had lived and stayed at was a few blocks from the bridge. not sure who was living there at the time. the mystery website may have had conspiracy theories on it..i don't remember,it wasn't up long. no one believed he just "fell in" either.

Thanks, formerwildcat! Did you know Sarah, too? Are you still in the area? Either way, it must be hard to hear about her and remember what happened with David. Are there any connections between David and Sarah that you can remember?

Also, someone that knew DA mentioned drugs (heroin, specifically) being involved with DA. That was not reported publicly. Do you think there could be any truth to that?

no one believed he just "fell in" either.
What did/do people think happened?

hi...yup..i've know sarah for almost 20 years...im still here..it was sad..which was one of the reasons we were certain sarah would NOT have walked the towpath..we all got very cautious after david. i had NEVER heard of heroin,until this page. david didnt even smoke pot so im not sure where that info came from. we all drink. but to be drunk enough to "fall in" is unlikely. the towpath is 4 feet wide..hard to "slip". i think when people die..the rumors begin. no matter how bad, i have heard some gut wrenching things. that was why when i saw this page.i had to chime in...one thing i know..my friend was told from an emt..he said david looked like he had the crap beaten out of him.

hi...yup..i've know sarah for almost 20 years...im still here..it was sad..which was one of the reasons we were certain sarah would NOT have walked the towpath..we all got very cautious after david. i had NEVER heard of heroin,until this page. david didnt even smoke pot so im not sure where that info came from. we all drink. but to be drunk enough to "fall in" is unlikely. the towpath is 4 feet wide..hard to "slip". i think when people die..the rumors begin. no matter how bad, i have heard some gut wrenching things. that was why when i saw this page.i had to chime in...one thing i know..my friend was told from an emt..he said david looked like he had the crap beaten out of him.

Thank you so much for posting.. I just have a hard time believing that either one of these two went in that water on their own.

AS soon as I read of all the people saying that Dave was afraid of water... It makes no sense that he would get to it close ALONE.. SO someone had to be with him, Or someone helped him in fighting for his life.

I don't believe Sarah's death was an accident. I can not see it in any way that they have explained it.

I am so glad you are here with your thoughts and insight!

Was he Living with Adam then?? Or just staying over the weekend? Do you know Adam??

ive know adam for more then 20 years..i can't remember at that point if david was living there,or just staying..he lived there at times..we never really thought davids death was an accident..it is nice to get input from people not from the area...a friend talked to the medical examiner a few times..he wasn't allowed to volunteer info..but he answered questions..thing is..where david was found..there was a slant/incline of grass into the canal...which he wouldve had to slide down...still wouldn't have ended him up where he ended up.

I am kind of local.. Bucks County... I love NH and My Dh and I spent most of our dating years in both NH and Lambertville walking the streets and eating in all the restaurants.. Did the ghost tours too :)

I have walked the canals there and I have not been able to picture how David got where he did. And then after having that happen, Sarah walking alone at night goes down the towpath?? It makes no sense to me..

I don't believe either death was accidental.

there were many "theories" about david...problem is..once the officials say "they were drunk" its generally done. they don't have anything else to say. we certainly feel that david had some help getting in the water..

there were many "theories" about david...problem is..once the officials say "they were drunk" its generally done. they don't have anything else to say. we certainly feel that david had some help getting in the water..

I know what you mean. It is so easy to say drinking.. Thing is I know people who would legally be drunk but they could walk better than me sober.. :)

That means little to me. Very little to me. Do people have any idea how many drunks there are walking around in NH and Lambertville, on a given weekend???

HA..

Drunk or not, It makes no sense.

welcome former wildcat!!
I am sorry for both of your losses. I cannot even imagine.
I am from Delaware Township, transplanted to Indianapolis a year ago, but know the area well. Husband and I had our first date in NH.
Some of my questions are:
Has anyone ever requested an autopsy report on DA? I have wondered about the facial lacerations they talked about. I just don't see how he could have acquired those, especially since they said he was found face up. Doesn't make sense to me.

Also, has there been any talk about the bridge master? i recall reading that the Bridgemaster saw DA one minute that night, then he was gone the next.

I'm curious as to whether there would have been one the night SM disappeared as well.

Do you believe there is any connection to the SM and DA deaths? I know there are "connections", like AB, BrotherEye, J&Ps, but I'm wondering if you can think of any other commonalities?

thanks...as i recall..the autopsy wasn't made public. we assume he fell in the canal and went over the falls..although,we aren't sure. we went to the spot numerous times,and we don't get it.w threw stuff in to see where it would go..etc.we aren't even sure he was in there for the weekend.how could no one have noticed over a warm july weekend at the falls?.we were told he had a bump on the top of his head and his hands were clenched with grass inside.we were also told he was aware he was drowning.the umbrella was never found. a few friends id'd him from a photo of the body. there is always a bridge cop on duty..

so does anyone know who can request autopsy records? i know we discussed this in SM thread, but I can't recall. I wonder if we could get some media interest in this to request them?

formerwildcat- If DA had grass in clenched hands, he could not have died of drowning IMO. When someone falls into water, I can totally see grabbing grass or anything as one is slipping in. However, once in the water, I would think the survival instinct kicks in and hands would be flailing in an attempt to not drown. In that case, I doubt grass would be left in hands and they would no longer be clenched.
Makes me kind of wonder if he was dead prior to going into the water. Would you agree?
This is why access to the autopsy report would be the first item of importance to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler
Back