AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my mind is going down the stranger abduction route. I hope this little girl is found but websleuths has made me kind of jaded, especially with all the missing kids turning up deceased in the last months. I dont know if its just that i seem to come across more 5 year olds that are missing cases or that statistics show that 5 is a more common age to be abducted/murdered. It just feels to me that a lot of the cases ive followed/following are 5 yr old children.
Ive had to take a lot of websleuths breaks lately to get my head in gear.

The claim that father wanted custody suggests there could be other possibilities rather than a stranger abduction.
It would be very hard for father to get custody legally unless he has some sort of legal status in the US (which, granted, we don't really know about).

if the prep is targeting the girl only and they are not related then they woulda bust the little boy, and his ice cream, the girl would had ran to protect him> ? no?

Hmmm...are you suggesting her brother could have been the original target & Dulce protected him? She did seem very involved in the convenience store video.....

Depending on his status in the US, that could be a high mountain to climb. Unless he has any legal status in the US, how would he be asking courts for visitations? He also apparently had no interest in the child, not even believing her to be his. He'd have to prove first she is his biological child, and I don't think saying "she looks like me" would work.
Yes, of course, it is a long process, but it can be done.

I don't think we know his status, but the first step would be to establish paternity, which does not take long, (2-3 days in lab) and then he would have to file for visitation.

I'm not saying he would be awarded custody, but if he is truly the father than he has parental rights.

In fact, if custody was never legally established in the beginning, then both parents have equal rights to the child. If he is a citizen and he said he wanted to take the child for the day to visit with him, there is nothing stopping him from legally seeing his child.

But we don't even know if this is a factor since he has not been involved in the child's life. We don't know what he actually said, or what the context of the conversation was.

Some people say that want to be involved or want custody but they never actually do anything about it. We don't know the circumstances so it's impossible to know what his intentions were.

IMO

Are we certain the grandmother has legal custody? I'm more than a little confused at this point. I know both young children live with her, but perhaps informally?
Dulce's mother claims her parents have official custody of Dulce.

"She said she and her mother fought. “My mom kicked me out,” she said. “I was angry so much and not helping out. But because I had Dulce when I was 14, my parents loved her like she was their daughter and took official custody of her. I’m OK with it.”"
Mother of 5-year-old South Jersey girl apparently abducted in park grieves and waits

Thirty years ago, 110 children nationwide were reportedly abducted by a stranger annually. That number nationwide now is estimated at 20 to 30 children annually, he said.

The same story is told through Federal Bureau of Investigation statistics, which reveals that fewer than 1 percent of missing child reports involve abductions by strangers, a statistic that’s held steady for years.

“One is the description of the person who is doing it, the method they are using to abduct the child, and any vehicle description that may be important,” he explained. “

Attempted abductions by strangers, while rare, are most likely to occur when a child is walking alone, either taking a short-cut, walking in an alley by themselves, or going to and from school, Lowery said.

“Stereotypical abductions” aren’t as prevalent anymore, but predators are still known to approach children to ask them for help to find their “lost puppy,” or they ask youth for “directions,” Lowery said.

The biggest difference between attempted abductions and child luring is contact. Attempted abductions involve a face-to-face encounter, and luring involves using tactics such as engaging juveniles in online chat rooms or contacting them on social media. Law enforcement refer to it as “technology-facilitated abduction.”

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/07/attempted-abductions-by-strangers-is-very-rare-expert.html

No, I don't think we know if custody was ever established.

One article I read stated that custody was shared between mother and grandmother.
However another article quotes Dulce mother saying the grandma has legal custody. I screenshot both in case links stop working.

Also in the article Dulce mom states that Dulce’s dad is from Mexico but spent time in NJ before returning to Mexico to attend university.

Mom of missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez avoiding public after critical comments about her behavior

Mother of 5-year-old South Jersey girl apparently abducted in Bridgeton park grieves and waits
upload_2019-9-24_21-45-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-24_21-46-3.png
    upload_2019-9-24_21-46-3.png
    385.1 KB · Views: 14
Are we certain the grandmother has legal custody? I'm more than a little confused at this point. I know both young children live with her, but perhaps informally?

Mom of missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez avoiding public after critical comments about her behavior

"Alavez Perez, who lives in an apartment near her parents, shares joint custody of Dulce with her mom and the kids live with her parents.

When she gave birth to Dulce at age 14, her parents had Dulce live with them because they didn’t think their daughter was responsible enough to care for her, she said. They love Dulce as if she is their own daughter, she said.

The entire family is struggling as they wait for word from police.

During the study year, there were an estimated 115 stereotypical kidnappings, defined as abductions per- petrated by a stranger or slight acquaintance and involving a child who was transported 50 or more miles, detained overnight, held for ransom or with the intent to keep the child permanently, or killed.
■ In 40 percent of stereotypical kidnappings, the child was killed, and in another 4 percent, the child was not recovered.
■ There were an estimated 58,200 child victims of non- family abduction, defined more broadly to include
all nonfamily perpetrators (friends and acquaintances as well as strangers) and crimes involving lesser amounts of forced movement or detention in addition to the more serious crimes entailed in stereotypical kidnappings.
■ Fifty-seven percent of children abducted by a non- family perpetrator were missing from caretakers for at least 1 hour, and police were contacted to help locate 21 percent of the abducted children.
■ Teenagers were by far the most frequent victims of both stereotypical kidnappings and nonfamily abductions.
■ Nearly half of all child victims of stereotypical kid- nappings and nonfamily abductions were sexually assaulted by the perpetrator.
http://unh.edu/ccrc/pdf/MC19.pdf

See page 4 for luring techniques.

Dulce's mother claims her parents have official custody of Dulce.

"She said she and her mother fought. “My mom kicked me out,” she said. “I was angry so much and not helping out. But because I had Dulce when I was 14, my parents loved her like she was their daughter and took official custody of her. I’m OK with it.”"
Mother of 5-year-old South Jersey girl apparently abducted in park grieves and waits
Well, "official" custody sounds like she means legal custody so for now I'm assuming they did file, which is a good thing. The father would not be allowed to take the child without permission.
Imo

"Alavez Perez, who lives in an apartment near her parents, shares joint custody of Dulce with her mom and the kids live with her parents.

When she gave birth to Dulce at age 14, her parents had Dulce live with them because they didn’t think their daughter was responsible enough to care for her, she said. They love Dulce as if she is their own daughter, she said.

The entire family is struggling as they wait for word from police.
Oh, ok, then I guess they have joint custody. I don't know what she meant by official, then. I guess we would have to see the actual documents to know for sure. The important thing is that they did file.

I wonder if when the father found out about that he was angry and that's why he said he would "fight" for custody? Maybe he asked to visit with her and was denied? Imo

Well, "official" custody sounds like she means legal custody so for now I'm assuming they did file, which is a good thing. The father would not be allowed to take the child without permission.
Imo
I agree. I don't think mother has legal custody of the child. Regarding the father, it doesn't sound like he ever even legally established paternity, because he didn't even believe a child was his but changed his mind based on child's looks (which really doesn't prove paternity).

Oh, ok, then I guess they have joint custody. I don't know what she meant by official, then. Imo
I think joint custody is "unofficial" but officially her parents have custody. Children don't live with their mother, and mother neither works nor goes to school, so not even sure what her means of support are. So I don't think she would be awarded custody without having a job or other means of support. But her parents obviously let her to spend time with her children.

Last edited:
Imo

JMO it sounds like the family has gone through all the proper channels involving custody. If the kids are enrolled in school, they know who has legal custody of the kids and they act accordingly. It's hard to game that system in NJ. I don't doubt it's exactly as she says ... she was young they got legal custody, and its up to the grandparents who watches the kids when they work, etc. Dad would have to have an agreement that the school has on file or be listed as an emergency contact to be able to pick them up at school, and would have to have a formal custody agreement to take the kid(s) unsupervised unless the grandparents say it's ok. They are the parents, essentially.

JMO it sounds like the family has gone through all the proper channels involving custody. If the kids are enrolled in school, they know who has legal custody of the kids and they act accordingly. It's hard to game that system in NJ. I don't doubt it's exactly as she says ... she was young they got legal custody, and its up to the grandparents who watches the kids when they work, etc. Dad would have to have an agreement that the school has on file or be listed as an emergency contact to be able to pick them up at school, and would have to have a formal custody agreement to take the kid(s) unsupervised unless the grandparents say it's ok. They are the parents, essentially.
Dulce's father doesn't live in US. Apparently he didn't even believe he was the father but changed his mind based on Dulce's looks. Which doesn't even sound like he has any legal rights whatsoever as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo