AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for pointing this out! I knew this and I did not see it! Even looking at the video, it did not click in my brain that this is NOT the younger sister. She does not even look like she's 8 yr-old! I really messed up badly on this one.

I started at day one today, trying to find proof, anything, in a video or written in an article that the younger sister did say something to the media. I was happy to find that video and it was not her. Apologies to all

I forgot to delete what I wrote at the top of the page in my last post. I was going to write about Dulce's mom finding out she is having a girl, then saw that it was already posted and I forgot to erase it.

Batting 1000
Still a good find even if it is an older sister and not a younger sister. Interesting that an older sister (who presumably was born in Mexico) seems to speak English better than Noema (since we spend so much time on Noema's English skills).

'She's Just An Innocent Girl': Mother Of Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Speaks Out As Search Enters Third Week

Around the 12 minute mark, she speaks about people judging her because of her past and how she changed now when she found out she was pregnant. So about 2-3 months ago she stopped doing things - people are going to talk since it’s very recent, not like from years ago.
JMO
Yea, not exactly ancient history. She also says she stopped hanging with her friends, so it sounds like maybe her former friends were not very nice people. Did that have anything to do with Dulce's missing? Likely not, but who really knows, since we have no idea what happened to the child.

I know it has been discussed repeatedly here about Noema’s English ex: using floor instead of ground, getting down from the car instead of out ...
We have also been frustrated with the inconsistencies in the media reporting on this case.
It was said that the media has been known to take one statement and change the words to fit the narrative or make better headlines.

I would like to know if LE has asked the media if they recorded the interviews for print articles - to establish if there were in fact inconsistent statements or if it was simply a case of the media changing her story.

In the Philadelphia Inquirer article from 9/18

“While Alavez Perez spoke with her sister about the little girl’s homework in the parking lot, Dulce and Manuel ran toward the swings on the playground about 30 yards away. They were out of sight for less than three minutes when Manuel ran back, crying and pointing to a spot near park buildings, she said.”

However in the press conference from 9/30 Noema says that after her sister realized they didn’t see the kids they got out from the car.

I know it has been discussed repeatedly here about Noema’s English ex: using floor instead of ground, getting down from the car instead of out ...
We have also been frustrated with the inconsistencies in the media reporting on this case.
It was said that the media has been known to take one statement and change the words to fit the narrative or make better headlines.

I would like to know if LE has asked the media if they recorded the interviews for print articles - to establish if there were in fact inconsistent statements or if it was simply a case of the media changing her story.

“While Alavez Perez spoke with her sister about the little girl’s homework in the parking lot, Dulce and Manuel ran toward the swings on the playground about 30 yards away. They were out of sight for less than three minutes when Manuel ran back, crying and pointing to a spot near park buildings, she said.”

However in the press conference from 9/30 Noema says that after her sister realized they didn’t see the kids they got out from the car.
The inconsistencies are very troubling.

amateur opinion and speculation

When Dulce's mom was asked about it, she said she never claimed the 3 year old run back to the car. So not sure where that claim is coming from. I think inconsistencies could be explained by poor reporting, or people putting their own interpretation on what Noema said. I mean, even in 911 call, dispatcher seem to have made up details that weren't told to her, and two males (Hispanic and black, doing who knows what, because Noema never said what exactly they were doing, other than being seen by somebody playing on the court) in dispatcher's story became two black males chasing Dulce. I mean, we are talking a completely different story of two men chasing Dulce that appears to have been made up by the dispatcher (presumably because she was trying to fill in the holes because mother wasn't actually an eyewitness to anything). So the rest of inconsistencies could very well be the same thing.

When Dulce's mom was asked about it, she said she never claimed the 3 year old run back to the car. So not sure where that claim is coming from. I think inconsistencies could be explained by poor reporting, or people putting their own interpretation on what Noema said. I mean, even in 911 call, dispatcher seem to have made up details that weren't told to her, and two males (Hispanic and black, doing who knows what, because Noema never said what exactly they were doing, other than being seen by somebody playing on the court) in dispatcher's story became two black males chasing Dulce. I mean, we are talking a completely different story of two men chasing Dulce that appears to have been made up by the dispatcher (presumably because she was trying to fill in the holes because mother wasn't actually an eyewitness to anything). So the rest of inconsistencies could very well be the same thing.
It could be that the man in the sketch who was with at least one child was playing with the child, maybe they were running around and Dulce joined in.
Children love to run, they like to play hide and seek, tag, or just run around while playing.
The second child that was possibly with the man may have actually been Dulce. The witnesses may have assumed she was with them.

I don't think the suspect was chasing her, but I do think the 3 year old saw her by those buildings, where he pointed when she asked where Dulce went.
Imo

Yes, she never said he ran back to the car. When they went to look for her, he likely came up to her crying. When kids are upset they usually head straight towards their mothers.
I think that's what she was describing.
Imo

"Despite rainy weather, volunteers persevered on Sunday in their search for Dulce Maria Alavez, a 5-year-old Bridgeton girl who has been missing for more than a month.

The search began around 9 a.m. when the group met at the playground where Dulce was last seen."

Community searches for missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez

Last edited:
Despite rainy weather, volunteers persevered on Sunday in their search for Dulce Maria Alavez, a 5-year-old Bridgeton girl who has been missing for more than a month.

Community searches for missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez
Wow, it's great to here this group from PA is searching for Dulce!
Maybe it will inspire some locals from her own community to help out. I read they were doing a food drive for the family awhile back.

I’m trying to figure out the mysterious “they” the mother is taking about.
She doesn’t refer to “the men playing ball” or “guys walking by” or whatever.
So “they” told her someone probably took Dulce?

I’m trying to figure out the mysterious “they” the mother is taking about.
She doesn’t refer to “the men playing ball” or “guys walking by” or whatever.
So “they” told her someone probably took Dulce?
No, I don't think they told her someone took Dulce. She is referring to the people who were at the park, who were either on the courts or watching the game. There were about 24 people there but we don't know which ones or how many of them saw the man or saw Dulce and told her mother what they saw.

Maybe some of them helped her look for her, but when police arrived many of them left so they had to track them down and question them later. It was after that when they released the description in the Amber Alert.

Maybe whoever provided the information for the sketch was one of those 24 witnesses, or maybe he was just someone who was at the park but did not come forward until later.

Imo

No, I don't think they told her someone took Dulce. She is referring to the people who were at the park, who were either on the courts or watching the game. There were about 24 people there but we don't know which ones or how many of them saw the man or saw Dulce and told her mother what they saw.

Maybe some of them helped her look for her, but when police arrived many of them left so they had to track them down and question them later. It was after that when they released the description in the Amber Alert.

Maybe whoever provided the information for the sketch was one of those 24 witnesses, or maybe he was just someone who was at the park but did not come forward until later.

Imo
That’s so sad, potential witnesses left.

Imo
Authorities said the witness who came up with a sketch only came forward recently.

"He was allegedly at the park around the time Dulce went missing. A witness recently came forward with his description and told authorities that he was seen with one or two children under the age of 5 years old. It was not immediately clear if one of the children was Dulce."

Authorities release sketch of 'possible witness' in case of missing girl

How do we know how many people were there without any cctv or witnesses?
LE first stated there were about two dozen witnesses (or POI's) and they had tracked down and spoken to all of them. They did have them on video, that's how they were able to locate them. Then on the following Saturday three more witnesses came forward, two adults and one male child.
The witness who provided the sketch just came forward recently. So that is about 28 people who were there.
We haven't heard where the recent witness was or if he was just walking by or what the scenario was, as far as I know. Imo

LE first stated there were about two dozen witnesses (or POI's) and they had tracked down and spoken to all of them. They did have them on video, that's how they were able to locate them. Then on the following Saturday three more witnesses came forward, two adults and one male child.
The witness who provided the sketch just came forward recently. So that is about 28 people who were there.
We haven't heard where the recent witness was or if he was just walking by or what the scenario was, as far as I know. Imo
I haven't seen that LE has them on video. The witness who came forward recently presumably had to have been the one who talked to the mother, since Hispanic male with two kids is mentioned on 911 call. So it's likely the witness was one of the people playing basketball that mother talked to when she started searching for Dulce. So I guess even if LE believed they talked with everybody who played basketball on the court either that day or the next day, they actually didn't.

We know that Dulce's mother mentioned Hispanic male with 2 kids on 911 call.
We know that LE didn't mention that male in Amber alert instead going with a red van story and a different Hispanic male (wearing different clothing, no facial hair, etc).
There was no sketch produced of the Hispanic male until recently.
The witness is said to have come forward only recently.
So I am guessing that witness was there but didn't talk to LE right away.

I haven't seen that LE has them on video. The witness who came forward recently presumably had to have been the one who talked to the mother, since Hispanic male with two kids is mentioned on 911 call. So it's likely the witness was one of the people playing basketball that mother talked to when she started searching for Dulce. So I guess even if LE believed they talked with everybody who played basketball on the court either that day or the next day, they actually didn't.
They said when they first arrived many of the witnesses left, but they were able to identify them and locate them because they had them on video.
Yes, it's certainly possible that they could not find one of them, and he came forward later. We don't know if he was on or around the courts, or at the playground, or near the abandoned buildings.
Obviously they don't know who the suspect is so that's another person they didn't know was there.

Imo

I went back to check the media thread, and it was in an article by 3 CBS Philly where the chief of police describes how they were able to locate the witnesses who left. He said they were able to locate the witnesses through dept body cams and MVR's so that's how they had them on video. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova