AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but fighting for custody and outright international kidnapping are two completely different things. I personally don't think parental kidnapping is the case here. I wish it were so because Dulce would be alive and well if this was a parental kidnapping, but I don't think so. I think, sadly, Dulce was abducted and likely killed within a few hours.
I think that's going through all of our minds, but we're hanging on to hope that this may be a custody issue- which would mean that hopefully, Dulce is safe somewhere, loved and well cared for. Many of us have seen too many deceased children the last couple of years- the numbers are going up every week, never a mind year, on this site alone.

Last edited:
A retired FBI agent is opining about the search for a missing Cumberland County girl and how it’s playing out as authorities enter the second week of looking for the child and her alleged abductor.

J.J. Klaver suggests, at this point, that whoever took Dulce Maria Alavez is almost certainly a stranger, which he says is a rarity. And given the location of her disappearance, finding evidence to aid in the search is difficult.

“It leads me to believe they don’t have a lot of solid leads to go on,” Klaver said. “They probably have not located very good video of the vehicle but they’re certainly going to continue to try to locate that if they can.”

“There is reluctance and resistance to cooperate with law enforcement for fear of deportation, and that is real,” Klaver added. “Law enforcement agencies across the country struggle with this in getting members of immigrant communities to cooperate with law enforcement.” Cont’d @
FBI expert: Fear from immigrant community may hinder search for missing Bridgeton girl

Audio of above broadcast:
https://19743.mc.tritondigital.com/...n_girl.mp3?t=1569349486&dl=1&utm_source=Embed

FBI Talked with Dulce's Father in Mexico; Still No New Leads

Quotes from article:

Dulce María Alavez's little brother, the last person to see the missing girl, has told police he saw a man "waving his hand, like 'come over here,'" according to Dulce's mother.

Dulce disappeared without a trace, with police unable to find even the 5-year-old's ice cream cup or spoon, her mother, Noema Alavez told NBC10 on Tuesday, eight days since she vanished from a park in rural southern New Jersey.

https://www.nj.com/cumberland/2019/...arch-for-missing-5-year-old-dulce-alavez.html
  • What’s the number for the Bridgeton Police Department? 856-451-0033. Tips may also be emailed to the police at tips@cityofbridgeton.com
  • Can I email a tip to the prosecutor? Yes, the Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office has a secure quick tip submissions line. Tips may not be received until the following day, however, so if you want someone to receive the information right away you should call 856-453-0486 x11100
  • What is the number for the New Jersey State Police Missing Persons Unit? Reach them at 609-882-2000, ext. 2554
  • How do I submit photos and videos? Investigators have said anyone in the Bridgeton City Park Recreational Area between 3-6 p.m. on Sept. 16 should check their cellphones to see if they took photos or videos while in the area. The FBI has set up this online form for the upload of photos and videos.
  • What should immigrants who entered the U.S. without legal permission do if they have information about Dulce Maria Alavez’s disappearance? Bridgeton police Chief Michael Gaimari said anyone with information about the case can talk to his investigators without having to reveal whether they are living in the country legally. His department is covered by the new state “Immigrant Trust Directive,” which forbids local police from asking about immigration status except in rare case

Maybe she did to LE but not to the media. It could very well be that LE doesn't want her to mention this to the media right now, so that if he is in hiding or someone close to him took Dulce, they don't want to alert them that they are on to them.

I know of cases to which LE and FBI coaches parents what to say and not to say ahead of time, before a press conference and interviews. So for now, I will give her the benefit of the doubt, just in case she did tell them this information.
The issue of the father (along with a picture) and custody is discussed in this off camera interview.

FBI Talked with Dulce's Father in Mexico; Still No New Leads

Everything so far following my suspicions right from the start - and probably those of quite a few others here too - when certain facts starting coming out. Just a case of finding the child.

I do feel slightly more, hopeful, however, that she may be alive.

I wonder if any undocumented residents have called in tips or spoken to LE directly without any hassle or questions of their status. If so, I wish there was a way for those people to still remain anonymous if they wish, yet somehow also spread the word to their fellow community members that they didn't have a negative experience with LE.

“Investigators have collected a significant amount of video, both commercial and residential, from the area the missing child was last observed and from throughout the city based on investigative leads, including the video that was broadcast on local media (NBC10) last night that was obtained directly from a resident,” Webb-McRae stated.

“It should be noted that the red vehicle depicted on this video had been investigated and determined not to to be involved in this incident,” the prosecutor added.
Anyone with video or pictures may upload same to FBI — Seeking Information on Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez.

“Investigators have collected a significant amount of video, both commercial and residential, from the area the missing child was last observed and from throughout the city based on investigative leads, including the video that was broadcast on local media (NBC10) last night that was obtained directly from a resident,” Webb-McRae stated.

“It should be noted that the red vehicle depicted on this video had been investigated and determined not to to be involved in this incident,” the prosecutor added.
Anyone with video or pictures may upload same to FBI — Seeking Information on Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez.
8 days later....... IMO

I don't mean to be argumentative but if someone was close enough to see acne/facial sores and no facial hair, not even a tiny goatee, how come they cannot describe to a police artist, the shape of his face, oval, broad etc or if he had high cheekbones or wide set eyes or was wearing a baseball cap backwards.
Police artists are very skilled at interviewing and producing sketches.
Unless, the description is not from a live witness and therefore cannot be interviewed, but is in fact from a camera or LE doesn't have confidence in the accuracy or truth of the description.
I wonder if the best description came from a child who might be so traumatized.

I hope we are....but this has become such a cluster...
Agree, unfortunately. I think all the talk about her father and that video of the red SUV have muddied the waters when they have nothing to do with her disappearance. I believe she was taken by a predator and was probably killed the same day. The Hania Aguilar case comes to mind :( I pray I’m wrong.

A 2018 directive from the state Office of the Attorney General orders state and local officials not to assist Immigration and Custom’s enforcement beyond their legal requirements.

Following several high-profile ICE raids this year, including one in August where 680 undocumented immigrants were arrested in Mississippi, Chief Gairmari said he knows many Bridgeton residents are still hesitant to talk to state and local police.

“I think there are people who are apprehensive to come forward,” Gairmari said.

Gaimari said he believes someone in the city of 25,000 people, many of them immigrants from Mexico and Guatemala, has to know something that would help authorities locate Dulce.
https://www.nj.com/cumberland/2019/...-without-fear-in-search-for-dulce-alavez.html

I think the quote is talking about the specific car in the video? Not red vans in general?

ETA: emphasis on not involved in incident, bbm moo

The image of the car was a still from a video that was in MSM at some point. That MSM article was subsequently pulled (reason unknown).

I've messaged Tricia for her input on whether or not members can continue to discuss the vehicle in question. I know she is swamped, so may take a bit of time for an answer.

In the meantime, please don't continue to discuss it and we'll let you know as soon as we can.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members