AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it is safe to say that LE continues to speak to as many people at the park as possible on a daily basis because people that were there Monday may come back later that they did NOt speak to Monday and they want to speak to EVERYONE. So the witness report about the man with the red van came the next day amd that initiated the Amber Alert.
We have seen the Amber Alert information be very wrong on past cases...it makes me wonder sometimes if they just run with the 1st report so they can meet the requirements for an Amber Alert, as much as I hate to say that.

Not to mention they're now saying the person they were describing may actually be a witness only and have key information and that they just want to talk to them.

"“However, the investigation has led us to a place where we just want to talk to the man described,” she said. “We need more information from the public.”

Amber Alert update: Search expands with hopes missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez is still alive

ETA

"As they give you information, you need to take every piece of information that you get as credible. Now, if we got that information and didn’t put it out and didn’t issue an Amber Alert, everyone here would be criticizing us for not doing that.

Yeah. I think this red van is either someone who happened to be there (innocently), or there was no red van in the first place.

Law enforcement would have been forced to put this information out, if only to cover their bases.

The lack of specificity here is probably an indication of this.

Yeah, I agree. If they had obtained that info from the witnesses the day it happened, I would find it more likely / believable. But if I am understanding correctly, they had to be reinterviewed to get that info out of them. Why wouldn’t they have said it the first time?

I believe it is safe to say that LE continues to speak to as many people at the park as possible on a daily basis because people that were there Monday may come back later that they did NOt speak to Monday and they want to speak to EVERYONE. So the witness report about the man with the red van came the next day amd that initiated the Amber Alert.
We have seen the Amber Alert information be very wrong on past cases...it makes me wonder sometimes if they just run with the 1st report so they can meet the requirements for an Amber Alert, as much as I hate to say that.

Ohhh good point. In order to be able to get the alert out maybe they just leaned hard on someone, such as, “are you sure you didn’t see *any* little girl leaving with someone??” Which, I can totally see why LE would run with any possible description just to be able to get the alert made. I just hope this red van hasn’t made people only be looking for a red van and miss her because it was the wrong car. When I get an amber alert while I’m out and about, my eyes are peeled for the specific car first and foremost.

Yeah, I agree. If they had obtained that info from the witnesses the day it happened, I would find it more likely / believable. But if I am understanding correctly, they had to be reinterviewed to get that info out of them. Why wouldn’t they have said it the first time?

I agree. This is something they would have put out immediately, had they been privy to this information from the get-go.

Every second counts, and they wouldn’t sit on this if they believed it was credible.

I wonder if a lot of people at the park scattered and left once they saw police which is making it that much more difficult to get any witness accounts. People with immigration status issues would definitely get out of there quickly.

The press conference was too little too late IMOO. I CANNOT believ the FBI didn't come in sooner than they did. That is the NUMBER 1 first thing Bridgetin should have done especially a 5 year old missing child.
Do we know when FBI was called?

I am starting to think that even with a reward of $35,000, people may be too worried about immigration status to offer information. I know LE stated they would not ask questions regarding status, but I know there is still fear of talking to them.
You are absolutely right! IMO the perv who took Dulce is familiar with this community and knows that people will be afraid to come forward with any information because of their immigration status.
I hope someone says something and Dulce can be found safe soon!

Ohhh good point. In order to be able to get the alert out maybe they just leaned hard on someone, such as, “are you sure you didn’t see *any* little girl leaving with someone??” Which, I can totally see why LE would run with any possible description just to be able to get the alert made. I just hope this red van hasn’t made people only be looking for a red van and miss her because it was the wrong car. When I get an amber alert while I’m out and about, my eyes are peeled for the specific car first and foremost.
Appreciate we may be making some assumptions here, but if red van guy could be exonerated, hopefully he has been (unless he has concerns about his immigration status, what a thing that is to have in this mix).

The thing I find interesting about red van man, if the witness statements did not immediately raise alarm, is that the abduction may therefore have been calm, normal looking. No screaming, no struggle. Which does suggest to me, that Dulce may have known him.

JMO

I understand as you do, except for the last. I think the mother could see the playground but not necessarily see the kids at all times because the playground is down a slope. I could be wrong.

The only parking lot that is 30 yards away is directly South of the playground, and there are trees and buildings between the parking lot and the playground.

upload_2019-9-21_14-23-44.png

Ref for playground photo

I wonder if a lot of people at the park scattered and left once they saw police which is making it that much more difficult to get any witness accounts. People with immigration status issues would definitely get out of there quickly.

Do we know how populated the area they were was? Was it fairly busy that day or kind of empty? That is a very good point, and I certainly wouldn’t blame anyone for making themselves scarce given the circumstances.

Do we know that he did not have a warrant?

Because if he had a warrant, they had zero choice in the matter.

If not, then they basically shot themselves in the foot.

I mean...I get that and normally would agree. However, given the absolute urgency of a missing child and a potential stranger abduction, unless any warrant he may have had was for a violent crime, I think the police or ICE or whoever should have used their discretion and waited. It isn’t like they don’t know where to find him now. They could have waited.

Appreciate we may be making some assumptions here, but if red van guy could be exonerated, hopefully he has been (unless he has concerns about his immigration status, what a thing that is to have in this mix).

The thing I find interesting about red van man, if the witness statements did not immediately raise alarm, is that the abduction may therefore have been calm, normal looking. No screaming, no struggle. Which does suggest to me, that Dulce may have known him.

JMO

Red pants, black shirt, orange sneakers and a red van - not exactly stealthy.

I think that investigators need to announce that the $35k reward is available to everyone, and that reporting information about the disappearance will not result in deportation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring